Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

<p>

For the "Can't believe we gave up Lemieux" camp:

AJ Jakubec @AJonSports

Not surprised to see Brendan Lemieux involved in Kane/Myers blockbuster. His agent (Claude) told the Sabres Brendan wasn't signing in BUF.

Yuri's bringin it.

Agree.

A second round pick who projects as a 3rd liner refusing to sign...what in the world? Not to go all Drane on everybody, but that seems like a deliberate leak to placate the masses.

Not surprised to see Brendan Lemieux involved in Kane/Myers blockbuster. His agent (Claude) told the Sabres Brendan wasn't signing in BUF.

Glad we got rid of him then.  2nd rounder refuses to sign with the NHL team that drafted him, what a joke.

These are for you, Brendan

DoubleDeuceStrongBad.png

Though the main piece was Myers for Kane, looking at Bogosian - Myers, if both remain at their current level it's a wash. Bogosian is a top 4 guy, Myers COULD become elite though many here doubt it. I'd put his ceiling at a 2. He could / should be the better player, but it's a wash now and having a true top 4 coming back to go w/ Gorges helps.

Kane, when on and healthy, is very much the sort of player the Murray covets. Getting him and a die roll at a goalie for a rental and 3 prospects doesn't sound like too much of an overpayment and isn't IF he's what Murray expects him to be.

Murray is clearly willing to give up a bit more in sum to end up w/ who he views as the best player getting moved (e.g. Fasching). The mid-level guys are easily replaceable. So, I'm good w/ the philosophy of giving up a bit too much to get the prize. (The risk of the deal is whether Kane ends up the best piece or does Myers?)

If Kane's the best piece, it's a great deal. If Myers ends up the best, it's at best a wash and probably bad.

Not happy w/ giving up Myers, but getting Bogosian back and Kane not hurting the drive for 30 this season puts me on board w/ it.

Also, Murray is on record as saying he and the scouts think they've got a pretty good idea on which prospects will pan out; so it's not surprising that more prospects went out than came back. (That wasn't an editorial on whether he thinks Armia & Lemieux will bust or not, but he probably expects at least 1's ceiling to be fairly low.)

Wow! What a trade. I thought Tim Murray gave up way too much when he acquired Hudson Fasching from LA. This trade blows that one out of the water. Murray seems to be determined to empty the cupboard full of assets as soon as possible!  I believe Winnipeg got the best of this deal by a large margin. If you consider Myers for Bogosian is roughly equal, then he gave up a ton for an injured disgruntled Kane. Seriously, Murray must believe Armia was never going to produce in the NHL. The addition of Lemieux and a 1st round pick just seems way too much. 

What will Murray do when he doesn't have a stockpile of assets to trade away on the cheap? I sure hope the Sabres get McDavid now more than ever. They are going to need him. How many more picks and prospects will Murray deal away? I'm worried and question his judgment going forward. 

On the bright side, he got rid of Stafford. Now if he can unload Hogdson for a decent return, I'll be more encouraged.

•  

Yuri's bringin it.

Agree.

If there's any truth to that, it makes me feel a little better....................................... just a little. 

White's voice is just a hammer to the brain. He needs to slow down.

I hear ya on that. 

Assets: Has superior mobility for a big man, and he likes to rush the puck up ice. Owns a heavy shot from the point and sound offensive ability. Is aggressive and capable of shutting down opposing forwards, as well as play big minutes. Flaws: Needs to pick his spots better when going for hits and generally play with more discipline in the defensive zone. Is still a little raw in all aspects of the game. Expectations are high, but can he meet them? Injuries are also an issue. Career Potential: Talented all-around defenseman with good upside.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?6587

Wow! What a trade. I thought Tim Murray gave up way too much when he acquired Hudson Fasching from LA. This trade blows that one out of the water. Murray seems to be determined to empty the cupboard full of assets as soon as possible!  I believe Winnipeg got the best of this deal by a large margin. If you consider Myers for Bogosian is roughly equal, then he gave up a ton for an injured disgruntled Kane. Seriously, Murray must believe Armia was never going to produce in the NHL. The addition of Lemieux and a 1st round pick just seems way too much. 

What will Murray do when he doesn't have a stockpile of assets to trade away on the cheap? I sure hope the Sabres get McDavid now more than ever. They are going to need him. How many more picks and prospects will Murray deal away? I'm worried and question his judgment going forward. 

On the bright side, he got rid of Stafford. Now if he can unload Hogdson for a decent return, I'll be more encouraged.

as many as needed to turn this team around. Today was the start.

