Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

....or not. So they don't have to be protected?? I'm lost.

Also, who is exempt. ELCs?

NMCs are exempt. It appears NTCs are not exempt and must be protected.

I doubt they are done tweaking the expansion draft but it's probably got to be announced by the draft considering some teams' entire offseasons will be dictated by these rules (that is if they announce expansion for the 2017-18 season).

NMCs are exempt. It appears NTCs are not exempt and must be protected.

I doubt they are done tweaking the expansion draft but it's probably got to be announced by the draft considering some teams' entire offseasons will be dictated by these rules (that is if they announce expansion for the 2017-18 season).

I don't think we have any NMCs anyways, right?

I think I read somewhere that anyone on an ELC is exempt but can't find confirmation.

I don't think we have any NMCs anyways, right?

I think I read somewhere that anyone on an ELC is exempt but can't find confirmation.

Brian Gionta has a NMC. And it was said as players with only two years of pro experience are also exempt which the assumption is that Eichel and Reinhart will not have to be protected if it happens next offseason.

Brian Gionta has a NMC. And it was said as players with only two years of pro experience are also exempt which the assumption is that Eichel and Reinhart will not have to be protected if it happens next offseason.

Right, so anyone on an ELC. Even if they are headed into their 3rd and final ELC year, they'd only have 2 years of pro experience.

Right, so anyone on an ELC. Even if they are headed into their 3rd and final ELC year, they'd only have 2 years of pro experience.

They should have just done, if you are on an ELC or it expires July 1 of the expansion draft year. I feel like the NHL over-complicates things. 

Yup, that's where Josie got the reference. 

That's right!  I remember that.

Wait for it; now it won't happen next offseason, but rather, the one after.

This clip is where you abstracted your avatar from, correct?

So as d4rk responded, that avatar was custom painted by Josie, who apparently had a few minutes between work, mules, babysitting d4rk, and trapezes, and yes, that's where she got it from.

Adrian Dater and other reporters reporting Vegas is a done deal for '17-18 and the BOG will approve later in June.

Would make scheduling for Wales Conference teams easy: H&H vs Campbell; 3 in conf (non-division); 4 in div. (30+24+28=82)

That's right!  I remember that.

So as d4rk responded, that avatar was custom painted by Josie, who apparently had a few minutes between work, mules, babysitting d4rk, and trapezes, and yes, that's where she got it from.

I never could quite get that angle. That portrait is the story I tell my students that sometimes, an angle/composition just fights you, and it's ok.

I really do plan to paint you a better one someday. It's been like... 4 years since I painted that one, I've improved a lot since then. 

So that screws us for Eichel and Reinhart, right?

No. '17-18 is next offsesson. If the rules are interpreted the way everybody has been they won't have to be protected.

Also, Bill Daly's response was "I would say that Mr. Dater doesn't have any different or additional information than anyone else has."

That sounds like an attempt to seem like a denial but, in reality, confirming his report.

From Friedman's 30 Thoughts..

19. The Draft Combine is being held in Buffalo this week. One rumour: the hometown Sabres are looking at a contract extension for GM Tim Murray. I believe he’s entering the final year of his contract, so that makes sense. (Murray did not respond to a request for comment.)

And Brad Shaw is mentioned as a possible Asst. Coach in Buffalo

From Friedman's 30 Thoughts..

19. The Draft Combine is being held in Buffalo this week. One rumour: the hometown Sabres are looking at a contract extension for GM Tim Murray. I believe he’s entering the final year of his contract, so that makes sense. (Murray did not respond to a request for comment.)

And Brad Shaw is mentioned as a possible Asst. Coach in Buffalo

:worthy:  :wub:

I need refreshers, details on both of these.

15 Campbell Conference teams, 16 Wales Conf teams split into 2 divisions of 8 each. For an Adams Division team, like the Sabres, they would play each of the 15 CC teams twice (H&H), each of the 8 Patrick teams 3 times (4 w/ 2 home games, 4 w/ 2 roadies; flip venues the following year), & they'd host Adams rivals twice each & travel to each twice as well. Close to what they're doing currently, but there are 2 spare 'bonus' games w/ only 28 cross-conference games.

Would expect the 8 team division out west, probably the Smythe, to play 32 vs the Wales, 21 vs the Norris, if there's 28 games in division - they'd play 1 extra game either in division or in conference.

Then the 7 team division gets 32 vs Wales, 24 vs Smythe, 24 games in division w/ 2 'extra' games to be played in division or in conference. (Vs the 4 extra games the Campbell teams curently have).

15 Campbell Conference teams, 16 Wales Conf teams split into 2 divisions of 8 each. For an Adams Division team, like the Sabres, they would play each of the 15 CC teams twice (H&H), each of the 8 Patrick teams 3 times (4 w/ 2 home games, 4 w/ 2 roadies; flip venues the following year), & they'd host Adams rivals twice each & travel to each twice as well. Close to what they're doing currently, but there are 2 spare 'bonus' games w/ only 28 cross-conference games.

Would expect the 8 team division out west, probably the Smythe, to play 32 vs the Wales, 21 vs the Norris, if there's 28 games in division - they'd play 1 extra game either in division or in conference.

Then the 7 team division gets 32 vs Wales, 24 vs Smythe, 24 games in division w/ 2 'extra' games to be played in division or in conference. (Vs the 4 extra games the Campbell teams curently have).

If they change the stupid division names from Atlantic (literally only 2 teams play in Atlantic coast cities) to awesome historic hockey divisions, I am in and don't care how that schedule shakes out. 

I think my problem is that my memory has faded just a bit on the auld conference and division designations. Adams and Patrick I recall easily enough.

Norris was Midwest. Smythe was Edmonton, Calgary, & a whole lotta nuthin'. ;)

No love for Tiger Williams and Harold Snepsts?

To me, Williams was a ####in' Loaf. So that should answer the 1st part of the question. :p

Even though LA, Vancouver, & Winnipeg had some good players; for the most part they were as bad as the garbage playing in the Norris.

You like to rail on how the league doesn't have enough talent for 30 teams. Back in the '80's there weren't even CLOSE to 21 good teams. And, except for the Eulers (& occassionally Calgary) the entire Campbell Conference was pathetic. (Slight hyperbole, but not by much.) If the Eulers had to play hockey prior to the Finals they wouldn't have had 4 of 5 & 5 of 7 IMHO. They'd've had 2 or 3 in 7; but no way do they get 5.

To me, Williams was a ####in' Loaf. So that should answer the 1st part of the question. :P

Even though LA, Vancouver, & Winnipeg had some good players; for the most part they were as bad as the garbage playing in the Norris.

You like to rail on how the league doesn't have enough talent for 30 teams. Back in the '80's there weren't even CLOSE to 21 good teams. And, except for the Eulers (& occassionally Calgary) the entire Campbell Conference was pathetic. (Slight hyperbole, but not by much.) If the Eulers had to play hockey prior to the Finals they wouldn't have had 4 of 5 & 5 of 7 IMHO. They'd've had 2 or 3 in 7; but no way do they get 5.

This is absolutely correct.