Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Can anyone explain me the rational behind wanting to trade EJ? If he has the potential to be a good QB then he is exactly what we need, even on the bench...

He is a little erratic.  But when he's on, he's on.  I don't mind if he starts; I don't mind if Taylor starts.  If Casel starts, I'll know the staff are cowards.

Bill Burr on going to a Bills game.  WARNING:  This man uses objectionable language about every fourth word.

Well worth the listen, that was hilarious.

As for the game, I missed it being at work, but everything I've heard about Taylor indicates hes the starter. To those that did watch it, how does he look under pressure in the pocket? Is he willing to take some heat for a rout to develop or is it immediate scramble?

Can anyone explain me the rational behind wanting to trade EJ? If he has the potential to be a good QB then he is exactly what we need, even on the bench...

If you think Taylor is better and you can get something of value for EJ, it makes sense. 

Well worth the listen, that was hilarious.

As for the game, I missed it being at work, but everything I've heard about Taylor indicates hes the starter. To those that did watch it, how does he look under pressure in the pocket? Is he willing to take some heat for a rout to develop or is it immediate scramble?

I don't think the Pittsburgh defense knows what QB pressure is.

Agreed on everything. I just don't see the benefit of trading him

A 4th rounder is worth more than a 3rd string QB.

If you think Taylor is better and you can get something of value for EJ, it makes sense.

A 4th rounder is worth more than a 3rd string QB.

I don't really follow. Isn't a QB with potential more valuable? Why not have depth with potential at our weakest position. And the most important position.

Besides that, going into the season with Taylor and cassel would be one injury away from LOL. A 4th rounder doesn't have more value than depth with potential at QB. That should be something every organization tries to acquire.

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

My thoughts on the day:

Anything but Tyrod is a strange decision. He locked up the job today.

Matt Cassel is "Meh Cassel." Backup.

EJ did just enough to become valuable in a trade.

The defense was butt.

Sorry buddy. EJ's not as bad as you want us to believe.

I don't really follow. Isn't a QB with potential more valuable? Why not have depth with potential at our weakest position. And the most important position.

Besides that, going into the season with Taylor and cassel would be one injury away from LOL. A 4th rounder doesn't have more value than depth with potential at QB. That should be something every organization tries to acquire.

They don't know what they're talking about. We've been looking for a QB for 20 years and now that we have two good ones, they want to trade one for a 4th rounder or whatever.

Bill Burr on going to a Bills game.  WARNING:  This man uses objectionable language about every fourth word.  

Good, funny listen.

That's what I love about our fans.  We'll ###### talk with anyone for fun, especially the Patriots- and even team up with fans of teams we're playing against to ###### talk Patriots fans.  And it goes right up to where it should: the hilarious blind dick-out trough-shove. And no farther.  At the end of the day, everyone has a laugh and no one gets killed like it's Oakland.  No one gets spit on like a Boston bar.  Burr thinks he would get an auto ass beating in this scenario, but that just isn't the case.  We'll laugh and get drunk with him after.  Just like he's a Leaf fan.

EJ or Taylor.  I prefer EJ (bigger upside) but whatever.  I don't see a need to have Cassel on this team at all.

Agreed.  I think EJ and Taylor show two very different looks, and that could make opposing defenses have to prepare that much more.  Maybe Cassel's a good veteran backup/signal caller, but he's not the #1 going forward.

Edited by Munchma Quchi

Sorry buddy. EJ's not as bad as you want us to believe.

They don't know what they're talking about. We've been looking for a QB for 20 years and now that we have two good ones, they want to trade one for a 4th rounder or whatever.

On your first part: I don't care what others believe about EJ. This preseason (outside of practices) makes it seem like EJ has made some legit progress. I'm still not a believer, but I won't break anything if he's named the starter. It's him or Tyrod. I think Tyrod should have the obvious edge, but who knows.

On the second part: saying a group of people doesn't know anything is obnoxious (innit, freeman?). Let's slow down with these claims that we have two good QBs (or one for that matter).

I do believe getting a pick out of EJ or Cassel would be a good move, but I think EJ is the only one with even a little value. If we just keep him that's fine too. Being cautious is okay.

EJ or Taylor.  I prefer EJ (bigger upside) but whatever.  I don't see a need to have Cassel on this team at all.

If they hadn't gone 15 years w/out a playoff berth, I'd be on board w/ all that. The ultimate goal is SB and EJ's ceiling is the highest (& his floor is the lowest) so theoretically he'd give them the best LT chance at that.

But 15 years is a loooonnng time. My kids don't remember watching a Bills playoff game. Taylor (IMHO) gives them the best chance at playoffs this year. And w/ the rest of the tools this team has, I could see them winning this year or next if they catch a couple of breaks.

Cassel can manage a game or 2 if necessary. But he's not leading them to the promised land. I expect they'll keep him as an insurance policy.

