Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I would like a stat for assists that are off of shot rebounds.  I like your idea too. We could actually figure out who is driving production.

That could definitely be derived from the shot charts they track.  I've seen the official college ones and they're great.  Player number, time and location of the shot or attempt, it's all there.

Friedman's 30 Thoughts  features this one in the top 10:

Quote of the week: “Hearing Buffalo is looking for a left-shot defenceman,” I told one GM. Reply: “You’re really on top of things. That’s been going on since the draft.”

Hah.. love it.

Wait that's brilliant. I imagine Vancouver and Buffalo will get games in 2020. I wonder if we'll get any before then.

Interesting thought, there were six teams that joined in 67, so 2017 would be a natural there. Philly vs Pitts would be a good one, and figure out how to make the Kings, Stars, and Blues work. The other team that year was the California Seals/Cleveland Barons, but it doesn't look like anyone claims that franchise so maybe throw someone in there to make three pairs. After that, Buffalo/Vancouver in 70, Flames/Isles in 72, and Devils/Caps (Devils were in KC though) for 1974.

Interesting thought, there were six teams that joined in 67, so 2017 would be a natural there. Philly vs Pitts would be a good one, and figure out how to make the Kings, Stars, and Blues work. The other team that year was the California Seals/Cleveland Barons, but it doesn't look like anyone claims that franchise so maybe throw someone in there to make three pairs. After that, Buffalo/Vancouver in 70, Flames/Isles in 72, and Devils/Caps (Devils were in KC though) for 1974.

Seals logically progress through to the Snarks.

Putting Dallas as Minnesota's child.

Seguin got a HT against Boston tonight.  Replay clearly showed on 3rd goal that the puck came out over blue line before being pulled back in and deposited in net by Seguin; CJ did not challenge it.

Completely honest here, I don't know how reliable this guy is, but

Terry JonesVerified account

@sunterryjonesMcDavid in the hallway outsite Oilers dressing room with skates off and arm/shoulder in a sling. It's serious.

Edit: NVM, he's in the Hockey Writers HOF, that tweet is legitimate

Yep. He's not coming back this game. Tough f'n kid, though. You could tell he was hurt but tried to hide it and skated to the bench until the period ended.