Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

Amerks with a nice 3-0 win over the Wild. Good work against a sharp looking Iowa team. Makarov with a well deserved shutout. McCabe was a healthy scratch. Brodie Reid has been a beast since day one. He had another goal tonight. That's 3 in 3 games. He is everywhere he should be. Sets up camp in front of the net and isn't easily moved for a guy that's listed at 195 lbs. I'd keep an eye on this guy. I think he would be an upgrade over Flynn.(And I really like Flynn) Shift changes were better. Leduc looks decent when he is paired with Pysyk. As always Schaller was solid. A no-brainer call up IMO. New guy Pelech doesn't seem to have a long run here. Not much to see there. There seems to be a rotating door at back up goaltender with Luwein injured, Fullerton released, Nagle on a PTO and Hackett a healthy scratch. Seems GMTM isn't afraid to pull the trigger. I like it. More wins please.

Yikes. Better not pencil him in for a top-6 slot in Buffalo next year just yet.

Brawndo posted this in a separate thread, but I think it's more relevant here:

Kevin Oklobzija @kevinoDandC

BREAKING: #Amerks goalie Nathan Lieuwen to miss significant time due to lingering effects of April concussion: on.rocne.ws/1BLSQR3

He's had concussion issues since Juniors. They've basically derailed his career. :(

Yikes. Better not pencil him in for a top-6 slot in Buffalo next year just yet.

Well he has another half season to improve i hope.

I believe it was one of those teaching moments vs him actually being the Amerks 7th best defenseman.

I sure hope you're right man. He did have an assist last night. He also had several turn overs. A couple at the blueline and a real nasty one in the corner. Turned it over right in front of the net for a good scoring chance. The fans are starting to turn on him. I heard a few regulars calling for his head last night. It's as good a time as any for him to start getting it together.

Grigorenko and Varrone were returned to Rochester

Good. They may as well play in Rochester and leave the tire fire in Buffalo until next year. If anyone needs to go back to Elmira to make room, I'd rather see Kea go. Tassone played very well last night. Lots of hustle and some good hits. He even had a few scoring chances.

Brady Austin continues to impress me. Big kid that's not afraid to use his size. One of those little Monster ran Makarov last night and Austin stepped in to fight the guy. Not a great fight because said Monster was trying his best to tie him up and not take it in the face. Austin took the extra two for roughing as he punched the guy in the face as he went to the ice. I was more than happy to take the extra two minutes just to show the opposition that running out goaltender is a big NO NO!

Hall of fame night this evening and the wife is driving. Beer Beer Beer. Go Amerks!

I finally got to see the Amerks claim victory down here in Austin TX, as they won 6-5 over the Stars on a late Larsson goal. I am baffled that there were so many goals scored... although poor goaltending by the Stars, goalie pulled after the 'merks' fifth goal, I think.

Makarov with the win, but at least three of his 5 goals were incredible plays by Texas.

Some absolutely brutal neutral zone passing from the 'merks.

Catenacci was not confident with the puck.

Larsson with a very undisciplined penalty late in the third to allow Texas to te it at 5 on the PP.

Defense slow to react around our own net, countless times, especially on a few of those Texas goals. Ruhwedel especially looked lost, haha.

Schaller looked great with the puck. Pysyk looked great, physical.

Samuels-Thomas tries really hard, he's a worker.

Grigorenko didn't stand out.

Grigorenko didn't stand out.

Yet he put up 3 points (a goal and two primary assists). I'm happy for him to not stand out in the NHL then

Grigorenko, whilst admittedly 1 year older, has more points per game than Foresberg had in the AHL last year. I'm not saying he'll be that good, but its nice that he is playing well

Edited by ThirtyEight

Yet he put up 3 points (a goal and two primary assists). I'm happy for him to not stand out in the NHL then

Grigorenko, whilst admittedly 1 year older, has more points per game than Foresberg had in the AHL last year. I'm not saying he'll be that good, but its nice that he is playing well

... And Larsson scored the game winner.

Grigorenko has seven points in the last three games (all road games). Now tied for the team lead with 29 points (in 34 games).

That's in two less games than Varone, who he is tied with.

Maybe he learnt sumtim h-earh.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.