GDT Coyotes at Sabres 3-26-2015 7PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Here we go. The Yotes coming off an upset win of the Wings come to the FNC tonight for a tilt against the Sabres. The atmosphere at the FNC should be interesting to say the least.

I didn't see the GDT started a few days ago, Mods please delete this one if necessary.

McEichel or no McEichel tonight will mark the low point in team history when an arena full of Sabres will be rooting for the other team to win.

We have come this far and, obviously, need to see it through but this entire two years of blatant tanking has been rotten to the core.

IMO, the two worse decisions in team history were Pegula listening and accepting DR's "suffering" plan and then the second was hiring Murray and making him continue with the plan.

Had Pegula put forth the effort to hire quality coaches, wine and dine free agents, and make a general conscious effort to be a proud franchise like he is with his football team this pathetic game would be a blip on the radar. Instead, we all will be rooting against our team. Sad day to say the least. Glad you are living and learning at the expense of all of us Sabres fans Terry. I pray to God this "plan" works out.

McEichel or no McEichel tonight will mark the low point in team history when an arena full of Sabres will be rooting for the other team to win.

We have come this far and, obviously, need to see it through but this entire two years of blatant tanking has been rotten to the core.

IMO, the two worse decisions in team history were Pegula listening and accepting DR's "suffering" plan and then the second was hiring Murray and making him continue with the plan.

Had Pegula put forth the effort to hire quality coaches, wine and dine free agents, and make a general conscious effort to be a proud franchise like he is with his football team this pathetic game would be a blip on the radar. Instead, we all will be rooting against our team. Sad day to say the least. Glad you are living and learning at the expense of all of us Sabres fans Terry. I pray to God this "plan" works out.

I don't think I've disagreed with a post more...

Let's get this over with.

Edited by Tank

I couldn't possibly go to this game in person.  It's an extension of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule.  Very few of these players are guaranteed a spot with the team in the long-run, so cheering against them in person wouldn't be fair.  Most fan who actually go, likewise, probably won't boo them or cheer for the Coyotes, so I don't expect a lot of that, but I imagine that there will be a larger-than-normal number of empty seats. 

Edited by carpandean

I meant the "what free agents" part but didn't want to make it seem like there was one thing I disagreed with because there was a lot more to it than that.

I know, we just didn't need this entire argument all over again in yet another thread.

I don't think I've disagreed with a post more...

Let's get this over with.

I didn't expect you to agree with it and don't honestly care if you do. It is how I feel. It is MY OPINION. Not all of us feel that this is the route we had to go. We have gone over that countless times. Edited by sicknfla

I didn't expect you to agree with it and don't honestly care if you do. It is how I feel. It is MY OPINION. Not all of us feel that this is the route we had to go. We have gone over that countless times.

Well, at least you have your delicious superiority and your Tampa Bay Lightning ticket stubs to get you through...

Well, at least you have your delicious superiority and your Tampa Bay Lightning ticket stubs to get you through...

"Delicious superiority" - funny. Some of you make that easy. :). As for Lightning stubs - yes the Lightning are a nice option to have when I want to watch real hockey games.

The only thing I could disagree more with is that it should have been done A LOT sooner.

I couldn't possibly go to this game in person.  It's an extension of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule.  Very few of these players are guaranteed a spot with the team in the long-run, so cheering against them in person wouldn't be fair.  Most fan who actually go, likewise, probably won't boo them or cheer for the Coyotes, so I don't expect a lot of that, but I imagine that there will be a larger-than-normal number of empty seats. 

I have tickets and chose not to go for the same reason. I will be going out for the first time this year to watch the game at a watering hole so I can cheer without feeling guilty (and join others who feel the same.)

working great for the Wild innit?

I couldn't possibly go to this game in person. It's an extension of the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule. Very few of these players are guaranteed a spot with the team in the long-run, so cheering against them in person wouldn't be fair. Most fan who actually go, likewise, probably won't boo them or cheer for the Coyotes, so I don't expect a lot of that, but I imagine that there will be a larger-than-normal number of empty seats.

Yee of too much faith.

working great for the Wild innit?

Noticed you didn't mention the Rangers or Habs. Hmm?

That's the one thing great about this season, anyone can cherry pick whatever they want and find a way to be angry, myself included. :lol:

Coyotes -115 favorites on the ML.  The Sabres have yet to be favored in a single game by Vegas all damn year.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1862433

Well done GDT on the yotes board even though I disagree with much of the "analysis".  My favorite:

8. WORST VERSION OF TIM KENNEDY ONCE EMPLOYED
"We Need A Warm Body To Put On Hanzal's Line" vs "This 23 Year Old Is Tearing Up The AHL"
ADV ARZ ... 4-4

Yep, we're here.  Now let's take care of the business at hand and be done with it.

Done with it? Yeah, until we wake up for many years drenched in sweat, little devil faces coming toward us, then retreating, coming back, feeling like fire ants are on our ballsacks. A price has to be paid for this, even if it's living with, "You tanked for McDavid. Nice Cup, douchenozzles." That is, the same treatment most of us give the Pens.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

Done with it? Yeah, until we wake up for many years drenched in sweat, little devil faces coming toward us, then retreating, coming back, feeling like fire ants are on our ballsacks. A price has to be paid for this, even if it's living with, "You tanked for McDavid. Nice Cup, douchenozzles." That is, the same treatment most of us give the Pens.

I don't think they care. We won't either. I know I won't.

Guys I think I might skip this one. Two basement dwellers with nothing to play for is going to make for a really sloppy, ugly game. At this point in the year, who cares who wins this one, as neither team has anything to play for.

Plus there is college basketball and re-runs of West Wing on today instead. That's can't miss tv right there.

(:nana:)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.