Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

Wow without Grigs, Armia and Adam, this team is vacant of quality scoring. Their top line is Varone-Irwin-Schaller. They won 4-1 yesterday but I'm not sure they had 4 scoring chances. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Ruhwedel is probably their best player now. Eeeesh.

Yeah they need an influx of young talent next year.

We'll already be adding Armia, Grigorenko, Larsson, and maybe even Schaller up front. I wouldn't mind letting Reinhart start the season in the AHL.

And Reinhart is probably already better than each and every one of those guys at this minute. I wouldn't be shocked to see Reinhart in the AHL for the first ten games or so, but I still fully expect him in the NHL next year.

And Reinhart is probably already better than each and every one of those guys at this minute. I wouldn't be shocked to see Reinhart in the AHL for the first ten games or so, but I still fully expect him in the NHL next year.

Well, duh. If Reinhart isn't better than each of those guys, we're in some trouble as an organization.

But he'd probably still benefit from some AHL time. Risto and Girgensons did, and it seems like Armia and Grigorenko did as well. I don't want to be like the Oilers (or even the last couple years of the Regier Sabres) where we're rushing guys to the NHL just for management to make a statement about how smart they are.

Wow without Grigs, Armia and Adam, this team is vacant of quality scoring. Their top line is Varone-Irwin-Schaller. They won 4-1 yesterday but I'm not sure they had 4 scoring chances. Ugly, ugly, ugly. Ruhwedel is probably their best player now. Eeeesh.

I really don't understand why almost every time Ruhwedel is mentioned, it is in a negative way (not that you are doing that here, but it happens often.)

From what I saw of him with the Sabres, he was not a tire fire even in his first few games, and the games I saw Rochester play on tv and in person, he seemed pretty good. Kinda like a guy that would be decent as a #3 or #4 guy, and a pretty damn great guy to have on your #5 or #6 pairing.

I really don't understand why almost every time Ruhwedel is mentioned, it is in a negative way (not that you are doing that here, but it happens often.)

From what I saw of him with the Sabres, he was not a tire fire even in his first few games, and the games I saw Rochester play on tv and in person, he seemed pretty good. Kinda like a guy that would be decent as a #3 or #4 guy, and a pretty damn great guy to have on your #5 or #6 pairing.

I've noticed this too, I'm rooting for the San Diego kid to make it up to the Sabres someday.

Yesterday's game was one of the better recent games. They started strong in the first but had a rough time the remainder of the period. They came out hard the next two thankfully. Crunch had a lot of PP but that was more a result of poor officiating than poor play. I thought the first time we played Utica was the worst job I'd ever seen by a ref(I think there was only one that game) but yesterday was insane. D'Amigo got a 5 min major for fighting after he was jumped from behind having his helmet ripped off, dragged slew foot style to the ice and his head split wide open. Schaller was called for a crosscheck in a situation where he never even touched the guy. Blatant. Obvious. The Crunch took one interference call I think but they were holding everywhere on the ice. I saw one in particular where Schaller had an arm wrapped completely around his neck in the corner going for the puck. I don't want to whine too much about the officials but it was really ridiculous. The justice, though, came in the way of a shorty for the Amerks. Our PK was fantastic all day. We nearly had more than one shorty.

I agree with Ink's assessment of Ried. From what I've seen in his two games, this guy is a keeper. Good forechecking and a badger-like persistence led to his unassisted goal. The thing I am most impressed by... he can play with anyone it seems. No chemistry necessary. Rudy was the best man on the ice. He has a great shot from the point and usually always has his man tied up.

Makarov was once again a force out there. He made some impressive glove saves.

I know there are a lot of folks looking forward to McCabe playing for the Sabres. Not me! He turned it over in his own zone twice on the same PK! His passing needs too much work for my liking and he still has that lazy glide to the bench for the change. Why leave your team a man down while you saunter over to bench? You do realize your relief can't take the ice until your in the vicinty of the bench, right? Somehow he is out there for PP and PK though.(Deepening my dislike of Cassidy)

The best part of the whole game was the absence of the guy who sits in front of me. You probably know the guy. Yep. The one who screams "shoot it" no matter what scenario or where possession is. I agree that one of the faults of this team is their reluctance at times to take the shot. They do not, however, need to shoot willy nilly.

I still have faith in the talent level of this team. I still stick by my opinion that Cassidy needs to go. There are a lot of good plays made. Just in need of someone to clean up the sloppy stuff that gets them into trouble. I wasn't a huge fan of Ron but he took care of the slop. Please GMTM, find us a real coach. I want another Calder. We deserve it!

This is all opinion though. Seen through somewhat beery eyes.

I very been the one leading the anti-rudy charge. I just don't think he excels enough at anything to be NHL caliber.

Amerks with a nice 3-0 win over the Wild. Good work against a sharp looking Iowa team. Makarov with a well deserved shutout. McCabe was a healthy scratch. Brodie Reid has been a beast since day one. He had another goal tonight. That's 3 in 3 games. He is everywhere he should be. Sets up camp in front of the net and isn't easily moved for a guy that's listed at 195 lbs. I'd keep an eye on this guy. I think he would be an upgrade over Flynn.(And I really like Flynn) Shift changes were better. Leduc looks decent when he is paired with Pysyk. As always Schaller was solid. A no-brainer call up IMO. New guy Pelech doesn't seem to have a long run here. Not much to see there. There seems to be a rotating door at back up goaltender with Luwein injured, Fullerton released, Nagle on a PTO and Hackett a healthy scratch. Seems GMTM isn't afraid to pull the trigger. I like it. More wins please.

Well, to spoof Tom Cullens..."G O O N...That spells Matt Pelech." I do agree that this team is in need of some toughness. They let themselves get pushed around too much but I am not in favor of using a roster spot for a guy with his stats. I'd much rather have a tough guy that is actually good at the hockey as well. The John Scott types don't have a place in either league IMO. Guys like Deslauriers and Kaleta are the type of guys that I prefer to watch play(over a pure goon that is). GMTM, please keep trying though. I like seeing progressive managing. PTOs are our friend at this point in the season. Once again, IMO. Go Amerks!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.