Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

...no kidding. I'm not a doctor, but no way would I have been even getting him back into game shape. If nothing else REST

He never even had a firm diagnosis about why it happened in the first place, right? He needs to keep seeing doctors looking for the underlying reason until they come up with a real answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun 'merks game last night. 3-2 OT win over Hamilton. Meaningless game at this point gut good entertainment.  There were a couple guys playing their first games as Amerks, maybe first AHL game?  The goalie, Peters, played well and got his first win (2nd try).  

Carrier looked good, all over the ice, agitating, breaking up plays, solid hits. Didn't notice much offense from him, but he definitely seemed at the top of the talent pool of the guys playing last night.

Ruhwedel looked solid too.  His numbers for the year are better than I expected. 63pm, 8g, 23a

Samuels-Thomas had a nice game.  He created some good chances with his speed and pressure.  Don't think he's a legit NHL prospect, but maybe a solid AHL career here.

Lastly good 'ol Joe Finley was out there for the Bulldogs.  Love the guy but glad he was on the other side of the ice, wonder if he'll be back next year.  

Glad to hear the Carrier report. He's kinda been the forgotten prospect this year.

It would be nice he could become a Mike Grier.

Good call re: Grier.  Reminded me of Zemgus a couple years ago in terms of effort/speed/effectiveness, so maybe like Z he grows and shows some O skill down the road too.

Fun 'merks game last night. 3-2 OT win over Hamilton. Meaningless game at this point gut good entertainment. There were a couple guys playing their first games as Amerks, maybe first AHL game? The goalie, Peters, played well and got his first win (2nd try).

Carrier looked good, all over the ice, agitating, breaking up plays, solid hits. Didn't notice much offense from him, but he definitely seemed at the top of the talent pool of the guys playing last night.

Ruhwedel looked solid too. His numbers for the year are better than I expected. 63pm, 8g, 23a

Samuels-Thomas had a nice game. He created some good chances with his speed and pressure. Don't think he's a legit NHL prospect, but maybe a solid AHL career here.

Lastly good 'ol Joe Finley was out there for the Bulldogs. Love the guy but glad he was on the other side of the ice, wonder if he'll be back next year.

That was a good one. Is it just me or does Mercier seem to be on his ass more than his feet? I finally got to see Pelech do what he does best. It's Pink the Rink Sunday....I got my

t-shirt last night and decided to wear it last night too. My very good friend lost her fight 3 years ago and I've been missing her a lot. So I'll wear mine 2 nights!

That was a good one. Is it just me or does Mercier seem to be on his ass more than his feet? I finally got to see Pelech do what he does best. It's Pink the Rink Sunday....I got my

t-shirt last night and decided to wear it last night too. My very good friend lost her fight 3 years ago and I've been missing her a lot. So I'll wear mine 2 nights!

Yeah Pelech threw down.  I didn't notice Mercier but I've only been to a few games this year.  Roster is a lot of "who?". Grabbed the game notes and referred to it often.

Sorry about your friend.

The Amerks signed Eric Cornel and Brycen Martin to amateur tryouts.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4947606

What a revolving door this year. I like GMTM's approach in a season where layoffs are out of reach. I hope that he is building enough depth to carry both the Sabres and Amerks into deep playoff runs.

What a revolving door this year. I like GMTM's approach in a season where layoffs are out of reach. I hope that he is building enough depth to carry both the Sabres and Amerks into deep playoff runs.

It has been, but these two guys are just coming over to get in a couple of AHL games after their CHL seasons ended. This might have happened even if the Amerks were in the playoffs.

The Sabres and injuries haven't helped out the Amerks much this year though - that's for sure.

It has been, but these two guys are just coming over to get in a couple of AHL games after their CHL seasons ended. This might have happened even if the Amerks were in the playoffs.

The Sabres and injuries haven't helped out the Amerks much this year though - that's for sure.

I've never expected any of the PTO guys to stick around let alone any of those ATOs. It is nice to see a GM pull the trigger and give some different guys a go....though... What do you think about Hart? He has looked decent...Peters has looked far better than I expected..

So the Amerks are one Kootenay loss away from getting Reinhart in the fold.

So Kootenay lost last night (Reinhart with a goal and +2 in a 6-2 loss.... and I think 6G 3A in the seven-game series)... Any word on if he'll be up in Rochester for Friday's game?

So the Amerks are one Kootenay loss away from getting Reinhart in the fold.

Glad to see him in Ra-cha-cha this year.  I'm expecting that'll be where he should be to start next year.  Hope he exceeds my expectations and forces them to keep him up next year.

(IF they manage to not get 1/2 of McEichel, I'd expect he'll be up all year unless TM works some major off-season trades.)

I'm not sure how to take the Reinhart vibe on this board.

I'm not sure if it is a defensive reaction to the Grigorenko experience, an over-reaction to his performance in October, or just a thoughtful reading of the depth chart and the possible presence of McEichel. Probably a combination of all three.

