Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

He was going to the ground before the ball ever got to him. He jumped at an angle. He was stumbling, not stepping. That helps the rule make sense.

I've agreed with everything you said up until this. He wasn't stumbling. He had control and was diving for the end zone.

I think it was a catch. I also was not surprised it was overturned. Karma's a cruel mistress. Maybe he shouldn't have yelled at the refs with his helmet off last week.

Make that 6 overthrows. He looks terrible today

Just brutal. They need to focus on the run game. I would almost always say "it's Peyton Manning, he'll figure it out." But he just looks hopeless out there. I hope the Broncos find a way to win it all so he can retire now. He's losing it.

Just brutal. They need to focus on the run game. I would almost always say "it's Peyton Manning, he'll figure it out." But he just looks hopeless out there. I hope the Broncos find a way to win it all so he can retire now. He's losing it.

It's all we heard about this season: the Bronco's finally have a running game to compliment Manning. Yet here we are in January and the run game is non-existent. :doh:

I hope he retires too, hopeless is the right word for him tonight. If they lost this, Fox is fired, presumably, and I'm not sure Manning wants to stay around for another HC change at his age. Even he has to notice that he's not the same player he was, not even compared to last year.

Manning was great this year up until ~5 weeks ago. I suppose it's possible he randomly fell off of a cliff talent-wise towards the end of the season, but I'm extremely skeptical. He's not the same QB he used to be, of course, but you guys are making it sound like he's 6 feet under.

I think he would have a similar season next season. Plays well at the beginning but drops off late. The drop off will just start coming sooner as time goes.

Looks a bit like Manning and the Broncos have finally adjusted to shorter routes.

Here's an article on Roman's as a HC possibility before Ryan; still highlights his strengths/weaknesses in SF, and talks a lot about his grooming, or lack thereof, of Kaepernick.

http://www.trendingbuffalo.com/sports/buffalo-bills/coachwatch2015-who-is-greg-roman/

The article basically says Roman asks Kaepernick to do too much with poor wide receivers. Roman obviously relies on a power running game, something the Bills are severely lacking at the moment, and a dominant offensive line to be the foundation of his scheme. So, if reports are true, and Roman is our OC, then expect big upgrades to the O-Line first and foremost, and expect EJ to get another shot. Roman is the OC that revived Smith from the basement into a solid QB, so maybe we have some hope.

The style of Roman makes a ton of sense with Rex too. I think this hire will be much more significant next season than that of Rex Ryan.

It's sounding like there's a decent chance that both of Denver's coordinators will get head coaching jobs (Del Rio in Oakland and Gase in some place). If that's the case then I fire Fox and bring in a veteran coach to see if you can make it happen one last time with Peyton.

Here's another article that's getting a lot of noise on Roman. It's written the offseason after the 49's lost the SB, so it's outdated, but here it is FWIW. I haven't read it yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--offensive-guru-and-coaching-candidate-greg-roman-a-victim-of-his--niners--success-022509392.html

It's sounding like there's a decent chance that both of Denver's coordinators will get head coaching jobs (Del Rio in Oakland and Gase in some place). If that's the case then I fire Fox and bring in a veteran coach to see if you can make it happen one last time with Peyton.

My money is on Manning retiring. Brings a huge power shift to the AFC when he's gone.

Edited by WildCard

I'm not sure. The report a month or so ago was that he planned on playing one more season unless he won the Super Bowl this season.

This game was bad and they never looked like a threat... It'll be interesting.

Mike Shanahan reunion in Denver for one last run with Manning? Tony Dungy's triumphant return for one last shot? Santa Claus?

I know he said that, but I think the last half of this season and this game have shown him that that shot is never going to come. He had it last season, he won't get it again.

Even if he did make it to the big dance, is there any fan out there other than a Bronco's one that believes Manning could beat either the Pack or Seattle? With Rogers limping around and the Hawks looking more and more like the team that had one of the biggest SB blowouts in recent history, it seems pretty likely that they will return to Arizona to defend the crown. The Bronco's may have a better overall roster than they did last time around, and are healthier, but their most important piece is in a severe decline when it matters most. Things are only going to get tougher for them as Manning gets worse, and somebody as smart as he should realize that he missed his window, and there will not be another.

Edited by WildCard

I think he would have a similar season next season. Plays well at the beginning but drops off late. The drop off will just start coming sooner as time goes.

Looks a bit like Manning and the Broncos have finally adjusted to shorter routes.

Maybe that is what's happening. I'm a big enough Manning fanboy to say it's not the case :P

To your second point, that should have been done 3 quarters ago. I think part of the reason for the overthrows was the timing was off because his receivers were getting their clocks cleaned at the line of scrimmage. But ya know, Adam Gase is THE hot candidate or something :rolleyes:

Honestly I think they have to run the sort of offense Elway did at the end of his career--more running, more play action, and so on. I know Elway at the end could throw better than Manning can now, but he definitely wasn't the same QB as earlier in his career either. Didn't he have under 200 yards passing in that first Super Bowl win?

Even if he did make it to the big dance, is there any fan out there other than a Bronco's one that believes Manning could beat either the Pack or Seattle?

If he would've went out there and beat the Pats, then yes. I understand the Pats defense isn't as good at Seattle's, but I would've had a renewed confidence in him if he beat Brady in New England. Obviously that isn't happening.

Also: Julius Thomas and Demariyus Thomas are both free agents (so is Wes Welker). If Manning retires then there's no way you can justify giving all three big money to come back.

I look at this way, that was NFL karma for the Detroit call (PI flag pickup)

That was one of the worst calls of the year.

And there were plenty of favorable Dallas calls on the ensuing drive that gave Dallas the lead too.

I didn't feel sorry for them losing today at all. Even a hurt Aaron Rodgers >>> Romo. Rodgers' play in the 2nd half was superlative.

My money is on Manning retiring. Brings a huge power shift to the AFC when he's gone.

I'm thinking the same thing - he turns 39 in March, and his play now clearly deteriorates towards the end of the season. It's called 'age'. It will likely only be worse next year if he does decide to soldier on.

If I'm Denver I convince Manning to come back. I let go of Fox and bring in a veteran coach who can/has won. I convince the NFL to reinstate Adrian Peterson and bring him into the fold and I try to keep everything else as much the same as possible.

Apparently the Bills were Ryan's Third Choice, but the Pegula's wanted him the most.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-fickle-falcons-led-rex-ryan-bills-job-article-1.2074037

This was a bit discouraging. Makes it seem like he was trying to do everything but take this job but couldn't generate real interest elsewhere. Kind of like calling all the girls who turned you down in high school right before walking down the isle.

Per Adam Caplan, Schwartz unsure if he wants to remain with Bills, will meet with Ryan after deal finalized.

Ryan wants to bring David Lee his QB Coach back to Buffalo, as well. Not a big fan of that move if true

He was here for one season and it was the year that the wheels started to fall off for Fitz here... He was the Jets QB coach the last two seasons. He was Chad Henne's QB coach in Miami and they drafted Tannehill in the first after he left. Not excited about that move either.

On Schwartz: I don't think he'll want to stick around. Rex wants to bring his defensive coordinator over from the Jets so why would Schwartz want to work in between them?

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.