Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

So basically we are rooting for.

Ottawa / bruins / pittsburgh to win it all

Islanders to lose it all

We losing atleast one more game or arizona winning a game.

I'm feeling dirty and i have just showered

"These are the times that try men's souls."

So basically we are rooting for.

Ottawa / bruins / pittsburgh to win it all

Islanders to lose it all

We losing atleast one more game or arizona winning a game.

I'm feeling dirty and i have just showered

As I quoted in the Calgary v Arizona thread, it will be a very trying next 4 days.  I hope Pittsburgh is bounced.  :D

I don't want the Pens to miss because I don't want Edmonton having another shot at #1.  I want the Pens to make it and the Isles to miss.. because that means the Sabres have an extra shot at #1.

While I dislike the Penguins immensely.. I have to root for them because it's better for the Sabres.

I don't want the Pens to miss because I don't want Edmonton having another shot at #1.  I want the Pens to make it and the Isles to miss.. because that means the Sabres have an extra shot at #1.

While I dislike the Penguins immensely.. I have to root for them because it's better for the Sabres.

This!

The Canucks clinched a spot last night and Ryan Miller is ready to return. They haven't secured home ice yet, so Miller may not get to play until the final game of the season. I'm hoping he plays against Arizona. A rusty Miller may just be the final push we need!

As for some theories above. The West is still the better side. But I noticed no mention of the Canucks. The Canucks are a team that could slide through nicely. They have beaten St Louis over and over again. They played well against both LA and Anaheim and the other night were right there matching the Kings' physical effort. Playoffs can be a matchup game for sure, but we know really good teams get knocked out early and if you can survive round 1, it's anybody's tournament from there on out. 

I noticed the Isles' plight and had no idea they "could" miss the dance, but I doubt they will. If the Pens' game against us matters for Pitt and we haven't locked down #30, then I'm happy to see the Pens bring their best to get in. But if not, how sweet it would be to ask Ehrhoff if he wants to join the boys for some early Spring golfing!

We are talking about an additional 1% chance in the lottery here. That's not going to put anyone over the top in the sweepstakes.

We are talking about an additional 1% chance in the lottery here. That's not going to put anyone over the top in the sweepstakes.

Unless the balls pop out the right way and that 1% (or is it 0.5%?) chance wins. I'd take that slim possibility over seeing some team I dislike miss the playoffs.

You're talking about a 1 in 100 chance of getting all of McEichel.

No, it's a 1% chance of drafting McDavid *and* using our pick to get Eichel or Strome/Marner/Hanifin -- basically the single greatest draft haul in NHL history.

Also something that could only happen in an alternate universe where wonderful things magically happen for Buffalo.

EDIT: For some reason I thought we were talking about the Sabres picking up a lottery ball if the Islanders collapse, not Pittsburg collapsing to help Edmonton.  I denounce myself.

Edited by Robviously

You're talking about a 1 in 100 chance of getting all of McEichel.

Edmonton is drafting 3rd/4th. They either end up with 1 and 14, or 1 and 4. The chance of 1 and 4 is 1%. Plus this is Edmonton. They could draft 1 and 2 and still be in line to get Austin Mathews next year

Edmonton is drafting 3rd/4th. They either end up with 1 and 14, or 1 and 4. The chance of 1 and 4 is 1%. Plus this is Edmonton. They could draft 1 and 2 and still be in line to get Austin Mathews next year

I assume you mean 4 and 14.

As I said, I'll take a 1 in 100 shot at BOTH McDavid and Eichel over the schadenfreude of Pittsburgh missing the playoffs. At this point, I don't think there are any hockey outcomes that I'd prefer over that 1 in 100 chance.

No, it's a 1% chance of drafting McDavid *and* using our pick to get Eichel or Strome/Marner/Hanifin -- basically the single greatest draft haul in NHL history.

Also something that could only happen in an alternate universe where wonderful things magically happen for Buffalo.

EDIT: For some reason I thought we were talking about the Sabres picking up a lottery ball if the Islanders collapse, not Pittsburg collapsing to help Edmonton.  I denounce myself.

I was talking about the sabres and NYI's pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.