Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Why the Bills suck (part of a Deadspin series):

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-buffalo-bills-1724824323

Always a must read.

I chuckled. I was really looking forward to this one, though. It was a pretty big letdown from the last 2 years. The fan comments on all of them have been pretty weak this year.

As did Wawrow.

The reports don't conflict per se. Some national guys reported that there were discussions about Rice. Then the local guys reported that there was no way, no how any such discussions would lead to the Bills making an offer to Rice.

To my surprise, I would not be averse to the Bills signing the guy *if* he could help the team. (Basic take: He did an awful thing, he's paid a substantial price, and he should be allowed to return to his line of work.) I just don't think he can help any NFL team.

As did Wawrow.

The reports don't conflict per se. Some national guys reported that there were discussions about Rice. Then the local guys reported that there was no way, no how any such discussions would lead to the Bills making an offer to Rice.

To my surprise, I would not be averse to the Bills signing the guy *if* he could help the team. (Basic take: He did an awful thing, he's paid a substantial price, and he should be allowed to return to his line of work.) I just don't think he can help any NFL team.

Internal discussion about Ray Rice:

A:  What do you think about Ray Rice?

B:  No.

A:  We sure?

B:  Yep.  Not happening.

That is one possible "internal discussion" about Ray Rice.

Sorry, Ray Rice literally punched a woman hard enough to knock her unconscious and then dragged her from an elevator. Sure the Bills could have and may have had in the past players who have committed similar acts, but this one we have video of.  It is a very violent crime and how he isn't in jail idk.  I want him nowhere near the Bills.  Personally I don't like the kid who punched Geno Smith either but a pro athlete punch a woman, that to me is just disgusting.

Here let's watch...

Edited by LGR4GM

Dude he punched his wife in the face. He's a horrible human being. He should be lucky ANYONE is willing to give him a job doing ANYTHING. 

He did a horrible, terrible thing. I don't know the man. I'd like to think that is the worst thing he has ever done, and that we are all better than the worst thing we've ever done.

He did a horrible, terrible thing. I don't know the man. I'd like to think that is the worst thing he has ever done, and that we are all better than the worst thing we've ever done.

Who else should we extend that line of thought to? What other types of violent crimes are we giving people mulligans on? 

Whoa.  That's really liberating.  Not to threadjack, but that is really a great thought.  

Back to Ray Rice:  Not gonna happen.  Not worth talking about anymore.  

Who else should we extend that line of thought to? What other types of violent crimes are we giving people mulligans on? 

I hold that line of thought as a general principle. People who repeatedly do awful things tend not to get its benefit from me. And I didn't say he should get a mulligan.

I should provide some context: I've grown a bit weary of the paradigm that dictates that professional athletes should be subjected to greater scrutiny and more severe penalties than people in other sectors of the work force. It's not even entirely rational. I'm just tired of that whole shtick. I think the fatigue comes from my antipathy with the NFL appointing and branding itself as some bastion of 'Murican virtue (THE SHIELD!). Screw that. I think it also stems from the fact that I don't particularly care whether a player is a model citizen or a good guy (although hooray if he is (see Goodwin)); what I really mostly want is for the player to help my preferred team win games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.