Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

In what world does a guy coming off a career year with 11 goals get $4 million?

Eleven's right. The $2.5 is tough to swallow.

They certainly will qualify him however.

Foligno had value.

This reminds me of the Stafford talks. Foligno is worth 2.5 until he can show consistency. Edited by LGR4GM

If Larsson has the same success next year as he did in the 2nd half of last year, do we pay him $4m?

Idk, if he scores gwg again the way he did maybe. A 3rd line center is more valuable than a 3rd line winger imo.

Idk, if he scores gwg again the way he did maybe. A 3rd line center is more valuable than a 3rd line winger imo.

Well your last sentence is definitely true. I would expect something around 25-30 points from him for $4m. Edited by WildCard

Foligno is trash 9/10 games and then in the tenth game decides to use his body to bully the puck to the net rather than dangle and give the puck away.

If it were me, I would let him walk and rot in the AHL

This was definitely not true for 2016.

Foligno was effective - the player we should have expected him to be, not the mirage he was his first dozen NHL games - nine out of ten games he played with Gionta and Larsson

Foligno was effective - the player we should have expected him to be, not the mirage he was his first dozen NHL games - nine out of ten games he played with Gionta and Larsson

Definitely. Foligno was solid this year and found a good bit more consistency. Hope we lock him up.

Was the Stafford - Ennis - Foligno line the dozen games you're referring to? I honestly don't remember if that was his rookie year or not

Yep, that run at the end of the year.

The unforgettable comeback game against Toronto for Marcus poking the puck in after a ten second scrum in front of the net that I'm pretty sure we all would have blown a gasket on if it happened against us. It was great!

Wasn't it Roy or Leopold?

I like how the ref is looking around for the puck... it goes in the net, he still doesn't see it but hears the horn go off, then looks in the net and makes the goal signal

Edited by pi2000

Derrico, can you please release pi from the avatar bet?  I can't do this anymore, and it's only been one week.

It has to last at least as long as I made nfreeman use the Obama with the Cup avatar, which was three and one half weeks.

I mean, we could shop his body and throw some boobs on there. I mean, actual boobs

You've already ruined SabreSpace for me and now you want to ruin boobs.

You : this site :: Genghis Khan : Russia.

You've already ruined SabreSpace for me and now you want to ruin boobs.

You : this site :: Genghis Khan : Russia.

I mean, I can deal with that. At least he was successful in Russia. Napolean and Hitler, not so much.