Sabres player notes 2014-15 (callups, injuries, practice notes)

Hoss

I was pretty tough on Weber last year, but he has been much better this year, IMO — back up to where he was and where he should be.

It's like Ink always says, if you don't ask him to do too much, Weber's a solid NHL bottom-pairing defenceman.

It is great to hear a comment like this. I appreciate your objectivity and open-mindedness. Too often, a player becomes the whipping boy, and then the blinders are up. There is nothing that can change the opinion or perception for that player. I agree with you on Weber.

Right now, a lot of people are down on Hodgson. I hope if he is given another chance with a retooled roster and new coach, that people renew their evaluation of him.

Shaller, Grigs, D'Amigo called up.

Whointhehell is D'amigo?

D'Amigo the scrub we got in return for Luke Adam?

I was wondering the same thing. There is apparently no one left to call up from Rochester. D'Amigo is next in line. I am starting to worry about our depth!

I'd scratch grigorenko on this first one, doubt he is up to speed yet after only one game.

If Grigorenko is going to be on the 4th line with... who even knows who is on the 4th line these days... keep him in Rochester. I hate seeing skill players put into roles that they are not meant for. (see also -- Cody Hodgson)

If Grigorenko is going to be on the 4th line with... who even knows who is on the 4th line these days... keep him in Rochester. I hate seeing skill players put into roles that they are not meant for. (see also -- Cody Hodgson)

You do remember Nolan is the coach right ?  He loves his "compete"

Called up three players when they only needed two?

I guess they needed to give Teddy an excuse to not use Hodgson on the PP.

Why do I think we'll see Foligno, Varone and Dalpe there before we get a look at Hodgson and Grigo?

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

Why do I think we'll see Foligno, Varone and Dalpe there before we get a look at Hodgson and Grigo?

You know, I was joking the other day about Dalpe on the PP. :(

Well, we just traded our top two centers and Hodgson is still buried in line 3 according to practice lines. Sooooooo

Makes sense if the move came before the # of moves is limited.  Ra-cha-cha having almost as bad a season as the Sabres have had, so it's not like having 1 extra scorer down there will matter. 

Tank must be asleep still

NEWS: The #Sabres have assigned Mikhail Grigorenko to @AmerksHockey.

YES!!! I had just posted on another thread -- what's the point of playing Grigorenko on the 4th line. Initiation by fire, damn it! At least in Rochester, he's the big fish in the small pond. 18 or 19 games from now, Nolan will be dismissed as coach and the roster will begin to take shape.

Agreed.  NHL or AHL I just want him playing a bunch down the stretch.  Based on his waiver eligibility he's with the big club next season.  I'm fine with giving him some minutes up here now to continue his acclimation but I'd rather he be down in Roch if he's playing 6 minutes a night up here.

YES!!! I had just posted on another thread -- what's the point of playing Grigorenko on the 4th line. Initiation by fire, damn it! At least in Rochester, he's the big fish in the small pond. 18 or 19 games from now, Nolan will be dismissed as coach and the roster will begin to take shape.

I can agree with this. I love Nolan but I don't think he'll ever use Grigs or Hodgson correctly. I have little faith he'd use Reinhart or even McEichel in the right position and they'd all be buried on fourth lines with scrubs while Matt Ellis runs our Power Play - all in the name of "development" and "compete".

Let Grigs be "the man" in Rochester and avoid the last 18. I was excited that maybe out of desperation Nolan would stick Grigs between Moulson and Ennis so something fun but I guess that would never happen. At least Ruff stuck Luke Adam between Pommer and Vanek with good results for a while.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.