GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Bucky was right in one way: the discord is because we're losing.  I have followed the Sabres since their inception and Buffalo fans always demonstrate rabid support of the team when they win.  We are CRAZY GOOD fans when the team has talent and demonstrates effort... and makes the playoffs.  

Traditionally, in down years, we understand some re-tooling is needed, but the expectation is that we're back on a playoff ride in short order.  This situation is different.

From the moment Ryan Miller was crushed by Lucic, the house of cards came down.  Darcy's version of a core-less, near spineless "team" was revealed for all to see.  I advocated then and advocate today the need to strip it all down and start over.  Finish the tank.  Get the pick.  And then WIN.

The love-fest of being a rabid Sabres fans gets re-ignited when we are competitive and make the playoffs again.

Same here, while they def had some talent they most certainly lacked in character or sandpaper. There was no real leadership or someone willing to step up on the ice, 

It gets worse for Bucky, a listener emailed one of his GM for a day columns from a few years back where he lambasted DR for not doing enough to ensure a finish at the bottom of the standings and with a better draft pick.

buckys cornerstone of wisdom shifts daily with the winds of public opinion as he embodies weakness to guide those adrift truly onto the rocks...

The Sabres organization deserved a kick in the a** from the fans last night. They've been cheating the fans out of their $ the last two years and yet the fans have showed up. This represented to me a revolt of sorts. The only thing I regret that our bass-ackwards development systems puts players on the ice who are too young and they had to experience the fan reaction. This might have made a very bad impression on the younger developing players like Zadorov, Grigo, Risto, Larsson etc. This is not what it's all about. On another note I think Hackett is toast as a Sabre.

The fans cheering for the Coyotes last night were actually cheering for the future of the Sabres. They were not trying to show up the organization - in actuality they were applauding managements ability to stick with and complete the task at hand. The Sabres haven't cheated the fans out of anything - they were told going into this what to expect. Id say the year after year after year of mediocrity was a way bigger scam. And all those kids you are so worried about will benefit directly from the "tank" as they will soon have world class teammates.

Apples and oranges? I know Bucky took a very hard-line, nevernevernever stance on the issue. But making some managerial decisions to "tank" at the end of a season that began with playoff aspirations is a whole different animal than what Regier started and Murray is finishing, innit?

Which is why next year could also be very interesting.

Play off aspirations? haha thats the funniest thing I've read in ages.

perfect... just do it in a humble fashion so we dont wake our sh!t team up the last 8 games and have to endure another year of this crap... 

I thought they've been playing hard and trying all season.  You mean they have more to give?

Apples and oranges? I know Bucky took a very hard-line, nevernevernever stance on the issue. But making some managerial decisions to "tank" at the end of a season that began with playoff aspirations is a whole different animal than what Regier started and Murray is finishing, innit?

I'm confused by your ambiguous antecedents there.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I'd hate to play Twister against you. You're quite the contortionist.

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

I'd hate to play Twister against you. You'are quite the contortionist.

Also, I swore off anti-perspirant in '86. Aluminum.

I'm confused by your ambiguous antecedents there.

Oh, I'm all man, sailor.

Play off aspirations? haha thats the funniest thing I've read in ages.

Not this year, the year Bucky criticized Darcy for not tanking at the end. 2009? 2012?

Which is why next year could also be very interesting.

Only a fool would conduct a tank the way you just suggested.  The best things in life are hard earned not half assed.

Howard's rant was fantastic. Really well done and it got every single point down on why this is a necessary evil. Telling a group of people their values are compromised because of how they cheer at a sporting event is foolish and weak. Bucky just wants to look like the ass with great morals just because there is a lot of national media picking on Buffalo fans today... Yet he has been pro-tank in the past.

I've spoken with Peters on numerous occasions over the course of this season about the tank, and he is obviously very anti-tank as a former player. His opinion isn't any deeper than the basic 'you should always give your best effort to win as a player and a decision maker in professional sports.'

And correct me if I am wrong, their coach has preached all year about he has had"passengers" , even said post game last night he had some guys who were not "ready to

Play".

Lost in all this big picture discussion, it looked like Cody Hodgson apparently wasn't one of them.

After Ennis went down it looked like coy  played on the second line until the bitter end. 

Sure it was only 11:09 ice time, but it was more than Dalpe, Varone and Kaleta and almost as much as Desauriers.

(Of course Teddy might have been referring to Nikita — 9:46)

Only a fool would conduct a tank the way you just suggested.  The best things in life are hard earned not half assed.

GMs of preseason playoff favorites make moves that hurt their teams in the short term all the time at the trade deadline and beyond.

I posted it last night on WGR's Facebook link to Paul Hamilton's article. I see that someone posted it again on another WGR photo this morning.

Dude, that went viral. I think it's the strongest rebuttal for Weber's boo-hoo that I've seen. It makes Buffalo fans look passionate yet intelligent.

The more sophisticated response was to stay quiet and leave the game with a smile on my face.

Good for you. But if all the fans had done that the Sabres would have played to an empty arena which would have sent a worse message.

What did I do?

Apparently it wasn't you. Someone quoted Assquatch's post onto Facebook, identified as a Sabres fan in Nashville.

The level of acrimony will dwindle for sure but the tank vs. Anti tank will always lurk below the surface.

Next year, people calling out others for being tankers or anti-tankers will be roundly ostracized. What happens in 2014-2015, stays in 2014-2015.

Our fans are passionate. We have a terrible team. What other team's fans have embraced losing and a rebuild like us with such enthusiasm? Those fans last night were at least educated fans having a good time while watching weber be a bad hockey player. The reason a drastic rebuild is an option for Buffalo is because our fans can tolerate it.

If he didn't like what happened, then the alternative was to boo him for being such a dumbass

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

Lost in all this big picture discussion, it looked like Cody Hodgson apparently wasn't one of them.

After Ennis went down it looked like coy  played on the second line until the bitter end. 

Sure it was only 11:09 ice time, but it was more than Dalpe, Varone and Kaleta and almost as much as Desauriers.

(Of course Teddy might have been referring to Nikita — 9:46)

I thought CoHo was looking really good in the final 10 minutes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.