Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Speaking of bad coaching, did anyone else watch this last night: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13921899

That may have been the worst play call in history, and then to top it off, the coach yells at the players for snapping the ball. Hey Mr. Pagano, when you realize your trick play is going to cause one guy (who happens to be a backup WR) to have to block three, maybe you should call timeout yourself from the sideline? Just a thought.

What in the hell did he think was going to happen? I'm literally at a loss for words that an NFL coach let that happen, in a 6 point game  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

@salmaiorana: Yahoo. Rochester is a secondary market according to the NFL. Total joke. http://t.co/HkYFb6iHUU

Rochester is going to have to stream the game on Sunday? That's a total crock, Rochester was blacked out every time there was one and now it's considered a secondary market?

Well, that's . I watched the Jets play in London, but I'm going to have to stream the Bills? 

Well, thank God it's the Jaguars we're playing

@JoeBuscaglia

Source confirms that Kyle Williams will not play Sunday. And, also, Sammy Watkins is "doubtful" to play this Sunday against the Jags. #Bills

Edited by WildCard

Speaking of bad coaching, did anyone else watch this last night: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13921899

That may have been the worst play call in history, and then to top it off, the coach yells at the players for snapping the ball. Hey Mr. Pagano, when you realize your trick play is going to cause one guy (who happens to be a backup WR) to have to block three, maybe you should call timeout yourself from the sideline? Just a thought.

I did see that.  I still have no idea what they intended to do.

Yesterday, instead of going to the game I met my girlfriend at the Ithaca booksale.  Found a Benny Goodman vynl where he plays Octopus's Garden and On a Clear Day (You Can See Forever). Haven't got to listen to it yet because my tramp sister stole my turntable.

Was much more fun than the Bills game.  I'm actually mad that I spent 45 minutes watching the recording when I got home.

Moral of the story: Always skip Bills games if you're thinking about it.

LOLOL!!!!!   That is insane.   Was Pagano paid to throw the game?  That seems as plausible as trying to attribute it to any rational thought process on his part.    It doesn't seem like any coach (or any person, coach or not) in their right mind could expect that garbage to work.  Pagano might as well try to block a locomotive with a shopping cart - would make about as much sense. 

Edited by Jsixspd

Pagano said today that the idea was to change formations to the odd lineup to catch NE with either an illegal formation or 12 men on.  If that didn't work, they were going to take the delay of game.  The Colts' players, whom Pagano admits weren't prepared well enough by the coaching staff, did two things wrong: they lined up wrong and they snapped the ball- they were never supposed to snap.

All I can say is that I'm thankful that I had a day at camp with my daughter for Y guides yesterday.  Mostly because I was able to spend an awesome day canoeing, fishing, archery, bb guns etc. with my 7 year old, but also because packing up and getting ready for it made me forget that I wanted to bet on the Bills and therefore saved me a bunch of $.  Lastly, if I didn' have the camp day I would have likely wasted another beautiful Sunday watching this hapless franchise remain irrelevant on the NFL landscape.

Things that are awesome ...

Speaking of bad coaching, did anyone else watch this last night: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13921899

This league is full of bad coaching, questionable personnel decisions and salary cap mismanagement. The only thing that really differentiates most of the team is the guy playing quarterback.

All the analysts hate the thought that but it could be that simple but it really is. When Green Baty's defense gives up over 500 yards and hangs on by the skin of their teeth, it's all covered up by their QB. When New England drafts 45 defensive backs and finds one that can actually play, their QB bails them out.

If Tyrod Taylor turns into a true franchise QB, Rex and Whakey will be heralded as geniuses for their foresight. If not their skills will forever sentence them to the NFL land of mediocrity.

Washington fan here (moved out of BUF in ’73 as an 8-year-old so never “bonded” with the Bills). I know it’s a little frustrating being a Bills fan this year, but I would trade places with you in a second.

Pegula owns the Bills. We have no reason to doubt he wants to do all the right things for the Bills. Daniel Snyder owns the Redskins. His ego makes Nero look like Mother Teresa. He is more of a narcissist than Donald Trump and that ain’t easy. This is the guy who dictated that the Redskins get Deion Sanders for a cap-busting cost at the point in his career where as a punt receiver balls were literally hitting Sanders in the facemask. Took years to recover from that. Snyder did the same thing with the Albert Haynesworth debacle, and then the whole RGIII thing was like déjà vu all over again. Being a GM for Snyder is like being the president of Vichy France!

