Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Welcome back bmwolf!

Here's a little trivia question; scroll down for the answer.  How many QBs drafted in the top 10 since 1990 have won a Super Bowl?

The number is telling:  It is VERY HARD to find a quarterback in the draft.  Many, many more busts than hits.

Three.  Two of them are Mannings.  The other one is Dilfer.

That's a pretty interesting trivia question, thanks.

There is one more that has a Super Bowl ring, but did not play in the Super Bowl.

Drew Bledsoe. 

In a fun twist to the NFL's legal issues a video on NFL.com was dug up from the Rookie Symposium last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000361495/Rookies-learn-life-lessons-from-Sapp-and-Carter

Juicy stuff from 16:50-18:00.

Carter, wearing his Hall of Fame jacket, tells the rookies to have a fall guy in their crew for when they need to cover up a crime. Says one guy in their crew must be ready to go to jail.

Video taken down, but have no fear... Internet is here!

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/cris-carter-nfl-rookies-fall-guy/

Edited by Hoss

In a fun twist to the NFL's legal issues a video on NFL.com was dug up from the Rookie Symposium last year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap2000000361495/Rookies-learn-life-lessons-from-Sapp-and-Carter

Juicy stuff from 16:50-18:00.

Carter, wearing his Hall of Fame jacket, tells the rookies to have a fall guy in their crew for when they need to cover up a crime. Says one guy in their crew must be ready to go to jail.

Looks like the video was taken down. I did see the excerpt of Cris saying that though. Unfortunately that is the sad state of NFL players and "their crew." 

I love random sports facts like the above.

Here's a few more:

54 QBs have had at least 5 games of 4 TDs.  Fitzmagic is tied for the worst winning percentage (.500) among those QBs.  Johnny Unitas has the most wins (13) of the QBs who have gone undefeated in such games.

Steve Tasker (7) is tied for the 3rd most Pro Bowls in Bills history (Bruce Smith - 11, Ruben Brown - 8).

Jim Kelly obviously has the most 4th quarter comebacks in Bills history with 21, but Joe Ferguson is right behind him with 19.  Jack Kemp and Dennis Shaw are distant thirds with 6.

(On the other side of the field, Brady has the most such comebacks against Buffalo with 5).

Fred Jackson is one of only 3 Bills RBs with 3 consecutive 100-yard games.

I love random sports facts like the above.

Here's a few more:

54 QBs have had at least 5 games of 4 TDs. Fitzmagic is tied for the worst winning percentage (.500) among those QBs. Johnny Unitas has the most wins (13) of the QBs who have gone undefeated in such games.

Steve Tasker (7) is tied for the 3rd most Pro Bowls in Bills history (Bruce Smith - 11, Ruben Brown - 8).

Jim Kelly obviously has the most 4th quarter comebacks in Bills history with 21, but Joe Ferguson is right behind him with 19. Jack Kemp and Dennis Shaw are distant thirds with 6.

(On the other side of the field, Brady has the most such comebacks against Buffalo with 5).

Fred Jackson is one of only 3 Bills RBs with 3 consecutive 100-yard games.

The Joe Ferguson hail Mary to Roland Hooks to beat NE is second to only the comeback game in my favorite Bills games that I've attended.

Ferguson to Hooks. Man, that was something.

Another great moment from the same era: Buster Barnett blocking a FG attempt to preserve a win.

RIP Buster.

Also quite sure I only listened to the Hooks Hail Mary game on the radio. Van on the call, of course.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Ferguson to Hooks. Man, that was something.

Another great moment from the same era: Buster Barnett blocking a FG attempt to preserve a win.

RIP Buster.

Also quite sure I only listened to the Hooks Hail Mary game on the radio. Van on the call, of course.

Turns out Buster Barnett blocked that field goal in the same season that Hooks caught the Hail Mary. I reckon I was super dialed in that year.

Also, I misheard reports about Barnett (which prompted the RIP). It appears that a woman with whom he'd had an affair killed his wife, and then herself. Dear God.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13291164/mistress-ex-buffalo-bills-tight-end-buster-barnett-kills-wife-self

Thanks for posting that video. Was before my time. I started getting into the Bills in 87, when I was 9 or so. Seeing a classic like that increases my excitement for this year's season! I don't mind the down to the wire games as long as we win them.

I loved that team......Of course ,like every other good Bills team, it was short-lived due to 'organizational weaknesses at the top'...

Ha Was only x amount months old when this game was played. Obviously I didn't see it, but I did watch the final drive on the video provided and wow that's something I wish I could've seen. For the Bills there are a few games that were holy smokes! The comeback against the Oilers was unbelievable. Very happy I watched that one. Bad w/ quotes, but remember Chris Berman on Primetime saying "It's over, its all over....for Houston." He said this after the Oilers scored an early TD in the 3rd to increase the lead. To those that gave up on it, were too young to know what was was going on or not even born yet..... :nana:  

Wolfy Jr. is a goalie now?  Sweet.

Welcome back.  According to the posts tab in your profile, it's been since 2013 since you last posted?

Thank you sir. Yeah, it's been a while.

Yes, the not-so-little guy is a goalie now. He started jumping between the pipes during scrimmages and fell in love with it.  He also fell out of love with being a skater after a rough game where he was targeted (for lack of a better term) by a player on the opposing team. He stood up for himself but he was done as a forward.  He still skates out on D occasionally but he's a full-time goalie this year.

Wolfie!

Hello!  :wub:

I'm quite intrigued by you. 

:flirt:

Rawr.

:angel:

Welcome back Wolf!

Hopefully the anticipated resurgence will prompt more happy returns...

Thanks n!

Welcome back Wolf.  I was literally just thinking about you while reading the 10th anniversary thread about 5 minutes ago. 

Thanks cd!

Welcome back bmwolf!

Here's a little trivia question; scroll down for the answer.  How many QBs drafted in the top 10 since 1990 have won a Super Bowl?

The number is telling:  It is VERY HARD to find a quarterback in the draft.  Many, many more busts than hits.

Three.  Two of them are Mannings.  The other one is Dilfer.

Thanks, 11.

I hope to be around more. Between the kid's hockey schedule and my work schedule (thanks to getting laid off in January and having to take a new position, I am now the not-so-proud owner of a 45-minute+ commute in each direction, so my work days are longer and more draining.  He also plays travel baseball so that ties us up quite a bit too.

Edited by Bmwolf21

Joe Buscaglia's Camp awards

Flying Up the Depth Chart: HB Karlos Williams

Failed to Impress: OT Cyrus Kouandjio

Best Fight: WR Robert Woods vs. CB Stephon Gilmore

Most Memorable Moment: Bills Sign IK Enemkpali

Rookie Stud: G John Miller

Rookie Dud: TE Nick O’Leary

Camp LVP Runners-Up: HB Bryce Brown & C/G Alex Kupper

Camp MVP Runners-Up: DT Corbin Bryant & OT Cordy Glenn

Camp LVP: S Duke Williams

Camp MVP: WR Sammy Watkins

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/buscaglia-2015-bills-training-camp-awards

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.