Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

Perhaps. But in looking at his results from the 2009 combine, he wasn't doing what Eichel is doing at that age.  I don't know if Kane can now clean as much or do as many pull-ups at 198 pounds, but there is no doubt he's a far better boxer. All I know is they are both explosive and fast as hell on their skates. Throw in Ennis and we finally have a line that is actually difficult to defend. 

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/icehockey/nhl-combine-results-2009.htm

GO SABRES!!!

Nick Deslauriers surprisingly with a top-five wingspan? Partially explains his fighting prowess.Well, that and the crazy eyes.

Nick Deslauriers surprisingly with a top-five wingspan? Partially explains his fighting prowess.Well, that and the crazy eyes.

It's the Frenchman thing no?

I think it's great that Bylsma is already breaking down information like this. Going to get started right off the bat. I'm sure this pleases GMTM. And Nikita too.

Edited by beerme1

Bylsma likes Zemgus and didn't rule out starting the season with him as the #1 center.  Said something along the lines of protecting Eichel and Samson and not expecting them to play against Crosby or Giroux, or Ovechkin right away.

Bylsma likes Zemgus and didn't rule out starting the season with him as the #1 center.  Said something along the lines of protecting Eichel and Samson and not expecting them to play against Crosby or Giroux, or Ovechkin right away.

Stamkos averaged 14:56 his rookie season. The first half of the season he was held to 10 minutes of ice time. Stamkos was eased into the NHL. I have no problem w/ Bylsma doing the same thing w/ Eichel and Samson. As the season progresses, changes can be made. Increase their ice time  when they seem ready. I'm not talking about earning ice time. There is a difference between the two. I would be very disappointed if Bylsma went w/ Nolan's approach. 

Edited by GoPre

Stamkos averaged 14:56 his rookie season. The first half of the season he was held to 10 minutes of ice time. Stamkos was eased into the NHL. I have no problem w/ Bylsma doing the same thing w/ Eichel and Samson. As the season progresses, changes can be made. Increase their ice time  when they seem ready. I'm not talking about earning ice time. There is a difference between the two. I would be very disappointed if Bylsma went w/ Nolan's approach. 

Of course, Barry Mellrose quickly got fired after limiting Stamkos' ice time for the first dozen or so games that year.

DDB isn't Barry.  And he was just hired.

So was Melrose.  All I'm trying to suggest here is that heavily limiting the minutes of the so called franchise Messiah isn't always all that welcomed.  Bylsma won't throw Eichel to the wolves, but he won't be giving him the Stamkos treatment either.  If Reinhart also sticks with the big club, there's only so much ice time limiting you can do with the young centers.  Someone needs to be out there.

And yes, they can always give them time on the wing to get their feet wet, but that last point still remains the same, someone needs to be out there at center.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.