For anyone who believes that tweet, I have a bridge which you should consider buying.

Where? I've been looking for a good bridge for a while now.

This is the exact opposite of how I feel. How many more picks and prospects do you want? We all knew that eventually the scales were going to shift and we would start to get some actual NHL players.

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade.

This is the exact opposite of how I feel. How many more picks and prospects do you want? We all knew that eventually the scales were going to shift and we would start to get some actual NHL players.

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade.

I'm slowly coming around, though I'm afraid that's all propaganda and a slight Stockholm's syndrome effect

Good things..

Buffalo not a prejudiced as Winnipeg .. Race probably has something to do with his falling out in peg. Atlanta was a proper fit to give Kane some slack where I imagine he got none up north.

We get two players that will play big minutes next year. Both have a higher possible return than the rest but ..

The team moved from Atlanta and each had good years but are both down and injured the past two years .

Bogosian article.. On usage.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014/5/20/5692634/pilots-logbook-2013-14-winnipeg-jets-zach-bogosian-defense

And we still suck with hope waiting in the wings .

I wish I could play poker with Murray , I wouldn't need to work ... but he gets the more immediate return and if he signs another veteran and if we finish 30th we do get to watch hockey next year for sure. Your season tix stock went up. Both are more of a guarantee than our good maybes.

And..

Winepeg and Buffalo at least don't have to look at their mistakes as they only play each a few times and no news comes out of Midwest canada black hole.

If I wanted to bury a body Winepeg would be high on my list. .. Except maybe Buffalo.

Murray has put a clock on his time in buffalo if kane doesn't work ..and it's at least two years before both armia and Lemieux produce..

An effort to justify paying too much as opposed to not playing at all.

Edited by K8prisoner

Good things..

Buffalo not a prejudiced as Winnipeg .. Race probably has something to do with his falling out in peg. Atlanta was a proper fit to give Kane some slack where I imagine he got none up north.

We get two players that will play big minutes next year. Both have a higher possible return than the rest but ..

The team moved from Atlanta and each had good years but are both down and injured the past two years .

Bogosian article.. On usage.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014/5/20/5692634/pilots-logbook-2013-14-winnipeg-jets-zach-bogosian-defense

And we still suck with hope waiting in the wings .

I wish I could play poker with Murray , I wouldn't need to work ... but he gets the more immediate return and if he signs another veteran and if we finish 30th we do get to watch hockey next year for sure. Your season tix stock went up. Both are more of a guarantee than our good maybes.

And..

Winepeg and Buffalo at least don't have to look at their mistakes as they only play each a few times and no news comes out of Midwest canada black hole.

If I wanted to bury a body Winepeg would be high on my list.

Murray has put a clock on his time in buffalo if kane doesn't work ..and it's at least two years before both armia and Lemieux produce..

Me effort to justify paying too much as opposed to not playing at all.

Kane will not work In Buffalo  .  This city is not big enough for him anymore.  Like most kids today he is a bit of a narcissist.  He does not have the patience to wait 5-7 more years to become a cup threat. Its a world of instant gratification or nothing for them. Not a good  tradeIMO. (and I have never been a Myers fan)

Edited by waldo

The more I've read up on Bogosian, the more the trade makes sense.  Myers and him are almost a wash. Maybe a little more dependable/consistent?  

as others have pointed out, at some point we needed to start moving the prospects and picks for real talent...otherwise we'll never get beyond the title of a potentially good team.  We need developed NHL players to plug in as well.  

I've come around to not minding this trade.  

Good things..

Please, for the love of God, don't start this .   :death:

He got traded because he acted like a douche, hated it there, and got injured, not because of his race. 

The more I've read up on Bogosian, the more the trade makes sense.  Myers and him are almost a wash. Maybe a little more dependable/consistent?  

as others have pointed out, at some point we needed to start moving the prospects and picks for real talent...otherwise we'll never get beyond the title of a potentially good team.  We need developed NHL players to plug in as well.  

I've come around to not minding this trade.  

Myers for Bogo.

Armia, Lameiux and 1st for Kane

Stafford to sweeten the pot

That is the breakdown I heard, and confirms in my mind it is one asset too many. But oh well. I just hope Bogo and Kane get off the injury train

Myers for Bogo.

Armia, Lameiux and 1st for Kane

Stafford to sweeten the pot

That is the breakdown I heard, and confirms in my mind it is one asset too many. But oh well. I just hope Bogo and Kane get off the injury train

Seems about right in my head.  I think it's about right, so long as Kane gets his ass in gear next season.