Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

Maybe they had that lineup for 10-15 games. I'm not going to excuse Cassidy I just don't think he had a good team, at all. They signed about 40 guys to PTOs. They set a franchise record for amount of players in one season.

The Amerks were a mess long before Varone and Larsson were sent up. The Amerks were one of the top scoring teams in the AHL. Was that credit to Cassidy or the fact they had several talented players? Mainly three first round picks. I know they relied heavily on veteran defensive pairing of Bagnall and Petrecki, but even when both were healthy for the limited time, the defense wasnt anything to write home about.

I can't imagine how some of those Pacific Division teams are going to survive. Especially the two Texas teams, who probably will have to fly to every game except for the games against each other.

If they are funded by their parents teams, I wonder what the value is of having their fair team closer. Not just travel expenses for call ups but value of being able to attend games and such.

The California teams will be playing the majority of their games in division, so not much out of state travel. And they will play less games than eastern teams. The Texas teams will probably fly out there and then make a bus tour of the state. And they may end up playing more games against Midwest teams in the same time zone. The AHL doesn't have strict rules on number of division games like the NHL, they take distance into account. They sometimes put teams in divisions just to even them out, like putting St. John's in the "New York" division. Charlotte is the real outlier.

I'm guessing St. John's is in the North simply because they move to Laval soon. Overall I think the realignment is as perfect as one could except. The only losers are the cities who had ECHL replace AHL. IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.