On your first part: I don't care what others believe about EJ. This preseason (outside of practices) makes it seem like EJ has made some legit progress. I'm still not a believer, but I won't break anything if he's named the starter. It's him or Tyrod. I think Tyrod should have the obvious edge, but who knows.

On the second part: saying a group of people doesn't know anything is obnoxious (innit, freeman?). Let's slow down with these claims that we have two good QBs (or one for that matter).

I do believe getting a pick out of EJ or Cassel would be a good move, but I think EJ is the only one with even a little value. If we just keep him that's fine too. Being cautious is okay.

Two weeks ago you crapped on him for allegedly throwing a ball near a tent during a practice. Now it's the "Let's be cautious" card.

You're never wrong. Just admit it.

Two weeks ago you crapped on him for allegedly throwing a ball near a tent during a practice. Now it's the "Let's be cautious" card.

You're never wrong. Just admit it.

I'm wrong all the time. I don't know what you're trying to do but it's not working.

I'm not confident in EJ. He was incredible today, though. His throw to Gragg on the sideline was the best Bills QB throw I've seen in a long time.

I did crap on him for hitting the tent. I shared the tweet and laughed. That's a pretty reasonable response to a guy hitting a tent that isn't all that close to the field.

Rex said the decision will be made tomorrow. It won't be announced.

Matt Simms, barring injury, will play every snap of the Lions game.

Edited by Hoss

I don't think I remember watching a bills playoff game.

I ain't puttin' you through college too! :p

I'm wrong all the time. I don't know what you're trying to do but it's not working.

I'm not confident in EJ. He was incredible today, though. His throw to Gragg on the sideline was the best Bills QB throw I've seen in a long time.

I did crap on him for hitting the tent. I shared the tweet and laughed. That's a pretty reasonable response to a guy hitting a tent that isn't all that close to the field.

So Rex learned something from having Sanchez in the game in the 4th trying to win a friggin' exhibition game? Cool.

Try as I may, I don't have the faintest idea who the Bills are going with at QB. On the one hand I can totally see Rex going through a personal "Ghosts of Genos past" where an inexperienced and up-and-down QB gets him fired, and goes with the "safe" (I use this very loosely) Matt Cassel. On the other hand, he may look back on those Sanchez-led Jets teams and think "Man if I just had a QB who could make some plays, I might've been in the Super Bowl" and go with Tyrod or EJ. Rex did say in his postgame tonight that the #1 thing they look at is practice reps, and Cassel has continually had the most with the #1s, which makes me think he's their guy. But man, I don't know how anyone watching these games, coach or otherwise, could see the Cassel selection as a slam dunk.

If they hadn't gone 15 years w/out a playoff berth, I'd be on board w/ all that. The ultimate goal is SB and EJ's ceiling is the highest (& his floor is the lowest) so theoretically he'd give them the best LT chance at that.

But 15 years is a loooonnng time. My kids don't remember watching a Bills playoff game. Taylor (IMHO) gives them the best chance at playoffs this year. And w/ the rest of the tools this team has, I could see them winning this year or next if they catch a couple of breaks.

Cassel can manage a game or 2 if necessary. But he's not leading them to the promised land. I expect they'll keep him as an insurance policy.

Cassel is a zero and he should be cut to make room for just about anything else.

Try as I may, I don't have the faintest idea who the Bills are going with at QB. On the one hand I can totally see Rex going through a personal "Ghosts of Genos past" where an inexperienced and up-and-down QB gets him fired, and goes with the "safe" (I use this very loosely) Matt Cassel. On the other hand, he may look back on those Sanchez-led Jets teams and think "Man if I just had a QB who could make some plays, I might've been in the Super Bowl" and go with Tyrod or EJ. Rex did say in his postgame tonight that the #1 thing they look at is practice reps, and Cassel has continually had the most with the #1s, which makes me think he's their guy. But man, I don't know how anyone watching these games, coach or otherwise, could see the Cassel selection as a slam dunk.

Tyrod has had the most reps with the 1s for the last several weeks in practice, to be clear. I don't remember a time that Cassel was getting significantly or consistently more than the other two.

If practices are what matter most then EJ has no chance (I still don't think he does).

Good for Matt Simms, and it's a smart move.  I'd love it if the other ten players on O and the eleven on D came from local high schools.

Tyrod has had the most reps with the 1s for the last several weeks in practice, to be clear. I don't remember a time that Cassel was getting significantly or consistently more than the other two.

If practices are what matter most then EJ has no chance (I still don't think he does).

Has anyone publicly been keeping track of the reps? Not saying you're wrong, but following stuff on Twitter that's definitely not my memory of things at all.

Has anyone publicly been keeping track of the reps? Not saying you're wrong, but following stuff on Twitter that's definitely not my memory of things at all.

Everyone is reporting that (Taylor is getting the reps with the first team).  What are you reading?

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.