I think it was last year when Wash played the Rams (the team Wash got RGIII’s pick from), and at the beginning of the game the 6 captains the Rams marched up to mid field for the coin toss were all acquired as a direct result of that dumbass trade. Insult to injury and yet I actually laughed, because I knew how much Snyder would be having a meltdown about it. Snyder is the guy who regularly has Redskins fans ejected from home games if they did anything at all to bug him. When banners at home games starting getting critical of him? No problem. Banners were then no longer allowed.

Don’t even get me started on the whole “Redskins” controversy from Snyder’s viewpoint. Even an idiot like me knows that if you say ‘we’re gonna change the name next year’, then everyone buys tons of Redskins stuff now before it’s gone, and then tons of the new stuff the next year, and you ALSO get a PR “win”. But not Snyder. Nobody tells him what to do.

Washington will never win while Snyder’s at the helm, and Snyder will be the owner of the Redskins until he dies, or is caught with a dead woman or a live boy (or both). Even then, I think Wash may already be in curse-worthy territory a la Ballard’s Maple Leafs or the Cubs.

In summary, being a Bills fan may have its bumps in the road, but it could be worse. It could be a LOT worse.

Edited by BagBoy

It should go. I have first cousins, etc. who are native. They don't lose sleep over it, but they'd like to see it go.

I assumed this was the case based on your original comment but wasn't sure how exactly you felt or why. Interesting perspective from probably the only fan of the team on this board.

To be completely honest I've only ever spoken directly with one native about the issue -- they said they think it's kind of cool but believe it should be changed because they see and understand why so many others feel differently. They disliked Chief Wahoo more but think that Native American mascots should only be in place if it's a specific tribe and it's approve by that tribe.

I think the specific tribe thing carries some weight. Florida State Seminoles. There is no issue whatsoever on either side of this coin. It's all love on both sides.

and this is petty...but the Cleveland Indians logo/mascot should have been deemed offensive decades ago.

Cleveland's logo looks like something out of one of those classic propaganda ads where they try to make a certain racial group look like a bunch of pedophiles. I also think their name should change because it doesn't even represent what they think it does.

I do not believe "Braves" or "Warriors" are names that should be changed, though. 

Anyways, go Bills... The stupidest non-offensive name is all of sports.

I have family from Akwesasne. I was raised nearby. I remember the fire blockades on rte 37 as a kid. The opinion is that Their lands were stolen and Their culture pilfered. The belligerent recent past mentality has softened with the economic improvement on that reservation in particular. They still do not like to be referred to in derogatory terms though.

Tyrod Taylor says he's feeling good & optimistic about playing Sunday. Says he has no limitations from knee injury.#Bills

‏@MatthewFairburn

Bills signed OT Jordan Mills and placed Marquise Goodwin on IR. Also signed WR Titus Davis to the practice squad, released Dustin Vaughan.

@ChrisTrapasso

Important number for #Bills: 2.63 - avg secs until each pass for Blake Bortles. Only 5 QBs "slower." 53% of his throws have been 2.5 or less

You know it's funny, after Week 2 I got a 10 day trial of NFL Gameday and wrote a long breakdown of what I believe happened during the Patriots game. Just a long-time NFL fan with no more than HS freshman football experience.

Biggest problems on defense were:

1. We refuse to jam receivers at the line which allows the short timed passing attack to kill us.

2. We get too cute with coverages and blitzes. Example was having Kyle Williams cover Dion Lewis 1 on 1 across the field on a play that led to a Pats touchdown. 

Since my trial expired, I see Rex hasn't bothered to fix any of these main points. Eli kicked our ass with short slants, just like Brady. Now Dalton manages to play 60 minutes while getting hit only once. 

I get that the NFL coaching game is enormously complex. I get that things go on that 99.9% of fans don't understand, unless you're Chris Brown from Smart Football. I get that most NFL players and coaches roll their eyes at fan opinion. I get it, I would too.

But at some point, it is what it is. What you have is not working and all it takes is a casual fan to recognize the problem. Look, I like Rex. I think he fosters a very open environment and he knows the risks involved with it and is cool with that. He knows that players are going to start talking. 

What we have here is a big watershed moment. I would never agree with Jerry Sullivan about anything, but he wasn't too far off by saying Rex is in a "crisis", although that's way too strong a word in my opinion. But I do think he's at a crossroads where what made him great is no longer working anymore. Now he needs to adjust on the fly, like all the greats do. Is he going to face the problem and find a way around, over, or under the brick wall, or is he going to keep banging his head against it?

Now we shall see what Rex is made of. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.