The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

To be fair Montreal was just eliminated by TB. A team that has more depth up front than Montreal could hope to have. Again they have Subban, Price, Pacioretty.... and then what? That is their new core.

As for the other post of Suban over Risto. Right now? Sure I would take Subban but what about in 2 years? PK will be 28 and Rasmus 22. I want to know who will be better then. I have my hunches.

We were eliminated by Tampa... In September.

And nobody is taking Risto over PK. Maybe down the road, but that's a long climb to Norris-caliber leader on the back end. It's a clear case of homerism if you would legitimately rather have Risto.

On their core: that's their core and then what? Well what else do you want? They've got plenty of talent to fill the roster.

Montreal is the better situation. It's okay to not be the best situation... I mean we just finished last for two straight seasons.

Or order it to your door:  https://katzsdelicatessen.goldbely.com/404-package-1-pastrami-corned-beef-dinner-for-2

That seems like it feeds more than two normal-sized people, I must say.

The sandwich feeds more than 1 normal sized person.  It's absurd.

It was really really good.  I've not had smoked meat in Montreal but I've eaten at Katz's.  That said.. I don't recall it being a revelation for me. 

We were eliminated by Tampa... In September.

And nobody is taking Risto over PK. Maybe down the road, but that's a long climb to Norris-caliber leader on the back end. It's a clear case of homerism if you would legitimately rather have Risto.

On their core: that's their core and then what? Well what else do you want? They've got plenty of talent to fill the roster.

Montreal is the better situation. It's okay to not be the best situation... I mean we just finished last for two straight seasons.

I'm not sure how you can ignore their center situation, which is worse than the Roy-Connolly-Gaustad days around here.

That take is like 3 months old and came from the real hockey media. It's perfectly reasonable and acceptable for Babcock to be leveraging other teams to extract a better offer from Detroit, and as a happy side effect increase what coaches make.

Like I said, interesting take and why not?

And one of those teams was Detroit  ;)

At this point, if I even bother to look back on history, I go back to the 2005 lockout.  But only championship tally that matters to me gets reset each October.  What have you done for me lately?

Blasphemy!! Nobody can make this claim after they've had a smoked meat reuben from Dunn's on Metcalf Street. God their Montreal Smoked Meat Egg Rolls and Smoked Meat Poutine is unreal as well. I need another trip back to Montreal......

This reads like sarcasm but I think it's legit. Since I'll never be allowed in Canada, there is a product just called smoked meat. Not even a delineation for what type of meat. Possum, baby seal, rabid moose?

This reads like sarcasm but I think it's legit. Since I'll never be allowed in Canada, there is a product just called smoked meat. Not even a delineation for what type of meat. Possum, baby seal, rabid moose?

Montreal Smoked Meat is, I think, made from the same beef cut as is used for pastrami, and they are very similar as cured meats). Good MSM is really, really good.

Montreal Smoked Meat is, I think, made from the same beef cut as is used for pastrami, and they are very similar as cured meats). Good MSM is really, really good.

I've now been dreaming of a smoked meat sandwich all day.  Hitting the local deli on the way home but I already know how massively disappointed I'm going to be.

Friedman reporting on SportsNet that McLellan to the Oilers is a done deal, barring any major snafus

Well, my number 2 is gone (I think Edmonton was smart to target him from the get go rather than wait on and bid for Babcock). Now I hope we get Babcock even more. If not, I think Blashill has moved up to my #2 spot.

That take is like 3 months old and came from the real hockey media. It's perfectly reasonable and acceptable for Babcock to be leveraging other teams to extract a better offer from Detroit, and as a happy side effect increase what coaches make.

The other side of that is maybe the Red Wings know Babcock is going to test the market anyway, so they'd rather he do it while he is still under contract to them so they can match the best offer if they want before he hits the open market.

I have not had NYC corned beef and pastrami but it is now my mission if that is the Hasek to Montreal Smoked Meat's Pominville.  Bold statement there cotton.

Never had Montreal smoked meat, but nyc pastrami is something else.

Well, my number 2 is gone (I think Edmonton was smart to target him from the get go rather than wait on and bid for Babcock). Now I hope we get Babcock even more. If not, I think Blashill has moved up to my #2 spot.

If Babcock leaves Detroit and doesn't choose Buffalo we have no shot at Blashill. They're not letting other teams speak to him right now.

I think it'll be Richardson if McLellan chooses Edmonton and we don't get Babs.

If Babcock leaves Detroit and doesn't choose Buffalo we have no shot at Blashill. They're not letting other teams speak to him right now.

I think it'll be Richardson if McLellan chooses Edmonton and we don't get Babs.

I should have been more clear: in the Blashill scenario I was assuming Babcock stays in Detroit, which I think is the most likely outcome if he doesn't come here.

I should have been more clear: in the Blashill scenario I was assuming Babcock stays in Detroit, which I think is the most likely outcome if he doesn't come here.

Yes.  If McLellan goes to Edmonton, we are arguably the next best landing spot in the league for Babcock.  If he doesn't come here, it will be because he stayed home in Detroit.

I don't think Babcock is going to stay in Detroit.  I think it's Buffalo or Philly.

Nick Kypreos was on Hockey Hotline this morning and mentioned Holland is not placing as much emphasis on the Two Gold Medals as Babcock would like during contract negotiations. I get the impression he believes Babcock will be moving on.

Never had Montreal smoked meat, but nyc pastrami is something else.

It's really not so much different from pastrami anywhere else.  It's ###### pastrami.  I've been to three NYC "you just HAVE to go there" delis, and it's the same stuff I'd get at Tops--TOPS, not even Wegmans--but piled about five inches high on inferior bread.  I don't need five inches of meat (insert joke here) and I don't need a pickle that's better than the sandwich. 

What the NYC Jewish delis do that no one else does really comes down to bagels w/ lox (do not even try to tell me that Bagel Jay's is the same) and knishes.  And if you're fortunate enough to go to a Toronto Jewish deli, the kishkas.  (I hope I spelled that correctly.)

Edited by Eleven

It's really not so much different from pastrami anywhere else.  It's ###### pastrami.  I've been to three NYC "you just HAVE to go there" delis, and it's the same stuff I'd get at Tops--TOPS, not even Wegmans--but piled about five inches high on inferior bread.  I don't need five inches of meat (Although I think 5inches is the national average) and I don't need a pickle that's better than the sandwich. 

What the NYC Jewish delis do that no one else does really comes down to bagels w/ lox (do not even try to tell me that Bagel Jay's is the same) and knishes.  And if you're fortunate enough to go to a Toronto Jewish deli, the kishkas.  (I hope I spelled that correctly.)

Yea, I have had NYC pastrami on Rye and on Sourdough and it's good but it is kind of like wings.... I don't have to be in Buffalo to get good wings.

Now great Pizza apparently is ###### impossible down here.  

Edited by LGR4GM

Yea, I have had NYC pastrami on Rye and on Sourdough and it's good but it is kind of like wings.... I don't have to be in Buffalo to get good wings.

Now great Pizza apparently is ###### impossible down here.  

Mrs. Bottle and I ate pizza like 3 times a week for six months when we moved back to Upstate NY. Even in Cincinnati, you're too far south for pizza.