Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

What Bouwmeester was isn't what he is. He's still a good defender, but he's on the same level as Sekera now. The Blues didn't sign that contract assuming they would consistently get the younger Bouwmeester. Sekera is still young.

They signed that contract for a 29 year old Bouwmeester coming off 7 consecutive seasons of 20+ points, and followed it with 33 in his first full season with the Blues. They signed him to that contract hoping Calgary had dragged everyone down with it, and that he was the player he used to be, stuck in a bad place.

Sekera is 28, and in a similar situation. The difference is, he has never shown the consistency Bouwmeester had, and will likely get paid off of one great season he had. People are hoping he's a good/great player stuck in a bad situation, I don't believe he is. I think he's a solid 4th defender worth middle to high $4 mil/year

Craig Button just did his top five power rankings in the Eastern Conference and didn't include the team who is on a 3-game streak, 7-3 in their last ten and leading the conference... Tampa Bay.

Wow... that is a no brainer. I mean you start with "Tampa Bay is the #1 team in the east and for good reasons..."

WTF is going on in here?

Train wreck that surprisingly doesn't involve me.

Or because he's gay or straight or bi and nobody cares, and what's even funnier is saying that someone who clearly doesn't have AIDS does, in fact, have AIDS.

For me, the humor's in the absurdity.

I mean, seriously, who gets AIDS in the FACE?

image.jpg

I got some in my ears.

Oh yeah because he's gay and that's a bad thing and what's even cooler is that unprotected gay sex can lead to Aids so let's reference that.

Wow. A little over sensitive, are we?

Maybe he got aids from using dirty heroin needles and not from having unprotected buttsecks with men in leather bars.

I don't care if he really was gay or not, but I don't like the guy and if he did get stricken with aids (maybe from a tainted blood transfusion or some other non gay way), I'd still get a chuckle out of it. Same goes for Tom Brady, Dan Marino, Jimmy Johnson, Jerry Jones, Michael Irvin, Bill Belichick, Zdeno Chara, Milan Lucic, Brad dick nose Marchand, and a host of other people I'd like to see die in a fire.

Congrats on having the moral authority to put me in my place though. Don't you have some calf raises to do or something?

Edited by Drunkard

If you can't draw a straight line from aids accusations to questioning someone's sequel orientation, I don't know if we can have a conversation.

Tell that to Magic Johnson or the countless other straight people who got aids from dirty needles, transfusions, or unprotected sex with people of the opposite sex.

It was a joke. Was it in bad taste? Sure. Was it so over the line that it warrants the reaction it got when this board jokes about rape, pillaging, baby eating, and countless sexual innuendo jokes directed at Spendchz, Biodork, Josie, and some people's infatuation with the owner's wife? I don't think so but I guess that's for the moderators to decide.

LeBrun: Governors were told that Cdn dollar won't be as impactful as some fear on salary cap. Worst case less than a million lower than 73M proj

Damn, that doesn't help the Sabres as much

So, if you start at 4, for the love of all that's good and holy, don't go back to 1, 2, or 3?

And no ####ing Ewoks either. And why the #### do those little ####ers worship a golden droid rather than a 7' tall ewok?!?

There is a rumor that the Ewoks do return in Episode 7, as members of the Empire go to retrieve Vaders Mask (why they are doing that I have no idea) and there is a battle that does not have the same positive outcome for them. There also is another rumor that Vader makes a return.

Ok I am done my mom is telling me my Spaghetti Os are ready.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.