Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Brindamour/ Lindros dirt here in Raleigh at dinner party... Further confirmation to follow

That stuff about mixing with the others wife has been out there forever. Same story came out of Vancouver as the reason Kessler was moved. Banging team mates wives. No way of knowing if there's anything to it.

Plus, the cap will be what, $8 -$10+ million higher by that point. We have seen over and over again that a big part of opportunity is timing, like the Kane deal. If Kessel hits the trade market the Sabres need to jump on it and not hope there will be another Kessel level player available down the road. Put him in some blue & gold and slap the 'C' on his chest for the next 8 - 10 years. 

Kessel may well be a solid captain for this time to bridge them between now and when Connor takes his rightful place as the hands down best player in the league. He's your captain from the day he signs his first non-ELC to the day he retires in 2039.

That stuff about mixing with the others wife has been out there forever. Same story came out of Vancouver as the reason Kessler was moved. Banging team mates wives. No way of knowing if there's anything to it.

Yeah, I know that rumor has been out there, but this guy is pretty tightly connected within Canes organization and says it happened without a doubt. The new part I hadn't heard before, but also appears to be already out there after googling, is that Lindros suffered one his concussions as a result of Rod the bod beating the piss out of him.

Yeah, I know that rumor has been out there, but this guy is pretty tightly connected within Canes organization and says it happened without a doubt. The new part I hadn't heard before, but also appears to be already out there after googling, is that Lindros suffered one his concussions as a result of Rod the bod beating the piss out of him.

I have a hard time believing any of this

I would respond, but since you are acting like an as*hole for no reason I'll pass.

But see, you did respond.

In the Dallas - Avs game, Darryl Reaugh just described the game as "borderline constipated" due to whistles and no flow. :lol:

That's lovely.

Leafs trade Cody Franson & Mike Santorelli to Nashville for 2015 1st rounder, Brendan Leipsic and Olli Jokinen

Good trade for the Preds, I think.  Ryan Ellis has been out for a while (officially a lower body injury, but he has a broken leg) and Matty Ekholm just came back from injury yesterday.  Preds have been playing an AHL guy on the third defensive pair and getting away with it.  Jokinen is just done.  He's had a good career, but it is time.  He was included as a salary dump.  Leipsic is a smallish agitator type.  Good prospect, but nothing to write home about.

Franson and Santorelli were both drafted and developed by the Preds.

Oh wow... Rest in peace, Steve.

Renaud Lavoie: It's with sadness that I just learn the passing of Steve Montador. He was 35 years old. He played 571 games in the NHL.

Only 35? That's tragic. He was a good player and a stand up guy, RIP Steve. How did he pass? Edited by WildCard

Oh wow... Rest in peace, Steve.

Renaud Lavoie: It's with sadness that I just learn the passing of Steve Montador. He was 35 years old. He played 571 games in the NHL.

Wow.. only 35.  Sigh.

Nice trade by the Predators.  Apparently Toronto wanted to clear out some lineup space.  Jokinen is clearly nothing for them long term.  But they do get a first and that will help them in their rebuild.

That's very sad.

A typo in the article said he was 350 ... man 35 is just a pup.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.