Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Damn, that doesn't help the Sabres as much

It's only a difference of about a million or two. Not huge. Teams like Chicago are still in trouble. It won't be about just fitting guys in, they'll want to be able to field a deeply competitive team still. That's why they'll likely want to a turn a $5-6M contract into two smaller ones.

NHL is going to start testing chips in pucks and jerseys to track basically everything happening on the ice. It moved...it absolutely moved!

Just like the NFL is doing this year. That's just so they can sell the data to the video game companies.

No clue on the NFL, but pretty sure this is the start of implementing SportVU for the NHL. So it's not a video game thing.

It's also possible my sarcasm detector is completely shot.

There was no sarcasm. The NFL already put the chips in the uniforms this year. I'm not sure what SporsVU is but I have to believe there is no way that the video game companies don't get their hands on that data to make their games more real and accurate.

There was no sarcasm. The NFL already put the chips in the uniforms this year. I'm not sure what SporsVU is but I have to believe there is no way that the video game companies don't get their hands on that data to make their games more real and accurate.

SportsVU is how NBA teams track player movements on court and teams have used the data to build new advanced metrics to measure performance.

I read one post from Drunkard. If there was another questioning Crosbys orientation then I missed it. Doesn't mean you have to be a dbag about it.

Don't think I was being a dbag, just sort of matter of fact. I'm done with it. It's not like I'm even super sensitive about gay jokes. I just don't think they are funny. Just like calling dudes women's names isn't funny to me. I did think the face aids was funny....

He looked good though. His stride was much more efficient.

True, and the way he circled around the cones was different than the others I saw: he skated while doing it a little where the others just glided. 

No clue why Ekblad was in there and not the Hardest Shot. I guess the older guys want the more fun competitions and sprints aren't exactly fun 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.