Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Love Kessels shot. He's got a certain amount of game. Far from a well rounded player and have you heard him whine since the goings gotten tough in Toronta ? He's not captain material as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't refuse having him on the team but he's really shown his stripes since the shite hit the fan on the leafs. 

I see Kessel ending up out West. Toronto will probably try to get the absolute most they can get out of him but if it's close I think he goes West. How about Joe Thornton and some prospects/picks for Kessel?

If the Leafs want to guarantee they don't win a Cup anytime soon that is the perfect way to continue the trend. 

Kulikov has an in-person hearing scheduled, suspended pending:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=753348

Seguin could miss 3-6 weeks:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=753304

Not sure how I feel about getting 5+ games for that hit. It was an Ill-placed hip check. It wasn't a hit to the head and it wasn't intent to injure. Not sure that's worthy of 5+.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Not sure how I feel about getting 5+ games for that hit. It was an Ill-placed hip check. It wasn't a hit to the head and it wasn't intent to injure. Not sure that's worthy of 5+.

Yeah, but it's the NHL, so...

I think we need Eleven to work out the logic. Neither are MFTs, but Seguin is kind of a star and was injured, so those probably factor in (even if they shouldn't).

Edited by biodork

If the Leafs want to guarantee they don't win a Cup anytime soon that is the perfect way to continue the trend. 

Depends on what the prospects/picks are. San Jose just seems like a good match because they'll probably get bounced early and want to make a big move this offseason. Maybe Hertl could be a part of the deal without Thornton. They could get creative.

Yeah, but it's the NHL, so...

I think we need Eleven to work out the logic. Neither are MFTs, but Seguin is kind of a star and was injured, so those probably factor in (even if they shouldn't).

Unfortunately, you're right. More often than not the league doesn't penalize on the act itself. 

I'm not saying you are wrong, but why would they want a 35 year old centerpiece for kessel?

Because I didn't say that's all they were getting. Amazing, right? "Prospects/picks" doesn't just mean some garbage average prospects and a few mid-round picks. Thornton-to-Toronto has been talked about for ages. He's still a very good center and he could help change their culture. Getting him while also adding some high-end young talent could be a great idea for them.

###### call on Hamilton leads to Ottawa power play goal.  1-0 bad guys.

There's some merit to telling the team that it's Girgensons's team.  Kind of like what they did with Schoeny.

Schoeny was 40 years ago. 

I'd rather not see Girgensons' development hindered by the 'C'. I'd rather see him work on his game without the pressures and the politics that can come with the 'C'. Keep it on a vet until Girgensons is ready down the road, IMO at least.   

Schoeny was 40 years ago. 

I'd rather not see Girgensons' development hindered by the 'C'. I'd rather see him work on his game without the pressures and the politics that can come with the 'C'. Keep it on a vet until Girgensons is ready down the road, IMO at least.   

I get your point; I think there are arguments on both sides.

I'm not clamoring for him to be the captain next year or not, but I do see an upside.  (Crosby, for example, certainly less than 40 years ago.)

I'd take Kessel and that contract in a  heartbeat. One of the premier scorers in the NHL and he is still only 27, sign me up.

I'd hope they at least kick the tires on him. Due to the contract it probably wouldn't take much talent to land him (definitely not equivalent player value). The addition of him, Kane, and hopefully 1/2 of McEichel and then this team could be sliding top line talent down a line in 2 years, rather than the perpetual pulling talent up a line or 2. Would make everybody's jobs easier.

But there is no way in the world that I'd want to see a letter on his chest.

I'm not going to derail the thread. Was just letting you know I wasn't addressing how stupid your reply was because your being the annoying ass no one cares to hear from. Carry on

I haven't had any issues for a while. Seems to be you're the only one with an issue here. My post was nothing. Get over it.

In the Dallas - Avs game, Darryl Reaugh just described the game as "borderline constipated" due to whistles and no flow. :lol:

I wonder how he'd describe a sabres game haha

I haven't had any issues for a while. Seems to be you're the only one with an issue here. My post was nothing. Get over it.

lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.