Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Toronto 590 The Fan will have Winnipeg presser at 1pm if you want their take. Myers and Stafford flying to Nashville for Thurs game.

This is going to be a weird experience for me.  Go Preds!

Per WGR:  Murray always had an interest in Kane and Bogosian.

Reinhart, Zadorov, Risto, and Foligno were off limits per GMTM.  Interesting.

Edited by Potato

No defense depth before their playoff run cost them the conference series vs Carolina, and probably the Stanley Cup.

You're crazy if you'd rather have Darcy still running the team. He would never make this bold trade, he overvalued his own picks.

Not saying I want Darcy back. Just saying that Darcy won more trades. We paid a freakin' fortune. Might be worth it but it's a huge gamble IMO.

This is going to be a weird experience for me.  Go Preds!

Per WGR:  Murray always had an interest in Kane and Bogosian.

Reinhart, Zadorov, Risto, and Foligno were off limits per GMTM.  Interesting.

Very interesting IMO.  Says about what this team will be going forward in some cases. Size grit etcetera.  

Paraphrasing:  It was hard to part with Armia even though he's not "my" guy.  To make a deal, have to ship out some guys you don't want to, or else you don't make the trade.  Very tough to part with the prospects.

Myers was part of the trade right off the bat.  Took a lot of calls on Myers, but never thought of trading him until this deal was available.  Never thought he'd be able to trade him because of what he was asking for.

Had a short conversation w/ Kane welcoming him to the organization. Kane showed excitement.  Wants to play a big role on a competitive hockey team.

Has had a couple of calls on Stewart and Enroth.  Can't say anything is going to happen because he doesn't know.

Wanted Kasdorf because he's a big goalie and put up great freshman year numbers; can't have enough goalie prospects in the pipeline.

WPG GM calls him, says I have Kane, what're you interested in. Murray says Bogosian, then he has to give WPG gm a list of untouchables, of which he said are:

Reinhart, Zadorov, Risotlainen, and Foligno

Wow very interesting thanks.

Listening now and Tm describes the new goalie as a big as one of his first comments. Just another sign that I don't think enroth will be back and I hope they move him soon.

What on earth does he see in Foligno? I'd trade him in a heart beat.

I think Murray wants a heavy, physical team.  Bogosian fits that, as does Evander Kane.  I actually think Murray will try to bring back Stewart in the off season.  Stewart knows Kane (his brother was Kane's teammate in Atlanta).

Will you ever stop acting like a crazy teenage girl on days like this?

lol

I like this trade. Bogo, risto, zadorov, reinhart, kane, girgs, and our top pick this year is a nice start to a rebuild.

kane rehabs this year and tank on. Only thing I didn't like was lemeiux leaving but oh well

Murray wanted Kane since his days in Ottawa, told the WPG GM that if you ever get rid of him, I better be your first call.

Well, that explains a lot. I think that comment, coupled with the price he paid, shows you exactly what kind of player/team Murray wants, and it couldn't be any more different than Regier's 

Edited by WildCard

Murray wanted Kane sense his days in Ottawa, told the WPG GM that if you ever get rid of him, I better be your first call.

Well, that explains a lot. I think that comment, coupled with the price he paid, shows you exactly what kind of player/team Murray wants, and it couldn't be any more different than Regier's

Good points. It's unreal how differently Murray values some attributes in comparison to Darcy.

marcus was playing well before his injury and since.

But not parting with him to get Kane? That was interesting.

Almost as interesting as not including Zemgus on his list.

I think the players he mentioned might have just been the ones the WPG gm asked about...hopefully at least. If he trades Girgs.....