GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

also, the irony of weber complaining is great.  That dumbass fringe nhl player took the penalty in the closing seconds of the 3rd period.  The sabres are historically bad because of bad players and incompetent play.  If the sabres didn't have this environment, some of them would have never even got to play in the nhl

Just the ownership issues. I feel this is worse than the other two.

We were *actually* the laughing stocks of the nhl after the lucic incident.  We are largely irrelevant right now.  I don't know how you can be more embarrassed right now (a terrible bad team with only a few weeks left) compared ot watching our goalie get destroyed and no one answer.  It was pathetic.

SabresBuzz ‏@SabresBuzz 9m9 minutes ago

Kaleta: "I play for the fans who root for us and the little kids who come to the game & root for the Buffalo Sabres. Thats who I play for"

I always root for the players but just not for the team right now. Patty is one of the good guys and his response is perfect. Understand Weber's frustration just a dollar late...

We were *actually* the laughing stocks of the nhl after the lucic incident. We are largely irrelevant right now. I don't know how you can be more embarrassed right now (a terrible bad team with only a few weeks left) compared ot watching our goalie get destroyed and no one answer. It was pathetic.

. Agree Lucic was worse and the response was the problem, this tanking is part of the solution and the fans know it. Edited by Fargenov Iceholeski

It's the quietest barn in the league and has been for years. If they were sophisticated they'd make some noise once in a while at games.

It's sad that the most raucous cheer went up with the Arizona goal in overtime.

No that was a sophisticated cheer.... You may not like it, but you should understand it and if you don't are really a Sabre fan?

ame="Dmitri Muscolococzek" post="670918" timestamp="1427423763"]

No that was a sophisticated cheer.... You may not like it, but you should understand it and if you don't are really a Sabre fan?

The more sophisticated response was to stay quiet and leave the game with a smile on my face.

Screw you ######.

I saw that - you were never on it.

Weber pissed about crowd reaction

The Sabres didn't like the fans reactions? Guess what fellas. You know how every time one of you jumps from one team to the next because your new team could pay a little more and you claim "it's not personal, it's just the business side of hockey"? This is the fan version of that. Deal with it.

Guys/Gals, 

The fans are in a very tough spot. Clearly a real fan doesn't want their team to lose, EVER. But the circumstances are very odd this season. 

The team is working hard but they aren't very good. We get that. I watched part of the third period and the Sabres looked to be trying their best to me. They nearly won the game in regulation if not for some great saves by Smith. But everyone knows that not finishing last THIS YEAR, isn't a good thing for THIS SABRES' team. They need to finish last to get one of two generational players. Fans have supported the team with sell out after sell out and having one weird night where the best thing for the organization was a loss, it's tough to complain about fans wanting that outcome. 

Should fans cheer the opposition win? Of course not, but they pay their money and will continue when next year's team starts its climb up to respectability again.

I've been impressed with the team's effort of late and while I want them to lose entertaining one goal games, it's a testament to the professionalism of the players to play hard each night.

The season is nearly over and the players who are keepers have gained some much needed experience and we all know the future is very bright. I hope we don't go through another season like this again, but to say they haven't worked hard and tried would be a lie. I think other teams in the league have done a much less transparent job of tanking than our team. See Leafs!

Let's hope this doesn't end with us not getting the 100% chance of getting either CMcD or JE.

The "idiots" are the Sabres fans that find it necessary to cheer an opposing teams goals. We all get it that it's beneficial for the Sabres to finish last, but why not just be quiet instead of disrespecting every player out there in the Blue & Gold.

I imagine the same crowd that will boo our own. Last home game ought to be interesting as the players salute the fans by pitchforking their sticks into the crowd lol. Oh, I still want one!

I saw that - you were never on it.

The Sabres didn't like the fans reactions? Guess what fellas. You know how every time one of you jumps from one team to the next because your new team could pay a little more and you claim "it's not personal, it's just the business side of hockey"? This is the fan version of that. Deal with it.

I was just jerking your chain. And your response to Weber is interesting. Never thought of it that way.

Absolutely.

We are Sabres fans (or whatever fans) for life, essentially.  These guys are Sabres until the next big contract comes along or their career fizzles.  There is so much overhead attached to this tank, and these games do not occur in a vacuum.  Be a big boy, Weber, and suck it up.  If I feel like pretending everything is rainbows and unicorns with sports, I have my son's soccer league for that.

Edited by SiZzlEmIsTEr

if any of you are anywhere near embarrassed now compared to then, then I don't know what to say.  And this rebuild got rid of that core of useless players.  

Rooting for the sabres to lose and doing it in the stadium are two different things

NOTHING comes close to the embarrassment I felt as a fan than that travesty against the Bruins. I was for blowing it all up from that moment on. That team was an utter disgrace to the game, the city, and themselves. And they knew it. 

Hey Weber, phuck you! Try sucking less for an entire season. 

GO SABRES!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.