Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan confirms McCoy hamstring. Indications are it's a strain. Trainer says hamstring not "off the bone." @wgrz

Hamstring strains typically mean 2-3 games for an NFL player, depending on the severity. Thankfully we still have 2+ weeks until Indy. He may not be ready for that game, or maybe even NE, but he should be back in September. 

Edited by WildCard

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan confirms McCoy hamstring. Indications are it's a strain. Trainer says hamstring not "off the bone." @wgrz

Hamstring strains typically mean 2-3 games for an NFL player, depending on the severity. Thankfully we still have 2+ weeks until Indy. He may not be ready for that game, or maybe even NE, but he should be back in September. 

One of his biggest strengths are his cuts and dekes. Hamstring is important for that.

Fook's sake. The season-enders to two key backups, and the soft tissue injuries to just about every WR and RB are casting a pall over the season before it begins. We avoided injuries last year. This year's looking like a different story.

And, about Watkins: The guy is obviously a freakish talent, but after an injury-impeded rookie year, he is not inspiring confidence with the tweaked glute stuff.

Just read a Tweet from Lacanfora (sic) about how Rex may give Ray Rice a shot.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Fook's sake. The season-enders to two key backups, and the soft tissue injuries to just about every WR and RB are casting a pall over the season before it begins. We avoided injuries last year. This year's looking like a different story.

And, about Watkins: The guy is obviously a freakish talent, but after an injury-impeded rookie year, he is not inspiring confidence with the tweaked glute stuff.

Just read a Tweet from Lacanfora (sic) about how Rex may give Ray Rice a shot.

Translation: Rice's agent told La Canfora he has left the Bills 5000 voice mails. Even the team of second chances has to have limits, right? I'd really hope Pegula would put the kibosh on that. Also, Ray Rice hasn't been good in two years anyway, sooooooooo.

On Watkins: I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't at least mildly concerned that he seems to always have one thing or another (the ribs were a fluke, but then the hip, and now the other stuff....). 

@JosinaAnderson: #Bills source on RB LeSean McCoy in t/ last hour: Hes in route to Buffalo. Hope its just a strain, but it didnt look good on the field."

@JosinaAnderson: Another source told me McCoy felt hammy get tight." Also added it feels a bit better from when it 1st happened. Emphasized L.M. not a doc. 

Anyone know what the bold means?

Edited by WildCard

Because he's a black mobile QB from Va. Tech? Cmon, this is so lazy.

It was mostly a play on the disparity of the Vick brothers. I haven't seen enough of Tyrod to determine what NFL or college QB he is most reminiscent of. Didn't even consider they all went to VA Tech. To Blue's point, his slight build and height deficiency are Mike Vick like.

Reading that the NFL is insistent that Brady admit culpability in Deflategate as part of a settlement. Also reported that Brady is willing to take a reduced suspension and admit that he obstructed the investigation.

http://deadspin.com/tom-brady-settlement-talks-are-going-poorly-1725029028

I'm with Brady on this point (much as I hate him), and I don't understand the NFL's insistence on having him admit to responsibility for deflating balls. 

In resolving civil disputes, parties (very nearly) universally deny the other party's allegations, and the document expressly states that no one is admitting having done anything wrong, that the settlement brings an end to disputed claims and defenses. I have to think the Magistrate Judge is hammering the NFL on that point in settlement talks.

It was mostly a play on the disparity of the Vick brothers. I haven't seen enough of Tyrod to determine what NFL or college QB he is most reminiscent of. Didn't even consider they all went to VA Tech. To Blue's point, his slight build and height deficiency are Mike Vick like.

I thought the comparison of Taylor to either or both of the Vicks was a good one. Very similar in size, and a similar skill set (generally speaking, although Mike Vick at the peak of his powers is something Taylor almost certainly can't reach).

And not for nothing, the fact that all of those guys were recruited by Frank Beamer's program is no mistake.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Crisis averted  :beer:  :beer:

@AdamSchefter: Despite injuring hamstring Tuesday, Bills' RB Lesean McCoy is expected to return for regular-season opener vs. Colts, per league source. 

These joint practices are stupid btw. McCoy hurt, Kelvin Benjamin gets hurt in the Panthers practice with the Fins today, and every single one has had a fight thus far. Just end them already

I forgot these existed, thanks for sharing this.

http://t.co/I35MWpihB6

Goodwin is the man. What a cool thing to do.

Hey - what a thing that is. I had no idea he was such a good dude. Hopefully he can stick on the roster.

I wonder whether he has prior experience in dealing with people with disabilities and/or special needs -- he was so ... I'm not sure how to say it: at ease. (I'm speaking from my own experience -- it can be a little daunting to be in that situation when you lack a foundation of any kind.)

Hey - what a thing that is. I had no idea he was such a good dude. Hopefully he can stick on the roster.

I wonder whether he has prior experience in dealing with people with disabilities and/or special needs -- he was so ... I'm not sure how to say it: at ease. (I'm speaking from my own experience -- it can be a little daunting to be in that situation when you lack a foundation of any kind.)

You are correct, his sister has cerebral palsy.

"I guess you could categorize her as special needs," Goodwin said. "But she's always just been my sister.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2014/9/9/6128931/e60-marquise-goodwin-sister-deja-buffalo-bill-texas-longhorns

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.