Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

Q to Inky and any others that have been watching the 'merks. Do you think that Carrier could, in a couple of seasons, be a legit #2 LW at the NHL level? If yes, would you expect the CGA line reunited in the NHL either next year or the year after?

The reason for the Q. If he can, the Sabres might have 2 good/reasonably good scoring lines in '16-'17:

Moulson - Eichel (fingers crossed) - Reinhart

Carrier - Grigorenko - Armia.

Q to Inky and any others that have been watching the 'merks. Do you think that Carrier could, in a couple of seasons, be a legit #2 LW at the NHL level? If yes, would you expect the CGA line reunited in the NHL either next year or the year after?

The reason for the Q. If he can, the Sabres might have 2 good/reasonably good scoring lines in '16-'17:

Moulson - Eichel (fingers crossed) - Reinhart

Carrier - Grigorenko - Armia.

Drool. Even if it's not Carrier and Armia on our second line it could easily be Bailey, Baptiste, Hurley, Compher, or one of our other prospects that develops.

Fasching, too.

Yes and yes!

I have been watching a lot of Amerks and NCAA hockey this year, and I absolutely love the Carrier-Grigorenko-Armia line and hope they stay together all year. As for Fasching, I love the kid's game, especially if he can get a little bit of a meanstreak. (He's always in the right spot too.)

I don't understand how people cannot see how bright the future is...even if only half these kids develop, that's a full team. Lol.

I don't think Moulson lasts here that long either, next year might be his last once the kids develop...or a younger player is traded for.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Can someone familiar with AHL roster rules enlighten me regarding late season additions? Do they get roster exemptions for junior players whose seasons have ended to join the roster or do they have to cut or waive players? I assume they must be under an ELC. Much appreciated.

Can someone familiar with AHL roster rules enlighten me regarding late season additions? Do they get roster exemptions for junior players whose seasons have ended to join the roster or do they have to cut or waive players? I assume they must be under an ELC. Much appreciated.

Must be under ELC, yes. Not sure if they get roster exemptions.

So the idea that Reinhart, Bailey, Baptiste and Lemieux joining the Amerks for the playoffs could be a bit of a stretch?

Watching the Merks the last 30 years, it's rare for a kid to come into the lineup after junior or college and have an impact. The college kids seem to have better success though, rudy and Flynn being good examples.

The logjam is what seems problematic.

It's not and it won't be. Any spots that need to be opened up will when the time is right.

Kevin Oklobzija @kevinoDandC · 32m32 minutes ago

GM Tim Murray joked that he can't necessarily judge
based on their points because "We don't score in this organization.
"

Although it'll be awhile before we know if Murray really knows what he's doing, damn am I pulling for him (and not just for the Sabres to be good). I simply cannot imagine going back to a normal GM :lol:

Akim Aliu cut...

Perhaps because he earned a stupid 10 minute misconduct penalty on Saturday night? I still have no idea what it was for but he must have said something to the ref while the ref was calling a penalty against Samuels-Thomas. No clue.

Perhaps because he earned a stupid 10 minute misconduct penalty on Saturday night? I still have no idea what it was for but he must have said something to the ref while the ref was calling a penalty against Samuels-Thomas. No clue.

Or three straight icing calls during the last 90 seconds of Game they were trying to put away. That screams selfish player all day. He was trying to score empty net goals to pad his stats vs help the team win.

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.