Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Florida has a bunch of young, great centers, so the McCann add is a little strange. I don't know much about Gudbranson though.

And Vancouver just said today their main goal in the offseason is to bolster their offense.

Third overall pick. Big, mean, an athlete.

Does not play well with fancystats.

They did just revamp their analytics department.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I continue to be thankful to Pat LaFontaine for not hiring Jim Benning.

Right? Vancouver needs centers, so they trade a guy who is a late 96 bday (it is important) and in his draft year almost had a ppg and then dropped the hammer the following year in the OHL with 81points in 56 games. He comes to a garbage Vancouver team and nets 28pts in 69games and he won't be 20years old for another 5 days.  Vancouver is dumb. 

In Florida's defense, Matheson will be a top 4 next year. But then again, Soupy did say yesterday that he will test the market.

Come on home Soupy 

So, so much. That and I honestly think Murray is a top NHL GM

So, does Hitchcock get fired for falling short again? Or did they go far enough?

Yeah, I don't hate the deal.  But, it's a bit puzzling.  McCann really struggled especially in the face off circle.  But, they need D in the worst way as well.  They're gettig bigger for sure. 

It makes zero sense for the Panthers. There's more to Gudbranson than just advanced stats. The new owner is making it all about advanced stats. He said any trades will have to go through Tallon even though he's not the GM any more. I highly doubt he OK'ed this deal and wouldn't be surprised to see him walk.

Too bad, this team had such high hopes.

Learn never to trust management. Gudbranson took a one year deal recently for a discounted rate because the Panthers told him they would give him a long term deal around mid-season. Or........ what they really meant was they wanted to give him a cheap deal to make him look more enticing for a trade partner.

I hope he fires his agent for that.

IMO, it's just that the product sucks. I love the sport, and usually love the Cup run, but this year it's been so damn boring. The NBA playoffs have it right, though these conference finals have been blowouts so far.

Revenue plummets because their product sucks, and this is what they do. Only way to fix the revenue stream is expansion and ads everywhere!

Napoleon at it again. This man is out of control.................

http://deadspin.com/the-nhl-threatened-to-fine-the-lightning-if-they-didnt-1778925655

Revenue plummets because their product sucks, and this is what they do. Only way to fix the revenue stream is expansion and ads everywhere!

Bettman is out of control.

Guys, this isn't new to pro-sports & the NHL isn't leading this charge.

Back in the mid-90's the Bills hosted a viewing of the Fish game in Miami at the Field House. The league stopped them from doing it the next year because the attendance didn't count towards Nielson ratings.

Agree that it stinks that the NHL is keeping the Bolts from doing something fun for the fans, but the other leagues have been doing it for at least 20 years.

Guys, this isn't new to pro-sports & the NHL isn't leading this charge.

Back in the mid-90's the Bills hosted a viewing of the Fish game in Miami at the Field House. The league stopped them from doing it the next year because the attendance didn't count towards Nielson ratings.

Agree that it stinks that the NHL is keeping the Bolts from doing something fun for the fans, but the other leagues have been doing it for at least 20 years.

You're right it's nothing new. But that doesn't make it right. Not to mention what the article brought up, other teams have held multiple events. If he's going to adhere to the rules, it has to apply to everybody else. Napoleon will enforce the rules whenever he deems it necessary, kind of like his on-ice product. The NBA welcomes these kind of things.