Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

FYI... The Amerks are an AHL worst 2-7-1 in their last 10 games. What happened to "we have the best prospect pool in all of hockey"? :(

Maybe not the best minor league coach? Or the best goaltending prospects?

But hey, let's not waste any of our 37 first and second round picks on a goalie, right?

FYI... The Amerks are an AHL worst 2-7-1 in their last 10 games. What happened to "we have the best prospect pool in all of hockey"? :(

A lot of the names thrown around heavily are currently in juniors (or Ristolainen and Zadorov). I wonder what is hurting the team though. All our praise isn't directed at the goalies so without seeing the team play, I wonder if that is holding them back at all.

Well considering Baptiste, Bailey, Compher, Zadorov, Ristolainen, Fasching, Possler, Olofsson, Ullmark, Reinhart, and Lemieux all don't play for the Amerks, yes we have the best prospect system in the NHL.

I should add that Bailey, Baptiste, Reinhart can all be added to the Amerks starting next season.

Maybe not the best minor league coach? Or the best goaltending prospects?

But hey, let's not waste any of our 37 first and second round picks on a goalie, right?

Maybe a second round pick but unless you see Dominek Hasek in the 1st round it is a waste to take a goaltender with a 1st.

We have Makarov, Ullmark and Petersson in the system and all look like they could be NHL GT. This year if the 2nd round had a guy feel free to grab him.

Well considering Baptiste, Bailey, Compher, Zadorov, Ristolainen, Fasching, Possler, Olofsson, Ullmark, Reinhart, and Lemieux all don't play for the Amerks, yes we have the best prospect system in the NHL.

I should add that Bailey, Baptiste, Reinhart can all be added to the Amerks starting next season.

My statement may have been somewhat unfair, but something is VERY WRONG with the Amerks. Highly touted prospects Armia, Grigs, Larsson, Pysyk, McCabe, two good young goalies in Lieuwen & Makarov, and solid AHL vets Petrecki, Bagnall, Ellis, Adam, etc... should not equal the worst team in the AHL over the last several weeks.

I want to see the young players in a winning environment, not one that is competing with their parent club for who sucks more on any given night.

My statement may have been somewhat unfair, but something is VERY WRONG with the Amerks. Highly touted prospects Armia, Grigs, Larsson, Pysyk, McCabe, two good young goalies in Lieuwen & Makarov, and solid AHL vets Petrecki, Bagnall, Ellis, Adam, etc... should not equal the worst team in the AHL over the last several weeks.

I want to see the young players in a winning environment, not one that is competing with their parent club for who sucks more on any given night.

I've never been a big fan of Chad Cassidy but I don't see near enough games for me to judge that team. Could be just a bump in the road, most teams go up and down.

Lieuwen has a save % of. 882. That's been a big part of the problem.

The Amerks problems can't be pinned on any one thing really.I go to every game. I may miss a Wednesday here and there. I feel the time is ripe to replace Cassidy. There is too much talent on this team. Seems he plays guys that are struggling when he has other options. Jake McCabe is my biggest gripe. His passing is terrible. Constantly misreading plays and turning the puck over.He had a goal last friday but coughed up at least five times. I was really hoping for better out of him. The thing that irks me the most is that Vanek-like coast to the bench for the change. For God's sake! Hustle!!! You're getting paid for this! I don't care that you're bummed you're not in Buffalo. You don't even play like you belong in Rochester!

Armia runs around like he has two heads. Finishes every check and runs his ass off to make the change. Thumbs up as well for Brady Austin. He works as hard as Armia. Grigs gets thumbs up from me as well. He has great vision out there. Like I've said...Cassidy doesn't use them right. My final stand out is Luwein and not in a good way. I took my father in law to sit in my wife's seat and the score was 3-0 before he even made a single save! He makes little old ladies I've seen sit there quietly for years shout out loud.

GMTM needs to find an upgrade behind the bench.

The Amerks problems can't be pinned on any one thing really.I go to every game. I may miss a Wednesday here and there. I feel the time is ripe to replace Cassidy. There is too much talent on this team. Seems he plays guys that are struggling when he has other options. Jake McCabe is my biggest gripe. His passing is terrible. Constantly misreading plays and turning the puck over.He had a goal last friday but coughed up at least five times. I was really hoping for better out of him. The thing that irks me the most is that Vanek-like coast to the bench for the change. For God's sake! Hustle!!! You're getting paid for this! I don't care that you're bummed you're not in Buffalo. You don't even play like you belong in Rochester!

Armia runs around like he has two heads. Finishes every check and runs his ass off to make the change. Thumbs up as well for Brady Austin. He works as hard as Armia. Grigs gets thumbs up from me as well. He has great vision out there. Like I've said...Cassidy doesn't use them right. My final stand out is Luwein and not in a good way. I took my father in law to sit in my wife's seat and the score was 3-0 before he even made a single save! He makes little old ladies I've seen sit there quietly for years shout out loud.

GMTM needs to find an upgrade behind the bench.

I enjoy your opinions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.