Here are what the last 10 2nd overall picks did in their 2nd season after being drafted:

Barkov (still playing)

69 15 19 34

Murray 

66 4 17 21 10

Landeskog 

81 26 39 65

Seguin 

81 29 38 67

Hedman

79 3 23 26

Doughty 

16 43 59

Van Reimsdyk (Stayed in college, numbers with New Hampshire))

36 17 23 40

Staal (oddly, only half the numbers he put up as an 18-year-old rookie)

82 12 16 28

Ryan (also put up 49 points in 48 games that season in the minors)

23 5 5 10 6

Malkin (stats for third year, locked out in second season)

78 33 52 85

Edited by dudacek

Combination of the three for me.  1. We saw with Grigo that a year in AHL is great even for highly skilled centers 2. If we score McEichel our depth will allow us the ability to ripen him patiently and 3. He didn't look physically suited to the NHL last we saw him.

*IF* we get McEichel and Grigo isn't traded I think Reinhart is the obvious young center to start the season in Rochester.

*IF* either we draft 3rd or Grigo is traded Reinhart starts the year in Buffalo.

Having said that, I wouldn't be shocked if Reinhart earns a spot in the preseason with an NHL ready frame and one of our young centers gets kicked to wing.  It sure would be a nice "problem" to have.

And none of this suggests that Reinhart won't be fine.

Combination of the three for me.  1. We saw with Grigo that a year in AHL is great even for highly skilled centers 2. If we score McEichel our depth will allow us the ability to ripen him patiently and 3. He didn't look physically suited to the NHL last we saw him.

*IF* we get McEichel and Grigo isn't traded I think Reinhart is the obvious young center to start the season in Rochester.

*IF* either we draft 3rd or Grigo is traded Reinhart starts the year in Buffalo.

Having said that, I wouldn't be shocked if Reinhart earns a spot in the preseason with an NHL ready frame and one of our young centers gets kicked to wing.  It sure would be a nice "problem" to have.

And none of this suggests that Reinhart won't be fine.

That said, I think Reinhart will surprise people. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm not sure how to take the Reinhart vibe on this board.

I'm not sure if it is a defensive reaction to the Grigorenko experience, an over-reaction to his performance in October, or just a thoughtful reading of the depth chart and the possible presence of McEichel. Probably a combination of all three.

Here are what the last 10 2nd overall picks did in their 2nd season after being drafted:

Barkov (still playing)

69 15 19 34

Murray 

66 4 17 21 10

Landeskog 

81 26 39 65

Seguin 

81 29 38 67

Hedman

79 3 23 26

Doughty 

16 43 59

Van Reimsdyk (Stayed in college, numbers with New Hampshire))

36 17 23 40

Staal (oddly, only half the numbers he put up as an 18-year-old rookie)

82 12 16 28

Ryan (also put up 49 points in 48 games that season in the minors)

23 5 5 10 6

Malkin (stats for third year, locked out in second season)

78 33 52 85

Good stuff!

After world juniors I'm bullish.  I'm not expecting much of a "wow" factor just very good play all around. (hopefully physical piece has improved, Grinderville aka AHL is a great place to test too).

Grigorenko was considered a risky pick with talent & big upside.  Based on what we've seen I think the scouts nailed it.  I don't think Reinhart brings the same risk.  He's solid, its just a matter of maturity and ultimately if he wants it (a long successful career in nhl).

Edited by bcSaberks

John Vogl

Sam Reinhart's junior team says he has been assigned to the Amerks, but no word from the Sabres on when he'd join. http://kootenayice.net/article/weekly-ice-report-april-8-2015 

Kevin Oklobzija

Sam Reinhart is not with the #Amerks in Cleveland (play LEM Thursday night). Perhaps first to Buffalo for physical, then joins #ROC Friday?

Edited by LGR4GM

Good stuff!

After world juniors I'm bullish.  I'm not expecting much of a "wow" factor just very good play all around. (hopefully physical piece has improved, Grinderville aka AHL is a great place to test too).

Grigorenko was considered a risky pick with talent & big upside.  Based on what we've seen I think the scouts nailed it.  I don't think Reinhart brings the same risk.  He's solid, its just a matter of maturity and ultimately if he wants it (a long successful career in nhl).

Its all about growing into the game for some guys and it is hard for fans and coaches alike to be patient when we that kind of talent in Grigs,  but yeh he was considered a risk because of his lackadaisical attitude at times.  That seems to be changing.  He also seems to react to positive encouragement, not so much the negative stuff, something for Nolan to take credit for.  It will be nice if he keeps progress because his hands are special.  I can see Grigs as a winger, he has the size of Nash and the hands, just needs to keep learning how to play hard.  Having better players around him certainly seems to help him and then his skills come out and they help those guys.

Edited by Fargenov Iceholeski

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.