Sabres player notes 2014-15 (callups, injuries, practice notes)

Hoss

Yup. Peg fans general consensus was we like him when he is on the ice but i'm glad he is gone and we have a healthier player in return

Right, cause Myers never gets hurt. Winny fans need to do a little research. And with the rate defensive players are dropping between Rochester and Buffalo, I wouldn't be surprised to see some guys on PTOs with the Sabres before the end of the year.

My guess is Murray planned on more but saw he was just going to be stashed in the 4th line and said screw it.

He was an emergency callup so only one game. Based on Nolan's comment this morning, he relaly did not like his game. I have to say Grigo isnt exactly inspiring 

He was an emergency callup so only one game. Based on Nolan's comment this morning, he relaly did not like his game. I have to say Grigo isnt exactly inspiring 

Based on what?  The few times this year that Nolan played him ~5 minutes a game with grinders?  The nature of Grigorenko's game is that he won't be providing much value for this team unless we play him with skilled wingers.

Based on what?  The few times this year that Nolan played him ~5 minutes a game with grinders?  The nature of Grigorenko's game is that he won't be providing much value for this team unless we play him with skilled wingers.

Last game he played with 12 and 82 I  believe for over two periods.  He's invisible on the ice and has been avg 15 mins a game.  

I wasn't watching too closely, but I seem to recall Grigs being demoted to the 4th line after 2 shits.  He was with 12 and 82 while Varone was with 63 and 26.

I think he took one shift off then was back with them, according to PH at WGR he played most of the game with 12 and 82.  Dude is getting his opportunities but when Phil Varone is outshining you, its not good. 

I'd also point out that Foligno and Gionta...are, in fact, grinders.

either way, he's getting his chances to play with better forwards. He isnt showing much improvement.  He's gonna be down in the AHL next year without a lot of improvement 

Last game he played with 12 and 82 I  believe for over two periods.  He's invisible on the ice and has been avg 15 mins a game.  

You are right about the 15 minutes TOI average.

I'd also point out that Foligno and Gionta...are, in fact, grinders.

Yup. You'd think that after ruining his contract status and having him up with the big club way too early, that somewhere in the 55 Sabres games that he's dressed for we'd give him skilled wingers for just one of those games.

I think he took one shift off then was back with them, according to PH at WGR he played most of the game with 12 and 82.  Dude is getting his opportunities but when Phil Varone is outshining you, its not good. 

either way, he's getting his chances to play with better forwards. He isnt showing much improvement.  He's gonna be down in the AHL next year without a lot of improvement 

Varone will always outshine Grigorenko and Hodgson in TN's eyes.  That doesn't make him good, or even an NHLer.

He will either be traded or on the Sabres roster, because he's subject to waivers next year.

You are right about the 15 minutes TOI average.

Yup. You'd think that after ruining his contract status and having him up with the big club way too early, that somewhere in the 55 Sabres games that he's dressed for we'd give him skilled wingers for just one of those games.

Varone will always outshine Grigorenko and Hodgson in TN's eyes.  That doesn't make him good, or even an NHLer.

He will either be traded or on the Sabres roster, because he's subject to waivers next year.

My point is he looks like more of an NHLer out there than Grigo.... he's floating around too much and doesn't seem hungry for the puck.  

I dont' see how so many are blaming TN for Grigo...he's had 55 NHL games and isnt proving himself to be a regular NHLer .... yet.   Players like can take a while to "get it"  

My point is he looks like more of an NHLer out there than Grigo.... he's floating around too much and doesn't seem hungry for the puck.  

I dont' see how so many are blaming TN for Grigo...he's had 55 NHL games and isnt proving himself to be a regular NHLer .... yet.   Players like can take a while to "get it"  

I think a lost season is the perfect time to give Grigo skilled linemates for 10 games and a chance to "get it."  That's what I'm blaming TN for.  This season should be about developing the future, but all TN can seem to do is try to win with grinders for life.

Edited by kvetch monstrovich

I think a lost season is the perfect time to give Grigo skilled linemates for 10 games and a chance to "get it."  That's what I'm blaming TN for.  This season should be about developing the future, but all TN can seem to do is try to win with grinders for life.

I get that point. I think TN puts a little too much emphasis on that, but what he supposed to say... we suck?  

Grigo problem is his lack of effort. He never does the things that the great players do... hustle for puck and put in the effort every shift.  You never see the top scorers i nthe league float around like he does.  

If he was really a 1st round talent he wouldnt need linemates to prove himself.  It's not like he's out there creating chances but has no one to pass to or feed the puck.  

And it's not TN call to send Grigo back down, its GMTM.... so he must not like his game either.  

Ofcourse 'skill' is relative on this team.

I get that point. I think TN puts a little too much emphasis on that, but what he supposed to say... we suck?  

Grigo problem is his lack of effort. He never does the things that the great players do... hustle for puck and put in the effort every shift.  You never see the top scorers i nthe league float around like he does.  

If he was really a 1st round talent he wouldnt need linemates to prove himself.  It's not like he's out there creating chances but has no one to pass to or feed the puck.  

And it's not TN call to send Grigo back down, its GMTM.... so he must not like his game either.  

That's ridiculous. A 20 year old rookie, 12th overall pick (ya know, the type that are a coin flip to even make the NHL), shouldn't need help from linemates?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.