Sabres player notes 2014-15 (callups, injuries, practice notes)

Hoss

Ted Nolan on WGR said Josh Gorges' injury could be season ending, but he is seeking different opinions from doctors

See that's why I asked.  I was only able to catch the first 5 min of the Flyers game and the Philly announcers said it sounded like Gorges might be done for the season.  Afterwards a google search provided no detail of that comment and nobody on here was really talking about it.

Yeah PHam quoted Nolan on Sylvester this morning (if that's not third-hand enough).  When asked if the injury to Gorges was season-ending, Nolan's response was "I'm not ready to go there yet."  This meshes with the second opinion line.  But for now it looks like he's out for a while.

Wanna watch some bad hockey?  Watch the rest of this season without Gorges.  Bogosian's going to play 35 minutes a game, Risto and Zad the other 25, and without the ability to gain puck possession or break out, we might just to break the record for fewest goals for (133 set on 70 games played, currently on pace for 152 in 82).

Wanna watch some bad hockey?  Watch the rest of this season without Gorges.  Bogosian's going to play 35 minutes a game, Risto and Zad the other 25, and without the ability to gain puck possession or break out, we might just to break the record for fewest goals for (133 set on 70 games played, currently on pace for 152 in 82).

Well if we only played 70 games this year, we would certainly (edit: possibly) break that record. We currently have 104 GF in 56 games played. That works out to a pace of 130 GF in 70 games played.

Historically bad.

By the way, the next lowest scoring teams this year is NJ Devils, with 124 GF in 56 games and Arizona, with 131 GF in 58 games. Y'know only 20 and 27 more goals than us.

Based on my math above, we are on pace to score that many the rest of the season. So even if NJ or Arizona fell into a black hole and didn't score another goal all season, we would have a tough time passing them at our current pace.

:sick:

Yeah PHam quoted Nolan on Sylvester this morning (if that's not third-hand enough).  When asked if the injury to Gorges was season-ending, Nolan's response was "I'm not ready to go there yet."  This meshes with the second opinion line.  But for now it looks like he's out for a while.

I suspect an announcement that Bogo will miss the rest of the season with *flu-like symptoms* in ... 3 - 2 -1 ... 

Report from Nolan is Ennis will be out a little while.  Zemgus prognosis is currently not good.

I would guess he broke a bone judging from how he limped off.  Zemgus could be done for the year.  

I hate to be a dick, but if the injuries aren't career/long-term health threatening for both men, I hope they're out for awhile.

:bag:

I hate to be a dick, but if the injuries aren't career/long-term health threatening for both men, I hope they're out for awhile.

:bag:

I guess I would just say dick then. I hope the injuries are minor.

I also hope for the worst of our two best forwards. 

Meh, guess I'm done. There are traitors amongst us is all I can think.

Ehhhh I still don't like comments about zemgus and think it's messed up BUT I'll get off my high horse. It's a season so I won't judge for someone's comments lol. I'm the guy who deals with rape/homocide/death with jokes.

I do hope no ones seriously injured and they come back ASAP

Edited by Vlad Dangerslakov

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.