Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

Am I crazy or is Terry Murray GMTM's uncle? And now he's going to be an assistant coach on the Sabres?

Does that strike anyone else as a strange situation?

He is. And I don't think so. He's highly regarded. One scribe just tweeted he gets a ton of credit for the LA Kings development.

Am I crazy or is Terry Murray GMTM's uncle?  And now he's going to be an assistant coach on the Sabres?

Does that strike anyone else as a strange situation?

It does feel a bit odd to me, but I'd take this situation over the one from a few years back where people always wanted to add Mike Foligno.  Having a father-son coach-player situation is one that would definitely look odd to me.

How often do we actually even mention the assistant coaches?

It depends on the situation obviously. Remember the near universal praise we heard around here for Scott Arniel? I think it was before your time here, but people sure did love his work with the powerplay.

@theroyalhalf: Buffalo Sabres fans should consider themselves #blessed to have Terry Murray behind the bench on such a young team.

@simmonssteve: Nice hire in Buffalo. Uncle Terry Murray going to assist Dan Bylsma. Terrific hockey coach who had a lot to do with growth of LA Kings.

Anyone else get the impression that Arthurs Irbe will not be returning to the coaching staff?

I think the hold up with that isn't Irbe it is the Sabres lack of GT's.  Bylsma might want a different coach depending on who ends up filling the crease.

Anyone else get the impression that Arthurs Irbe will not be returning to the coaching staff?

No, not at all.  I haven't gotten a read one way or the other.

Someone asked a question about Irbe today but I didn't get to hear the answer because of work. Stupid work. 

Wasn't there a report that said they spoke to Irbe about staying?

There was. But that's all we know.

Someone asked a question about Irbe today but I didn't get to hear the answer because of work. Stupid work. 

There was. But that's all we know.

Audio is posted in the presser thread.  They haven't made a decision on Irbe yet.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.