Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

Am I crazy or is Terry Murray GMTM's uncle?  And now he's going to be an assistant coach on the Sabres?

Does that strike anyone else as a strange situation?

Yep.  And Sorta. 

I can't tell you how delighted I am this morning that Terry Murray is part of the staff. 

I'm reluctant to call anyone in this game a genius. But I can't think of a better guy to handle/teach the defense and call the pairings. 

So -- sorta strange, but completely awesome as well?

Edited by That Aud Smell

I suppose my underlying concern about the uncle thing is this:  what if PAFan is right and TP is really a meddling bozo who forced GMTM to hire a big-name coach despite GMTM preferring someone like Richardson?  And what if GMTM acceded to TP's demand but maneuvered to get his uncle in as one of the assistants, so that GMTM would know what is going on in the locker room?  And what if that is inherently a toxic and flammable situation?

What if PAFan is right about everything?  Is that a world that we can live in?

I suppose my underlying concern about the uncle thing is this: what if PAFan is right and TP is really a meddling bozo who forced GMTM to hire a big-name coach despite GMTM preferring someone like Richardson? And what if GMTM acceded to TP's demand but maneuvered to get his uncle in as one of the assistants, so that GMTM would know what is going on in the locker room? And what if that is inherently a toxic and flammable situation?

What if PAFan is right about everything? Is that a world that we can live in?

And what if we're really in the Matrix?

I suppose my underlying concern about the uncle thing is this:  what if PAFan is right and TP is really a meddling bozo who forced GMTM to hire a big-name coach despite GMTM preferring someone like Richardson?  And what if GMTM acceded to TP's demand but maneuvered to get his uncle in as one of the assistants, so that GMTM would know what is going on in the locker room?  And what if that is inherently a toxic and flammable situation?

This has all the tell-tale signs of Stockholm Syndrome.

If true, it would be a world we would live in. Regardless.

And what if we're really in the Matrix?

Every now and then, I feel like that could be true. Just a for a second.

This has all the tell-tale signs of Stockholm Syndrome.

Ha!

There is no Murray. 

Nice.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Personally I can't stand PA. That's me and I'm entitled to my opinion. But I think as a mod, blatantly trolling someone is kinda whack.

Even if I cant stand him and his endless conspiracy crap and find it annoying drivel. I'm sure he sees me in the same light and that's alright. We cant all get along.

In other words it would be fine for me to do it, but a mod? Not cool in my book. That's all I'm sayin.

Personally I can't stand PA. That's me and I'm entitled to my opinion. But I think as a mod, blatantly trolling someone is kinda whack.

Even if I cant stand him and his endless conspiracy crap and find it annoying drivel. I'm sure he sees me in the same light and that's alright. We cant all get along.

In other words it would be fine for me to do it, but a mod? Not cool in my book. That's all I'm sayin.

I'm not sure he's trolling PA.

And even if he were, those fellas have a history -- PA's smart enough to take it in the right spirit.

this is wrong.

No mod has ever been asked nor will ever be asked to stop participating in a community in the ways that they previously interacted. Mods/Admins are still fans of the team and are still welcomed to interact with everyone as they so choose.

Yeah, I don't get the PA hate.  He's just another opinion, stated just as firmly as any of us state ours.  Same with Dwight.

I don't think it's hate at all. I just think people tend to get tired of the exact same axe being ground in different ways in numerous threads. It's the message board equivalent of the boy who cried wolf.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me an example of something PA has said to have been actually proven to not be true. I guess it's just easier to throw barbs.

Is it similarly difficult to find an example of things that have proven to be true?

Perhaps not. He pegged (although likely over-stated) T Peg as an "active" (meddling) owner before many were inclined to admit as much (including me). 

Meanwhile, the rest of us are still waiting for him to say something he has proven to be true.

Is it similarly difficult to find an example of things that have proven to be true?

Perhaps not. He pegged (although likely over-stated) T Peg as an "active" (meddling) owner before many were inclined to admit as much (including me). 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.