Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

My take is musichunch has hit the nail on the head. But all the wrongs will be righted for our defense against the Jacksonville offense. Jacksonville has a below average quarterback that hangs on to the ball to long and the Bill's defense is looking to put on an old time azz woopin'. The perfect storm.

My take is musichunch has hit the nail on the head. But all the wrongs will be righted for our defense against the Jacksonville offense. Jacksonville has a below average quarterback that hangs on to the ball to long and the Bill's defense is looking to put on an old time azz woopin'. The perfect storm.

The perfect storm to let them lie to themselves and believe it was only time working in the new system that was necessary to make it work. :angry:

They need to get through this game and adjust the scheme to the talent. Having this line & CB's ending up middle of the pack is awful. Yes, they've played Luck, Marcia, Eli, & a Dalton on a career year; but they also got Tannyhill playing for a team that had quit on their coach & a rookie w/ few weapons. Being in the top 10 like they should be would probably have had them at least 4-2.

The perfect storm to let them lie to themselves and believe it was only time working in the new system that was necessary to make it work. :angry:

They need to get through this game and adjust the scheme to the talent. Having this line & CB's ending up middle of the pack is awful. Yes, they've played Luck, Marcia, Eli, & a Dalton on a career year; but they also got Tannyhill playing for a team that had quit on their coach & a rookie w/ few weapons. Being in the top 10 like they should be would probably have had them at least 4-2.

No doubt Mr. T. They can come out and run the same plays/schemes and look like geniuses.

Jaguars are not an awful team. People are going to hate this, but in the Dolphins game I watched on All-22, they seemed like a fundamentally sound football team in the trenches. Marrone has helped.

Bortles has an arm. His receivers have been going off. They're good enough to beat us if we play poorly. 

Like I said previously, let's see how Rex adjusts. It's a real ego-check. 

freeman, I hope the players' comments of the last few days have informed your opinion.  Is the DL overpaid or is the scheme not right for an incredible DL?

It does seem like the scheme isn't maximizing their production -- but I also think (i) there are a number of other serious problems with this team and (ii) even in a sub-optimal scheme, if the DL is all that, it should be more of a force than it has been (which has been pretty mediocre).

Not sure if this is a Seahawks Source trying to save face but,

@JasonLaCanfora: Another source has just reiterated to me there was no "drag racing" to speak of regarding this Fred Jackson situation

Brawndo, I'm not sure how you do it but you find some interesting stuff to share.

It's my small, some would say insignificant, contribution to the board

For all the bitching about the defense, it's still 10th in DVOA. It's not bad, it's not below average, it's top-10. Disappointing? Sure, since I think we were all mostly expecting top-5 or better. We were expecting dominant and what we've gotten is very good. But it's hardly a disaster.

And we've played the Patriots and the Bengals

For all the bitching about the defense, it's still 10th in DVOA. It's not bad, it's not below average, it's top-10. Disappointing? Sure, since I think we were all mostly expecting top-5 or better. We were expecting dominant and what we've gotten is very good. But it's hardly a disaster.

After the Aaron Rodgers debacle I don't put too much faith into FO or PFF. 

I dunno. These guys love cars. They're super competitive. How about just a race to where they were all going to eat?

I remember friendly races out of the high school parking lot, where the drivers did some fairly dumb sh1t.

Why else would be have lost control of a 2016 Corvette within moments of leaving the team's training facility?

Edited by That Aud Smell

No.  It has not been "very good."  Allowing 3 teams to do whatever they want, and having those stats be somewhat counterbalanced by good games against 2 lousy teams, is not "very good" defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.