GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Not to the players. Any player that would think otherwise has no business in the League.

The point is about the franchise, though, not the players. If this team were made up of more guys that will likely be part of the solution then a few more wins might help long term but that's not the case.

Thanks for agreeing. Apart from the players' egos, winning serves no purpose right now.

Not "ego", a base principle this franchise can not afford to do without, no matter if they are 30th or 1st in the League. "Fans" shouldn't be getting on Mike Weber for standing up and showing he cares. "Fans" should be on any player that didn't.

Not "ego", a base principle this franchise can not afford to do without, no matter if they are 30th or 1st in the League. "Fans" shouldn't be getting on Mike Weber for standing up and showing he cares. "Fans" should be on any player that didn't.

Agreed. You can question almost any part of Webers game but you can't question his heart.

NOTHING comes close to the embarrassment I felt as a fan than that travesty against the Bruins. I was for blowing it all up from that moment on. That team was an utter disgrace to the game, the city, and themselves. And they knew it. 

Hey Weber, phuck you! Try sucking less for an entire season. 

GO SABRES!!!

This was the soft useless squad of finesse players that the "Hockey genius" Regier built, with aid and advice from Lindy Ruff.  What an absolute joke that guy was as GM for all those years.   And what sort of head coach doesn't insist on some sort of retaliation for that Lucic hit?   Just shows how soft and burned out Ruff was/is  

Further to Mr. 67's remarks:

Mike Weber is my favorite bad player and his comment the other night is only one of the reasons why.

I get that he's a 7th defenseman.  I also get that he has anyone and everyone's back.  

If you like Kaleta, you've gotta like this guy twice as much, IMO.  (And didn't Kaleta make similar remarks?)

BTW, I don't see either of them as part of a championship team (skill matters), but if I were a teammate, I'd be thankful that they were there with me.

Edited by Eleven

What about a lottery, but only for the bottom three teams? 1/3, 1/3, 1/3? You'd have little reason to tank "every point, all season long" and no reason at all among the really bad. I guess you could have the 4 and 5 teams trying to tank to 3, but I don't see that as a season long commitment for a 33% shot. Just thinkin' out loud ....

I believe that putting everyone in the lottery was designed to create a television event and not to maintain competitive balance. It made "securing 30" critical. Did it magnify tanking?

Interesting thought. The idea of drafting players, was and always will be about competitive balance. Without it most leagues couldn't survive. The big market big money organizations would get the majority of the top players year after year while the other teams effectively become the Washington Generals. A draft order to allow the worst teams an avenue to improve is in the leagues best interest. If this is morality play, then eliminate the draft altogether along with the salary cap. The league would be a historical footnote in 5 years. The cap and the draft are governors on the stupidity and shortsightedness of owners. They know it. Edited by 3putt

Interesting thought. The idea of drafting players, was and always will be about competitive balance. Without it most leagues couldn't survive. The big market big money organizations would get the majority of the top players year after year while the other teams effectively become the Washington Generals. A draft order to allow the worst teams an avenue to improve is in the leagues best interest. If this is morality play, then eliminate the draft altogether along with the salary cap. The league would be a historical footnote in 5 years. The cap and the draft are governors on the stupidity and shortsightedness of owners. They know it.

This sentence should be in the banner on every hockey site.

What about a lottery, but only for the bottom three teams? 1/3, 1/3, 1/3? You'd have little reason to tank "every point, all season long" and no reason at all among the really bad. I guess you could have the 4 and 5 teams trying to tank to 3, but I don't see that as a season long commitment for a 33% shot. Just thinkin' out loud ....

I believe that putting everyone in the lottery was designed to create a television event and not to maintain competitive balance. It made "securing 30" critical. Did it magnify tanking?

Bottom 5 only in the lottery.  Equal odds.  You only get to improve your draft position once every 5 years.

With both of these, you'd just end up moving the tank around. Whatever number of teams are in the lottery, especially if the lottery is a somewhat significant chance of winning, there will be teams just outside that group considering selling off assets to get in. The graduated system where you only have a 1-2% if you're on the high end of the "club" is the only way it discourages dropping to get in.

Edited by Met'yuPirog

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.