Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

PFF QB grading is kind of a mess, sure. But what does that have to do with FO team/unit ranking? Did I miss something?

I used to be a big FO guy. 

Then I realized that they had access to the same information we did. Meaning no All-22. I just don't believe any truly meaningful observational analysis can be done with the TV camera view, even with lineman.

Since All-22 came available I'm not sure if they've changed their methods, but I still doubt them. 

Edited by musichunch

Then I realized that they had access to the same information we did. Meaning no All-22. I just don't believe any truly meaningful observational analysis can be done with the TV camera view, even with lineman.

Since All-22 came available I'm not sure if they've changed their methods, but I still doubt them. 

I think that's referred to as "Video Scouting".

DVOA isn't based on video analysis though, it's an event-based metric with data pulled from the NFL's digital play-by-play system. So I really have no idea why you think All-22 versus TV cameras is even relevant.

TBH, in that case, I respect it even less. 

So you used to be a big FO fan without any notion of what they were actually doing, then lost respect for it when something became publicly available that had nothing to do with their stuff, and now that you were told what it actually is you respect it even less? Nice.

So this team is missing a starting quarterback, three of its top four receivers, and several starting Williamses, and I'm thinking of sleeping in on Sunday.

If I was allowed to sleep in, I would, but, alas, I will have to watch this one. On a positive note, I love bloody marys.

My Top 5 reasons why the Bills are just 3-3

1.  Inconsistent offense leaves defense out there all game

2.  Boneheaded Penalties

3.  No, zero, zip, nada credible pass rush 

4.  Injuries to McCoy, Williamson, glass man and Harvin

5.  Really poor O-Line play

Other than that, it's all peachy

Edited by wjag

I had saved vacation time for this week because my brother and I wanted to take our dad to the London game and spend some time in Ireland too.  My dad being the curmudgeon that he is nixed the whole thing and refused to go.  So instead my brother and I are taking our wives to Vegas for a long weekend, the game will be on at 6 am there so unless I stay up all night it's highly unlikely that I'll end up watching it.

So who are the wideouts now, with Goodwin and presumably Harvin gone for the season, and Watkins probably out?

Eeeeeeeeeeesssssshhh.

Without checking anything me thinks:

Woods

Hogan

Easley

D. Moore

Not sure if mark-qweese gray is still injured but they could sure use him. Chris Gragg doesn't give me much hope.

Why should Harvin be frustrated?  Taylor was throwing to him plenty.

Frustrated over the injury is the implication. This was going to be a big contract year for him and its not going well.

A few things;

1) I still think they make the playoffs, a first step in the Ryan process, a third step in the Whaley process

2) penalties, as aggravating as they are, shouldn't really be an issue. Look at the penalty leaders from last year, one and two were in the Super Bowl.

3) don't understand why a lot of the same people that rip the Watkins trade are concerned about wide outs. Aren't they a dime a dozen?

Frustrated over the injury is the implication. This was going to be a big contract year for him and its not going well.

A few things;

1) I still think they make the playoffs, a first step in the Ryan process, a third step in the Whaley process

2) penalties, as aggravating as they are, shouldn't really be an issue. Look at the penalty leaders from last year, one and two were in the Super Bowl.

3) don't understand why a lot of the same people that rip the Watkins trade are concerned about wide outs. Aren't they a dime a dozen?

Respectfully, this is a straw man.  I (and I think most who don't like the Watkins trade) don't think franchise WRs are a dime a dozen -- just that there were a number of good ones they could've drafted last year that wouldn't have cost the extra #1 pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.