Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Listened to Toronto radio, they're now embracing the tank. Copying our plan, I'm now rooting for the Leafs to go on a winning streak.

I thought other teams would do a wait-and-see before following our hell-bent path towards righteousness  Maybe we're a little more justified that our plan could work.  Or maybe the Leafs are just that stupid.

Good to know the officials are now rescinding penalties they later deem incorrect. Keep that in mind.......

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/sidney-crosby-was-sent-to-the-penalty-box-then-the-refs-changed-their-minds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYCZGv_1xcE

At least they got the call right.

It takes a mistake on that level to make RJ forget what team the Sabres are playing.

I was at that game. That play was unreal. Fans of both teams left the arena completely bewildered.

Side note, I'm pretty sure the Devils went to the SCFs the next year. Just sayin'. :devil:

Cody McCloud voted first star mockingly in Dallas.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/cody-mcleod-30-pims-ejection-named-first-star/

I thought what he did was pretty typical stuff in the NHL but Demers thought otherwise and IMHO kinda acted like a bitch hiding behind the ref.

Was it a punch to the face that busted his lip or a stick? I'd complain over that.

To me, the SO goals lose a lot of luster when the shooter almost completely stops then performs 17 dekes only to slide it by the hapless goalie.

Yea I'd rather them just skate in and fire a wrister and hope the goalie doesn't stop it. That way we can have 30 rounds with no goals.

Yea I'd rather them just skate in and fire a wrister and hope the goalie doesn't stop it. That way we can have 30 rounds with no goals.

Kotalik used to do ok with one deke. I think it looks stupid when a guy achieves full speed only to slam on the brakes and drift in like a barge playing tiddley winks with his stick for half an hour.

How does Ron Dugay still look so good? Does it make me gay that I think he is a good looking dude?

He's married to a lady with western NY ties.  He married 80's super model Kim Alexis.  She's from Lockport.  I worked for her father for about 10 years.

Yeah, not relevant to your question really, but........ whatevs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.