Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Release starving badgers.

Seriously, with ratings and attendance strong and the league flush with cash from that big Canadian broadcasting deal, what would the impetus be for such dramatic change? This is a traditional sport with traditional fans who are going to watch no matter what. I hate to say it, but the changes after the lockout are now starting to look like gimmickry intended to make sure fans came back.

I deleted my post. But I'm not sure they play into the Islanders situation. If they win, they'd lock up third I think.

Pitt, Boston, Detroit, and Ottawa all need to finish ahead of the Islanders for the dream scenario to work out.

So Detroit still needs 2 more points.

:-/ Need Boston to score... more  :sick:

look how amazing college hockey is compared to NHL, so much more flow. 

And at the high school level as well!

LA apparently has tee times next week they can't afford to miss. 

Yessir; while I do agree with most here that they sha'n't last long in the playoffs, I am very happy to see Calgary keep pulling out these wins.  They clinched with the win over the Kings tonight.  I have admired their fanbase the past few years... the Saddledome is always rocking... and they always seem to have >50% of fans wearing home jerseys.  I wish I had a complete video of the Calgary feed, but here's the last ~minute of that game:

Yessir; while I do agree with most here that they sha'n't last long in the playoffs, I am very happy to see Calgary keep pulling out these wins.  They clinched with the win over the Kings tonight.  I have admired their fanbase the past few years... the Saddledome is always rocking... and they always seem to have >50% of fans wearing home jerseys.  I wish I had a complete video of the Calgary feed, but here's the last ~minute of that game:

Man, I guess that's why you shouldn't use half of Buffalo's old defense to fill out your roster.  Glad to see Calgary get in. Their fans seem great and excited. 

I'm glad LA missed the playoffs. The regular season needs to mean something. You can't just coast your way through it and then turn it on in the playoffs.

Completely agree with you.  Plus, I'm amped to see the Winnipeg fans go nuts when the puck drops in their building.  When you blow your chances against Edmonton when it means the most, you shouldn't be defending your cup. :P

Edited by TheCerebral1

Completely agree with you.  Plus, I'm amped to see the Winnipeg fans go nuts when the puck drops in their building.  When you blow your chances against Edmonton when it means the most, you shouldn't be defending your cup. :P

Calgary sounded really loud last night too. There's definitely going to be a lot of energy in a few of those arenas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.