Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

HOF, yay or nay. Could be an interesting thread. There are some significantly better "stat" lines not in the Hall. Perhaps the NHL's a little more exclusive than some leagues. Roenick, Lindros, Turgeon, Andrychuk.

No, probably, #### no, no.

Max Talbot to the KHL

C Lokomotiv Yaroslavl reported on Friday, per the team’s official site, that Talbot has been inked to a deal with the club for the upcoming year. No financial details for the contract were announced, although Lokomotiv did confirm that the deal will only span one year.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/max-talbot-signs-khls-lokomotiv/

Dustin Brown is no longer the captain of the LA Kings

Per TSN’s Frank Seravalli, Brown has been informed by the Kings that he will no longer serve as the club’s captain moving forward. “They want to go in a different direction with the ‘C'”, per Seravalli’s Twitt

Edited by WildCard

Max Talbot to the KHL

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/max-talbot-signs-khls-lokomotiv/

Dustin Brown is no longer the captain of the LA Kings

Maybe that pushes Brown to have a breakout year like Thornton had.  :P Unlikely, but the thought naturally crept to mind.  Brown is a good soldier but is signed way to long in terms of the pact.  

Remember that thread about wishing harm on players and everything being over the top so it should not be taken seriously?  Is this one of those times?  Because "I swear to God" seems to bring it a back to reality.

Or is this different?  Not being an ass... legitimately asking.. do you have reason to wish him harm due to his comments about Drury?

Sorry LTS, but why do we have to be politically correct on a message board about sports?

I say we get him!

I continue to be thankful to Pat LaFontaine for not hiring Jim Benning.

Holy crap what a show that guy is!  Agreed thank you Patty.

Come on home Soupy 

So, so much. That and I honestly think Murray is a top NHL GM

So, does Hitchcock get fired for falling short again? Or did they go far enough?

I think this draft will define Murray but I also feel he is amongst the best. Certainly the most refreshing here.

I think Hitch is gone. I think there's bound to be some big changes with the Blues despite how far they advanced and I suspect he gets caught up in it. Backes gone, Shattenkirk? Will be a very difficult off season for that team and more so because of how far they went. But changes are destined to happen there. I believe Backes is gone but does anyone else feel they weren't getting their money's worth from Stastny?

Briere should not be in the Hall of Fame.

He's in my personal all time hall of fame! Such a clutch playoff guy. I really loved Danny Briere.

Was he clutch or did he just maintain his regular production?

I'll leave that for an analytics guy. Paging analytics guy. Paging analytics guy.

I'll leave that for an analytics guy. Paging analytics guy. Paging analytics guy.

I am NOT impersonating Analytics Guy, but my calculator tells me .69 and .94 ppg, regular season and playoffs, respectively. I'd say significant*. All time top 50 forward, playoff ppg.

*conversationally. I'll let TBGED tell us if it's statistically. 973 and 124 games, respectively.

Edited by N'eo

If you wanted to compare his playoff stats to his regular season stats in terms of PPG, wouldn't you average only the regarding seasons in which he actually played in the playoffs? If I remember correctly, he was well over a point per game player in the regular season for most of the years he went to the playoffs.

Was he clutch or did he just maintain his regular production?

Yes, this right here.

I am NOT impersonating Analytics Guy, but my calculator tells me .69 and .94 ppg, regular season and playoffs, respectively. I'd say significant*. All time top 50 forward, playoff ppg.

*conversationally. I'll let TBGED tell us if it's statistically. 973 and 124 games, respectively.

Hot damn I love you bro!!

After another Mem Cup, belief is Dale Hunter on radar for #Ducks job. Whether or not he's interested in #NHL return remains to be seen. #TSN

More coaching speculation by Friedman (on Hitchcock)

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-wonders-if-ducks-are-waiting-talk-hitchcock/

Edited by WildCard

Hitchcock back in St.Louis

Per Nick Kypreos, Hitchcock has reportedly come to terms on a new deal to coach the Blues for the upcoming 2016-17 season. The deal, which Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliotte Friedman suggests is a one year deal once again, should be announced as early as this upcoming week.

They count towards the number of protected forwards I believe.

From Lebrun today:

"And while Daly wouldn't say, presuming therefore that players with full no-moves can't be exposed. Looks like they'll be immune to exp draft"

People are taking that to mean they won't be exposed and won't count on the list of protected players

From Lebrun today:

"And while Daly wouldn't say, presuming therefore that players with full no-moves can't be exposed. Looks like they'll be immune to exp draft"

People are taking that to mean they won't be exposed and won't count on the list of protected players

So, we don't need to protect Samson and Jack?