Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

You stated something as fact. I and some others have disputed that notion. Instead of using any sort of quantitative or qualitative argument to back up your initial post you have these 5 responses to the original which are nothing more than you basically ignoring the arguments put forward against the notion. Further more to me your posts seem dismissive which means there is really no further point to this academic exercise as your mind has already formed a conclusion even if the facts that formed that conclusion are questionable at best.

Even if we read into the amended statement that you meant "Sabres have not had a player on the team that was as good as Derek Roy was while he played for the Sabres" I countered with Jason Pominville who played after Roy left as well as Thomas Vanek. I have also stated that Matt Moulson could arguably fill that same void. Even if you use Roy's best 3 Sabre years, he was 25-28 years old during that span meaning that realistically Tyler Ennis and Cody Hodgson (along with any other forward) should be allowed to reach those peak age years before any comparison or statement about the legacy of Roy can be either confirmed or denied.

Sorry, work got crazy. will respond when I can.

But you still haven't proven anything. :devil:

You stated something as fact. I and some others have disputed that notion. Instead of using any sort of quantitative or qualitative argument to back up your initial post you have these 5 responses to the original which are nothing more than you basically ignoring the arguments put forward against the notion. Further more to me your posts seem dismissive which means there is really no further point to this academic exercise as your mind has already formed a conclusion even if the facts that formed that conclusion are questionable at best.

Even if we read into the amended statement that you meant "Sabres have not had a player on the team that was as good as Derek Roy was while he played for the Sabres" I countered with Jason Pominville who played after Roy left as well as Thomas Vanek. I have also stated that Matt Moulson could arguably fill that same void. Even if you use Roy's best 3 Sabre years, he was 25-28 years old during that span meaning that realistically Tyler Ennis and Cody Hodgson (along with any other forward) should be allowed to reach those peak age years before any comparison or statement about the legacy of Roy can be either confirmed or denied.

Derek's last three years for the Sabres-80gp/69pts, 35gp/35pts, 80gp/44pts. That doesn't even include the years he scored 81 and 70pts.

Matt Moulson has played 44g and has 29pts. Very similar. Thus the "maybe". Pominville and Vanek have similar stats. Thus the "maybe". Hodgson has similar number (sic), same with Ennis. but their defensive game is not as good as Derek's. I'm not saying they won't become better, I don't know, but they haven't been better Sabres yet. And as we know I don't go by stats alone, I still say Derek was better than all of them. Sorry if I peed in your cheerios.

Derek's last three years for the Sabres-80gp/69pts, 35gp/35pts, 80gp/44pts. That doesn't even include the years he scored 81 and 70pts.

Matt Moulson has played 44g and has 29pts. Very similar. Thus the "maybe". Pominville and Vanek have similar stats. Thus the "maybe". Hodgson has similar number (sic), same with Ennis. but their defensive game is not as good as Derek's. I'm not saying they won't become better, I don't know, but they haven't been better Sabres yet. And as we know I don't go by stats alone, I still say Derek was better than all of them. Sorry if I peed in your cheerios.

Jason Pominville IMO was better than Derek Roy as a Sabre. Jason Pominville was IMO most definitely a better defensive forward than Derek Roy. Jason Pominville is still better than Derek Roy now.

You didn't pee in my cheerios you made a statement as fact that I highly disagree with.

My initial comment was that the Sabres have not had a player on the team that was as good as Derek Roy was while he played for the Sabres. I stand by that statement.

I mean you're not going to back off it, but Vanek, Moulson, Pominville and Miller are all definitely better and have been better. Then there is a solid group of maybes.

I think any debate over how good Roy was needs to separate Roy in his prime from Roy after a series of injuries. When Roy was in his prime, he was as good or better than anyone discussed. His prime just didn't last particularly long.

Yep. Which is what I said, but be careful, TBPhD. You didn't put IMO in your post. Be prepared to defend yourself from the wrath of LGR.

Yep. Which is what I said, but be careful, TBPhD. You didn't put IMO in your post. Be prepared to defend yourself from the wrath of LGR.

No you didn't, you back tracked and then finally came full circle to "well I really meant Roy in his prime was the best Sabre" to which I still disagree. Also I was fairly polite in my response to the idea that Derek Roy was the best Sabre we have had in his prime. I have argued at least twice that Jason Pominville was better. You stated something I disagreed, and I still disagree.

You want a real oy. We haven't had a player as good as Roy on the team since he left.

Here is the original start to this discussion.

No you didn't, you back tracked and then finally came full circle to "well I really meant Roy in his prime was the best Sabre" to which I still disagree. Also I was fairly polite in my response to the idea that Derek Roy was the best Sabre we have had in his prime. I have argued at least twice that Jason Pominville was better. You stated something I disagreed, and I still disagree.

Here is the original start to this discussion.

I'll be sure to spell it out for you next time. I never changed what I meant the entire time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.