Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

The Oilers picked up another point last night in Winnipeg, forcing the game to the SO.  They're playing so much better under Phillips.  The marginal improvement really shows in their output.  Look at Yakupov alone.  He's still a plus minus nightmare, but he's putting up points again.  If they can get him stable, then maybe they can really finally begin to show on their unlimited potential.  

More on Biega...2006 draft, he's taken in the 5th round, Mike Weber was 2nd.  Both have scored 1 goal this year.  I think you could make a solid case that Biega is a much better hockey player than Weber.  Factor in right place / right time (Pysyk killed any chance for Biega w/ Sabres) and the preference given to 1st and 2nd rd draft picks over 4th or 5th and it makes sense.  Just saying....

More on Biega...2006 draft, he's taken in the 5th round, Mike Weber was 2nd.  Both have scored 1 goal this year.  I think you could make a solid case that Biega is a much better hockey player than Weber.  Factor in right place / right time (Pysyk killed any chance for Biega w/ Sabres) and the preference given to 1st and 2nd rd draft picks over 4th or 5th and it makes sense.  Just saying....

Poe's law?

Byfuglien destroys Gadzic on a suicide pass from Fayne...

And that right there is why concussions will always be part of the game.  Also.. if those were the Bruins meathead announcers they would have proclaimed that Byfuglien had not only boarded him but speared him, charged him, and sent threatening letters to his family during the intermission.

Canadian announcers?  That was a solid hit right there.

More on Biega...2006 draft, he's taken in the 5th round, Mike Weber was 2nd. Both have scored 1 goal this year. I think you could make a solid case that Biega is a much better hockey player than Weber. Factor in right place / right time (Pysyk killed any chance for Biega w/ Sabres) and the preference given to 1st and 2nd rd draft picks over 4th or 5th and it makes sense. Just saying....

I like Biega too but he's just not good enough to be an NHL player. You know what Weber has over Alex. Size and attitude. An undersized guy who doesn't bring a lot of offense or anything else is almost useless. And I really like him!!!!

No for real.  Biega is a very good hockey player, I'm telling ya.  Not saying he warrants top 4 on an NHL team, or the Sabres shoulda kept him, but he's solid.  

I'll admit i've never seen him play. That said Weber has nearly 300 games to Biega's 1 and Biega didn't see the NHL till he was 26. I'm suspicious of him being decent

... :huh:

I like Biega too but he's just not good enough to be an NHL player. You know what Weber has over Alex. Size and attitude. An undersized guy who doesn't bring a lot of offense or anything else is almost useless. And I really like him!!!!

Well he's meaner/tougher than Reggie (low bar admittedly). But yeah attitude is not his game and he doesn't play that roll.  That aside, defensively (break-up play, correct position, win battle and get puck out of zone), I still say he's better than Weber.  Intimidate / big-hit / threat-to-fight, of course Weber wins.  

Flynn-esque.  Very good hockey player.  Doesn't sell tickets tho.

Biega'sanity!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.