Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Kane will not work. In Buffalo . Like most kids today he is a

narcissist. He does not have the patience to wait 5-7 more years to become competitive. Its a world of instant gratification to them.

I'm worried that is true.. He was loved his first year in win and then .. .. Same with bogosian . I don't like coin flips .. I have no problem other than he paid a player and a pick too much.. As I hear the buy it now theory..

Do it. I just read Kane has an ego and is a non conformist. Perfect. I am sick of boring guys blathering on as good teammates. Shake it up GMTM!

I was actually looking forward to seeing Lemieux the Blue & Gold.

That said I think the trade is overall a good one.  I didn't want to see Myers go but I'm not surprised.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

Kane is a talent but not for Buffalo.  Traded for a head ache.  He gets healthy trade and get bodies.  Bogosian for Myers is equal.  The rest for Kane was too much.  Stafford had to go because he had hit his limit but a 1st, Armia and Lemieux?  This has the potential to blow up in Murray's face.

Kane is a talent but not for Buffalo.  Traded for a head ache.  He gets healthy trade and get bodies.  Bogosian for Myers is equal.  The rest for Kane was too much.  Stafford had to go because he had hit his limit but a 1st, Armia and Lemieux?  This has the potential to blow up in Murray's face.

What does that mean?

To be honest, this sentimentality just bugs the ####ing sh#t out of me.  I loved Lemieux being drafted, and I liked Armia's upside, but knowing that a player at 23 won't work in a market is asinine.  Go drink a beer and chill the #### out.  It is a big trade, and that's all we can talk about.  Prospects are prospects.  They're great to follow and grow up with, but this teams current roster is pitiful.  I am a "Tankist", but it's not as if Kane is but 2-2 1/2 years older than Armia.  There are schmucks in every locker room. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

We gave up an NHL defenseman (who I think is overrated) and a rental plus three unproven prospects for two established NHL players (both former top-5 picks).  We know Kane and Bogosian can play in the league.  The other pieces (Armia, Lemieux, late 1st) are just gambles of futures.

I don't think it is that much of an overpayment, personally.

^This. As far as Armia, Lemiuex (sp?), and the late 1st go, we won't know anything about their value in this trade for a while yet. As far as the known quantities, we got the best player in this trade, and another that brings a more consistent defensive game to the mix. In terms of pure CURRENT and PROVEN NHL talent, Murray got the better end of the deal. Don't see how anyone can disagree with that aspect of the deal.  

GO SABRES!!!

Wow! What a trade. I thought Tim Murray gave up way too much when he acquired Hudson Fasching from LA. This trade blows that one out of the water. Murray seems to be determined to empty the cupboard full of assets as soon as possible!  I believe Winnipeg got the best of this deal by a large margin. If you consider Myers for Bogosian is roughly equal, then he gave up a ton for an injured disgruntled Kane. Seriously, Murray must believe Armia was never going to produce in the NHL. The addition of Lemieux and a 1st round pick just seems way too much. 

What will Murray do when he doesn't have a stockpile of assets to trade away on the cheap? I sure hope the Sabres get McDavid now more than ever. They are going to need him. How many more picks and prospects will Murray deal away? I'm worried and question his judgment going forward. 

On the bright side, he got rid of Stafford. Now if he can unload Hogdson for a decent return, I'll be more encouraged.

You need to check that cupboard. It's far from empty. 

GO SABRES!!!

Now that this is settling in, I think the Sabres gave up one too many assets.

Either Lemieux, Armia or the first should have been held back.

Given the cautious nature of Chevy, Murray may have needed to overpay to make the deal.

Time will tell if he took advantage of Murray being overbold.

But I am happy to see progress and will forgive an overpayment if Kane can put up 30-plus a year here.

This is the exact opposite of how I feel. How many more picks and prospects do you want? We all knew that eventually the scales were going to shift and we would start to get some actual NHL players.

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade.

Me too.  We have so many propects and picks, I don't mind parting with a few.  These guys were very high picks who have been playing in the NHL since their teens.  Tremendous upside as they are still quite young.  Need exactly these kind of guys to speed up a rebuild.

Now that this is settling in, I think the Sabres gave up one too many assets.

Either Lemieux, Armia or the first should have been held back.

Given the cautious nature of Chevy, Murray may have needed to overpay to make the deal.

Time will tell if he took advantage of Murray being overbold.

But I am happy to see progress and will forgive an overpayment if Kane can put up 30-plus a year here.

I can understand in the sense that Kane is injured.  Either Armia or Lemieux most likely.

Edited by TheCerebral1

I think most can agree that if Kane grows up and matures that this is a great trade, if Kane keeps up with his attitude then it was a bad trade. Can we all just agree that this is going to come down to Kane's ability to grow up?

Sure, it's a gamble, but a reasonable one.  It it also a gamble for the Jets that Armia or Lemieux will pan out, or the low #1.   If all the pieces work out for both sides, it will be a win-win trade.