Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

The Amerks problems can't be pinned on any one thing really.I go to every game. I may miss a Wednesday here and there. I feel the time is ripe to replace Cassidy. There is too much talent on this team. Seems he plays guys that are struggling when he has other options. Jake McCabe is my biggest gripe. His passing is terrible. Constantly misreading plays and turning the puck over.He had a goal last friday but coughed up at least five times. I was really hoping for better out of him. The thing that irks me the most is that Vanek-like coast to the bench for the change. For God's sake! Hustle!!! You're getting paid for this! I don't care that you're bummed you're not in Buffalo. You don't even play like you belong in Rochester!

Armia runs around like he has two heads. Finishes every check and runs his ass off to make the change. Thumbs up as well for Brady Austin. He works as hard as Armia. Grigs gets thumbs up from me as well. He has great vision out there. Like I've said...Cassidy doesn't use them right. My final stand out is Luwein and not in a good way. I took my father in law to sit in my wife's seat and the score was 3-0 before he even made a single save! He makes little old ladies I've seen sit there quietly for years shout out loud.

GMTM needs to find an upgrade behind the bench.

Good post. Keep 'em coming.

And perhaps you might at some point explain your screen name?

I wonder if Matt is ready to Hackett

From D & C

Matt Hackett may rejoin Amerks soon

BUFFALO Since his days as a kid back in London, Ontario, playing youth hockey, Matt Hackett has been all about competition. You can't be a goalie without possessing a love of the one-on-one showdown, without thriving on the challenge. Which is why Hackett has been going a bit stir crazy for the past month or more. Making saves on NHL 15 on PlayStation doesn't quite fill the void. Reconstructive knee surgery on May 28 has kept him on injured reserve all season. He's allowed to skate in practice with the Buffalo Sabres. He faces shots every day. They just don't count. His only real competition is with himself and his knee. It's getting old.

http://on.rocne.ws/1zQDCZS

• 2 weeks later...

They've battled back twice so far.

Grigorekno really benefits from having Varone on his wing.

McCabe throws with Paradis who tries to injure McPherson with a knee.

What's wrong with the Amerks? They sound just like the Sabres.

"The Amerks as a team have scored only 11 goals in the past eight games (one win, seven losses)..... Heading into Friday’s 7:30 p.m. game at Hamilton, just one team in the 30-team AHL has a worse points-earned percentage than Rochester."

What's wrong with the Amerks? They sound just like the Sabres.

"The Amerks as a team have scored only 11 goals in the past eight games (one win, seven losses)..... Heading into Friday’s 7:30 p.m. game at Hamilton, just one team in the 30-team AHL has a worse points-earned percentage than Rochester."

The coaching down there is piss poor. They look like the Oilers for long stretches of games. I hate to say it but they need to pull Ron Rolston out of the stands and get him back behind the bench.

Couple thoughts on tonight's game:

-Armia is looking for Grigorenko a lot, and it has resulted in a few great looks.

-Schaller does the little things so well, but he still gives me the feel of an AHL for-lifer.

-Ruhwedel is quick and smart. Keeps the puck in and has a quick release. Still a pretty bad defender.

-This team is full of guys with terrible hand-eye coordination. Plenty of chances at the open net but just start chopping instead of being calm and making the play.

-Lieuwen is terrible. No way he should ever touch NHL ice again. Once Hackett is healthy send Lieuwen to Elmira or packing.

Edited by Tank

Brayden Irwin is just not good. He tries hard and is a good team guy but he's has 3 point blank chances in front of the net and missed the puck everytime. Tank, you thought it was a multitude of players missing those opportunities, nope just hands of Irwin.

Well Dalpe and Larsson both missed point blank. Irwin had two golden chances. One he missed and the other he tried using his skate instead of his stick (in his defense it was a pass meant for a lefty that went to a righty).

Joel Armia is fun to watch. The puck just sticks to him like velcro. He's going to be good, better than Grigs. Reminds me of a better skating, more physical version of Vanek. He might not pot 40 goals but I could see him as a 60 point player.

Well Dalpe and Larsson both missed point blank. Irwin had two golden chances. One he missed and the other he tried using his skate instead of his stick (in his defense it was a pass meant for a lefty that went to a righty).

Thanks bro

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.