Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Yep.  That's what that means.

That tells me his goal isn't playoffs for this year.  He's not worried about maximizing points now, when those points might make the difference in whether we make the playoffs this spring.

I'm not sure about that.  Isn't Johnson playing better than Ramo right now?

Ah, but Ramo is a clear upgrade over Lieuwen, I'd hope.  Maybe Murray doesn't want to harm the fragile ecosystem inside Lehner's noggin?

Turns out Rob Ray is the 16th best NHL analyst

Rob Ray has his moments, but every time he takes a step forward behind the mic he seems to take two or three more back. He’s one of the only people on this list that would consistently mispronounce the name of a player on his own time – Mike Grigor-INKO. The banter between he and Rick Jeanneret and Dan Dunleavy is funny at times, providing some entertainment between plays. But his analysis could use some work.

Cool list, thanks. One of the most important aspect I see in an analyst/color commentator is knowing when to shut up. Brian Engblom is nauseating. He talks just to hear himself and he's full of the typical cliches and buzzwords. Potvin talks way too much as well. It sounds like he's usually half in the bag by the time the game starts, and if he finds something that bugs him he just rambles on and on. In Potvin's defense, he has great hockey knowledge; he's great to listen to when he does interviews on radio shows.

And RJ ranks...14th

If this list was done 9-10 years ago, there’s no doubt that Rick Jeanneret is among the five best. Unfortunately, age and his bout with cancer are catching up to him. I know Sabres fans may not like to admit it, but it’s about time that the great RJ finally hangs up the mic. Still, it was goosebump-worthy to hear him call a goal after being cleared.

FWIW, the Stars ranked #1 in both analyst and broadcaster