Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

This just occurred to me: Murray did his homework to make sure Bogosian wasn't one of the Jets who had an issue with Kane, right?

"Team of Rivals" worked for Lincoln. I don't understand the idea that teams have to be full of guys who get along and that all of your players have to be politically-correct team players. Bring on the Bickering Sabres. It would be a huge breath of fresh air over the pablum we've had over there for years.

"Team of Rivals" worked for Lincoln. I don't understand the idea that teams have to be full of guys who get along and that all of your players have to be politically-correct team players. Bring on the Bickering Sabres. It would be a huge breath of fresh air over the pablum we've had over there for years.

Incognito?

Shut up.

No you shut up.

Not Happy about Lemieux going the other way. I much would have rather just given Armia. We get an unsigned Goalie in return? Not sure we get the better of this deal. Especially with Kane out for the year.

I wish they would stop using the term "unsigned goalie". He's playing in college, so of course he's unsigned. If he was signed, he wouldn't be NCAA eligible. That term makes it sound like a guy who was about to walk and the team would lose his rights. That's not the case here. If they want him, they still have one more year to evaluate.

Get a 1st for Stewart (i think ultimately they will) and bring him back this summer. Draft McEichel and two more in the first plus two seconds and Lemieux and Armia are long forgotten.

Stings a little today but I am on board.

I'll say NFW on getting a first for Stewart and highly unlikely on bringing him back.

Wanted Kasdorf because he's a big goalie and put up great freshman year numbers; can't have enough goalie prospects in the pipeline.

He's RPI's starter right now. Looked like a guy they could ride through the playoffs as a freshman, but his defense (and offense for that matter) didn't help him. He was injured for most of last season and while his record is mediocre this year, his numbers aren't bad for a team that doesn't score - 2.5 GAA and .907 save %.

Yes, they could be better, but as Eleven said...can't have enough goalies in the pipeline.

The way WGR and Hockey Central talk about Kane, if we put him with McEichel/Reinhart and they pan out how they're supposed to, he could by a 40+ goal scorer. And that's with the physicality our last 40 goal scorer never brought

Who is the last player that we had that excels in so many areas of the game as Kane?

Similar styles of play or just overall versatility? 

Edited by WildCard

Get a 1st for Stewart (i think ultimately they will) and bring him back this summer. Draft McEichel and two more in the first plus two seconds and Lemieux and Armia are long forgotten.

Stings a little today but I am on board.

I don't think they get a first for Stewart, probably a second. I also don't think they use all the picks they have or accumulate. I think a trade or two will happen at the draft for NHL starters of cap teams.

I'm thinking Bickell from Chicago or Connolly from Tampa.