Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

And yes, they can always give them time on the wing to get their feet wet, but that last point still remains the same, someone needs to be out there at center.

I think one of the 2nd overalls will be playing center on one of the top two lines come the fall. But if DDB wants to break them both in on the wing, he can.

1. Girgs

2. Larsson

3. Grigo

4. McCormick

Maybe the top three shuffle a bit based on training camp/preseason, but if they want to shelter the new guys at wing to start, they can.

By the end of November though I expect something more along the lines of

1. Eichel

2. Samson

3. Larsson

4. Grigo

with Girgs playing a wing and McCormick being the depth scratch.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

I might like it in a couple years, but I just can't see any point this year where we're running 4 centers who are 22 and younger.  Even if it's a Rob Niedermeyer-type, they pretty much have to add a vet or two into that group.

THE FUTURE IS NOW.

The news is not surprising but sure is interesting.

There's really only one place he belongs. Right here, the growing home of USA hockey.

Being Granato is an assistant, if he has aspirations of being a head coach, he'll need to win sooner than later and I know we will be miles ahead of Toronto at the start of the season. 

If this happens, I rate this as yet another hell ya in the building of One Buffalo. Really impressive what the hell is going on.

Viva El Pegual

As for Barr (from his Wiki page):

He was the General Manager and then General Manager/Head Coach of the Guelph Storm of the OHL from 2003–08, where his team won the OHL Championship in 2003–04 and Barr collected the Matt Leyden Trophy, emblematic of the league's Coach of the Year, in 2005–06.[5]Barr was also named as the head coach of Canada's National Men's Summer Under-18 Team for the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament from August 14–18, 2007, in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Barr left the OHL to become an assistant coach for the Colorado Avalanche of the NHL during the 2008–09 NHL season, but following a disappointing year in which they finished last overall in the NHL's Western Conference, the Avalanche cleaned house and fired their entire coaching staff. On July 3, 2009 the Minnesota Wild hired Dave Barr as an assistant coach. Barr was dismissed, along with head coach Todd Richards, by the Wild on April 11, 2011 in a Minnesota coaching staff restructuring. On July 29, 2011, Barr was named assistant coach of the New Jersey Devils, joining new coach Peter DeBoer on the staff.[6] Barr was subsequently dismissed, along with head coach Peter DeBoer, by the Devils on December 27, 2014 in a New Jersey coaching staff restructuring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.