Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Trading Dave Andreychuk to Toronto in 92-93 for Grant Fuhr, when you had Dominik Hasek on the roster belongs on this list.

They didn't just give up Andreychuk in that one; they also gave up Puppa & a pick that turned into Kenny Jonsson. Absolutely horrible move that arguably cost them the SC in '93.

There were a few other monstrously boneheaded moves that weren't mentioned. Just ottomh & in no particular order. Throwing a truckload of money at a backless Craig Simpson. Giving Ray Sheppard up for a $. Drafting David Cooper & Jiri Dudacek in the 1st round. Trading for Buddy Cloutier - it took them forever to replace Brent Peterson. Allowing Zubrus to walk when the top 2 choices were out the door. Not getting Peca or anything for him Iin '00-'01 - THAT DID cost them the SC & led to Hasek forcing his trade.

So the author missed 2 of the 3 worst moves. He also doesn't appear to realize the Savard move was a swap of FA's, not truly a trade.

Edited by Taro T

And the site itself, with it's little "superfoods you wouldn't believe are in your home" crap that wouldn't even close when I clicked on the X.

I take it you don't have ad or script blocker? 

Edited by WildCard

Adblock and what is the next one because I want it.

I'm pretty sure every internet browser has an extension for it, at least chrome and firefox do. Script blocker blocks JavaScript on a webpage; essentially, it blocks everything on a webpage and you tell it what not to block. For instance, on SS, I have facebook blocked, but SS.com and google.com allowed. Flash applications, like all of the annoying adds adds that randomly start playing sound, and other sites that want to access and put their content on the webpage all have to be allowed before they show up/are used on your browser. What this does is a) utilize your bandwidth much better because you're not devoting resources to things you don't care about and/or don't even want to see and b) makes browsing a lot less cluttered/annoying.

The only annoying part is, when you do add it, you have to remember to unblock certain scripts, like SS.com, or else nothing on that site will work. So for youtube, or espn, or nhl, each site has their own scripts that allow not only the page to work, but things like nhl scores, video highlights, etc to run. If I don't feel like fooling around with it and I just want to view a site real quick (streaming games) I'll just Temporarily Allow All for a certain site. Otherwise, I only allow things I know are fundamental to make the website run, and nothing more. I love it though, definitely recommend 

Here are the advantages of adding it (bandwidth wise). The test, taken in 2011, saved some 40% of your bandwidth using NoScript whereas AdBlock only saves some 10%

http://ianix.com/pub/firefox-addons-and-bandwidth-consumption.html

Edited by WildCard

LA beat Edmonton 3-2 as Quick makes possibly the save of the year on McDavid to deny an open net tying goal with 5 seconds left. 

LA btw has bounced back from the rough start and have won 5 straight

Edited by WildCard

I like McDavid's fire there, getting right in the face of the ref. That's literally the only McDavid action I've seen this season. Does he play with that kind of emotion? I can't say it's a hallmark of Eichel's game yet.

Kind of like the Crosby whine. I do like the way he pushed the dman out of the way before putting the puck at the net.