Sabres player notes 2014-15 (callups, injuries, practice notes)

Hoss

Okay. We don't really have a thread for players notes that aren't thread worthy but need to be moged around here. We can do that here.

From today:

- Matt Ellis will be with the Sabres for "a while."

- Neuvirth out which means Hackett will be up "for some time."

Edited by Tank

GMTM is scheduled to be on Hockey Hotline today at 11

"My fellow Sabres fans.  Today I come to you not as your GM but as a fellow member of Tank Nation.  I promise you that I will use my powers to strike down the idea,nay the very notion that we would fail in our quest.  It has been a long and tortuous process that no fanbase, let alone one with such a marked past, should have to endure.  But when Gary Bettman calls me forth to make our selection at the 2015 NHL entry draft, you can take solace in the fact that I will lead us out of the tank years and into prosperity.  We will then rise from the ashes like Buffalo does from a snowstorm, not broken and whiny like NYC but stronger and more resolute in our determination to be One Buffalo and as One Buffalo we only have a singular goal, to win the Stanley Cup. Therefore beginning on June 26th, we will stand up and say to the NHL, prepare yourselves, for we are the destroyer of worlds, we are the Buffalo Sabres."

- Tim Murray

"My fellow Sabres fans. Today I come to you not as your GM but as a fellow member of Tank Nation. I promise you that I will use my powers to strike down the idea,nay the very notion that we would fail in our quest. It has been a long and tortuous process that no fanbase, let alone one with such a marked past, should have to endure. But when Gary Bettman calls me forth to make our selection at the 2015 NHL entry draft, you can take solace in the fact that I will lead us out of the tank years and into prosperity. We will then rise from the ashes like Buffalo does from a snowstorm, not broken and whiny like NYC but stronger and more resolute in our determination to be One Buffalo and as One Buffalo we only have a singular goal, to win the Stanley Cup. Therefore beginning on June 26th, we will stand up and say to the NHL, prepare yourselves, for we are the destroyer of worlds, we are the Buffalo Sabres."

- Tim Murray

I don't care if I ever hear him say more than two words prior to and during the draft. I just want to hear Connor McDavid. Walk up grab the mic and just say those two words. Then leave.

Then get to work. Because anybody could do what he has been asked to do.

"My fellow Sabres fans. Today I come to you not as your GM but as a fellow member of Tank Nation. I promise you that I will use my powers to strike down the idea,nay the very notion that we would fail in our quest. It has been a long and tortuous process that no fanbase, let alone one with such a marked past, should have to endure. But when Gary Bettman calls me forth to make our selection at the 2015 NHL entry draft, you can take solace in the fact that I will lead us out of the tank years and into prosperity. We will then rise from the ashes like Buffalo does from a snowstorm, not broken and whiny like NYC but stronger and more resolute in our determination to be One Buffalo and as One Buffalo we only have a singular goal, to win the Stanley Cup. Therefore beginning on June 26th, we will stand up and say to the NHL, prepare yourselves, for we are the destroyer of worlds, we are the Buffalo Sabres."

- Tim Murray

That is incredible! Very well done!

"My fellow Sabres fans.  Today I come to you not as your GM but as a fellow member of Tank Nation.  I promise you that I will use my powers to strike down the idea,nay the very notion that we would fail in our quest.  It has been a long and tortuous process that no fanbase, let alone one with such a marked past, should have to endure.  But when Gary Bettman calls me forth to make our selection at the 2015 NHL entry draft, you can take solace in the fact that I will lead us out of the tank years and into prosperity.  We will then rise from the ashes like Buffalo does from a snowstorm, not broken and whiny like NYC but stronger and more resolute in our determination to be One Buffalo and as One Buffalo we only have a singular goal, to win the Stanley Cup. Therefore beginning on June 26th, we will stand up and say to the NHL, prepare yourselves, for we are the destroyer of worlds, we are the Buffalo Sabres."

- Tim Murray

Oh man that would be the greatest presser in the history of sports.

But as Sick says, I don't need him to say anything prior to the draft.

Tim Murray interview highlights off the top of my head:

Loves Buffalo, his kind of town, couldnt have been a better fit

Just give him one ring and he'll be happy

Ready to trade, other GMs aren't

Most trade rumours BS

We have great prospects, but we cant count on all of them to be NHL players

Hopes theyve figured out which ones will make it and which wont.

McDavid will be a high pick

Loved Mike Richards as a scout, talked about picking him up.

Picking up a player on waivers is usually stupid

Will get good players if we use our late firsts

Will look to trade them though

Figures cap issues will shake good players loose and accelerate the rebuild

Edited by dudacek

Tim Murray interview highlights off the top of my head:

Loves Buffalo, his kind of town, couldnt have been a better fit

Just give him one ring and he'll be happy

Ready to trade, other GMs aren't

Most trade rumours BS

We have great prospects, but we cant count on all of them to be NHL players

Hopes theyve figured out which ones will make it and which wont.

McDavid will be a high pick

Loved Mike Richards as a scout, talked about picking him up.

Picking up a player on waivers is usually stupid

Will get good players if we use our late firsts

Will look to trade them though

Figures cap issues will shake good players loose and accelerate the rebuild

Thanks for the summary, dudacek!

I love Tim Murray. Still remains to be seen if he can pull this thing off, but listening to him is great and I think he's on-point with basically everything he says.

Absolutely not a fan of the one ring comment but this city just needs one to get the monkey off their backs.

I'm opening myself up to a variety of Jauron-inspired jokes, but...winning is hard. Only one team wins, and it's not always the best team. So much luck goes into it that if you win one and have a stretch on either side of that of continued contention and a few deep playoff runs, that's a hugely successful stretch for any franchise. I interpreted his comment along these lines, not that he'll win one and not care anymore if they ever win another.

I love Tim Murray. Still remains to be seen if he can pull this thing off, but listening to him is great and I think he's on-point with basically everything he says.

I'm opening myself up to a variety of Jauron-inspired jokes, but...winning is hard. Only one team wins, and it's not always the best team. So much luck goes into it that if you win one and have a stretch on either side of that of continued contention and a few deep playoff runs, that's a hugely successful stretch for any franchise. I interpreted his comment along these lines, not that he'll win one and not care anymore if they ever win another.

Without hearing the actually comment, there's another way to spin it. If he does get that one ring, he can then repeat that same approach the following year, except this time it's "all I want is one MORE ring". At the start of every single season, you can't go out there and win five cups. All you can do is win one.

Without hearing the actually comment, there's another way to spin it. If he does get that one ring, he can then repeat that same approach the following year, except this time it's "all I want is one MORE ring". At the start of every single season, you can't go out there and win five cups. All you can do is win one.

That's the way I heard it when he spoke it.

Absolutely not a fan of the one ring comment but this city just needs one to get the monkey off their backs.

Yeah, that was mostly TM deadpan. The context was him talking about players going to the world cup, and Kenny Holland never having to worry too much on trade deadline, i.e. first world problems.

Way to go out on a limb there, Timmy.

Again, context. He was having some fun with Petey and Sylvester.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.