Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

He beat them in the playoffs too.

That wasn't in the last five years. That was with the team he inherited from the previous regime.

He beat them in the playoffs too.

He took three steps without it moving. Three!

Doesn't matter. He was in the process of falling to the ground and so he had to maintain control of it throughout that fall.

Based on the rule that's not a catch. He was on the way to the ground when he got control (despite the fact that he took a couple steps he was still stumbling to the ground) and he lost it when the ball contacted the ground.

Based on common sense, the rule is stupid. Not that I wanted the Cowboys to win. I was pulling for the Packers. BUT the second a receiver has possession it should be a catch. For as many advantages receivers are given, though, I'm okay with being ticky tacky on what's a catch and what's not.

Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck/Manning.

Man the Bills have a great Defense.

If it ends up being Manning, then 3/4 also have great defenses. And Wilson doesn't belong in that group anyway, although I will finally concede he's top-12 :P

I know, I know. But barring a minor miracle we're getting an average QB at best, so have to cling to something.

Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck/Manning.

Man the Bills have a great Defense.

Disclaimer: some will think this post is stupid. It is also submitted without comment or opinion.

The Bills selected Erik Flowers, Travares Tillman, Corey Moore, Avion Black, Sammy Morris, Leif Olve Dolonen Larsen, traded for JP Losman, Stephon Gilmore, Cordy Glenn and TJ Graham over three of those five quarterbacks. The other two were taken first overall.

Edited by Tank

If it ends up being Manning, then 3/4 also have great defenses. And Wilson doesn't belong in that group anyway, although I will finally concede he's top-12 :P

I know, I know. But barring a minor miracle we're getting an average QB at best, so have to cling to something.

Only Seattle has a top 5 scoring defense. The others are 8 (NE), 14(GB), 17(DEN), and 19(IND).

Cling buddy! CLING!!!

nonsense--he had complete control and took 3 steps...and his elbows hit before the ball touched the ground. -and there was no proof that the ball was on the ground and not under control. he flipped it up at the end to make sure he showed it wasnt on the ground altho that shouldnt have mattered

That wasn't in the last five years. That was with the team he inherited from the previous regime.

Yes, it was. It was in 2010. In the past three years, with the Jets fielding vastly inferior talent (seriously, Geno Smith the past two years!), they lost the Patriots by 1, 2, 3, 3 and 30 points, with one 3 point win. This is approximately 3 million times better than the Bills have done against them.

nonsense--he had complete control and took 3 steps...and his elbows hit before the ball touched the ground. -and there was no proof that the ball was on the ground and not under control. he flipped it up at the end to make sure he showed it wasnt on the ground altho that shouldnt have mattered

That rule will be debated along with the "tuck" rule to the day I die.

Maybe Kaep with Roman, but no thanks. The league figured him out. He has absolutely no clue how to throw anything but a fastball. Overpaid.

Trestman isn't coming but Cutler and him weren't a match anyways. He benched Cutler.

I' take Kaep in a heartbeat, he's a massive upgrade over EJ. The other good thing about Roman is he could bring with him your favorite FA of the offseason, Mike Lupati

Only Seattle has a top 5 scoring defense. The others are 8 (NE), 14(GB), 17(DEN), and 19(IND).

Cling buddy! CLING!!!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Total defensive weighted DVOA: Sea 1st, Den 3rd, NE 12th, Ind 11th (this last one actually shocked the crap out of me, I thought they were much worse). So two good defenses and two great defenses.

Really though, I just don't see a reasonable way to acquire a better than average QB this year. At the very least, an average QB with this defense is a solid playoff team--once there, just have to hope the D can keep it close enough for lady luck to look favorably upon us. What other option do we have?

I' take Kaep in a heartbeat, he's a massive upgrade over EJ. The other good thing about Roman is he could bring with him your favorite FA of the offseason, Mike Lupati

I disagree on Kaep. He's a moderate upgrade over EJ. Still has similar accuracy problems. I said it before but I'll repeat: he can only throw a rocket. Has no touch. For what he's making and how long we'd have to keep him around I don't think he's a legitimate upgrade.

in the process of falling to the ground??? THREE steps??? where is the cut off point?--TEN STEPS??/

He was going to the ground before the ball ever got to him. He jumped at an angle. He was stumbling, not stepping. That helps the rule make sense.

Yes, it was. It was in 2010. In the past three years, with the Jets fielding vastly inferior talent (seriously, Geno Smith the past two years!), they lost the Patriots by 1, 2, 3, 3 and 30 points, with one 3 point win. This is approximately 3 million times better than the Bills have done against them.

You're right, I had 7 years in my had for Rex as the Jets' HC. So, 1 win in the last 4 years.

2014 season: L 25-27, L16-17

2013 season: L 13-10, W 30-27

2012 season: L 29-26, L 19-49

2011 season: L 21-30, L 16-37

2010 season: W 28-14, L 3-45, W 28-21

2009 season: W 16-9, L 14-31

kaep has his problems....but he did get a team to the SB and NFC championship before they tried to turn him into something he isn't..I think he is a big upgade over any of the QBs we have

Player vs player he's a large upgrade over anything we have. But he's still not anything special, and the long-term monetary commitment we'd have to make to him is that of a special type of player. Meh.

I'd rather have Cutler than Kaepernick. This defense can make up for Cutler's mistakes when he's bad, and when he's good, look out.

Agreed. And Cutler is only a two-year commitment if things don't work out (despite my original sentiments that he'd be a longer one).

Okay, if this article is to be believed then we don't have to commit much to Kaepernick other than what we trade away for him...

http://deadspin.com/colin-kaepernicks-126-million-contract-is-remarkably-1586520353

Edited by Tank

You're right, I had 7 years in my had for Rex as the Jets' HC. So, 1 win in the last 4 years.

2014 season: L 25-27, L16-17

2013 season: L 13-10, W 30-27

2012 season: L 29-26, L 19-49

2011 season: L 21-30, L 16-37

2010 season: W 28-14, L 3-45, W 28-21

2009 season: W 16-9, L 14-31

Taking coaches out of it, how often would you anticipate the Jets roster beating the Patriots roster over that span? Even if the Jets had the advantage at every single non-QB position (which of course they did not), you'd have to think Brady still compensates enough to be the Sanchez/Smith combo at least half the time, right? It's amazing to me the 30 point loss wasn't the norm.

Agreed. And Cutler is only a two-year commitment if things don't work out (despite my original sentiments that he'd be a longer one).

Okay, if this article is to be believed then we don't have to commit much to Kaepernick other than what we trade away for him...

http://deadspin.com/...ably-1586520353

The article is right, it's basically a year-to-year contract with little long-term liability.

"He was going to the ground before the ball ever got to him. He jumped at an angle. He was stumbling, not stepping. That helps the rule make sense."

stumbling not stepping??............-again-a guy can be 'stumbling' forward for many steps.What is the cutoff? We have all seen players get tripped up and go to the ground after many steps. I highly doubt the rule was designed for taking 2,3 or 7 steps with control of the ball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.