Sabres player notes 2014-15 (callups, injuries, practice notes)

Hoss

At this point in the season, it makes a lot more sense to be giving him a shot on the top line than Varone.

Unless you are Ted Nolan.

I agree.  This is an opportune time to evaluate whether he has a future in Buffalo.  Give the kid every shot to prove he is going to be a top 6 player and prepare to cut him loose in the offseason if he doesn't/can't step up.

If Grigo can show he is going to be an NHl player it gives the team flexibility next season.  Reinhart can start in Rochester and learn the pro game like most prospects should.

I'm kind of excited about this.  I really want this kid to make it.

At this point in the season, it makes a lot more sense to be giving him a shot on the top line than Varone.

Unless you are Ted Nolan.

Ted Nolan loves him some Phil Varone!

Seriously though, how sad is it that there's some excitement about Grigs being the #2 center, when his wingers are...*drum roll*...Foligno and Gionta. Put him with Ennis and Moulson dammit!

Grigo a gogo is one of my favorite thread titles ever, and I'm glad to see that people still use it. When Ted starts him on the 3rd line I'm going to lose it.

Edit: Second line, I didn't lose it.

You should still lose it because while he may technically be on the second line, he's still not with a single winger with offensive ability.

My guess is Murray planned on more but saw he was just going to be stashed in the 4th line and said screw it.

My thoughts exactly. I have a feeling Murray and Nolan barely even talk anymore. No way Nolan is the coach next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.